“Just OK” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
West Farmington
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I usually stay at this property a couple of times a year on motorcycle trips back n forth to Florida. It's conveniently located with a good restaurant right next door. I frequently come shleping in late cold, tired, sometimes wet. I'm only there long enough to sleep n hit the road so my needs and expectations are modest.

While the personnel have always been friendly and competent there's always been one issue or another.... the bathrooms could be cleaner, sometimes the drains are slow or the toilet takes 3 flushes, this trip one room obviously hadn't been used or cleaned in quite a while and had fine black dust everywhere. :::shrug::: When you're cold, wet and tired any port in a storm will do and at this price point it's better than many.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mississauga, ON, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was our second visit to this motel. We had stayed here a year ago, with no issues. It is just an overnight stop on our way down to Myrtle Beach, SC from Toronto, ON, Canada. This time around, we had several issues with the housekeeping in our room. The counter top in the sink area was not clean. There was dust and hairs on the counter when we entered the room. No big deal, I thought. We'll just give it a wipe and that's that. Then we went to bed. The bed was seriously the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed I have EVER slept in, in my entire life..... The springs were so worn, the bed squeaked every time we got in or out. When my husband got out of bed, I thought I was going to be seasick, it rocked so much. The next morning, my husband had a quick shower before we hit the road. Explain to me HOW, after he FINISHED his shower, there was a LONG BLACK hair in the tub, when he has SHORT GREY hair...... I refused to shower after that, and we left. I know you get what you pay for, but I seriously DO expect a clean room, and a comfortable bed. We will NOT be staying here again. Sorry, Super 8. You have seriously disappointed us with this visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan D, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Motel - Wytheville, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about this experience, but do appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Our guest rooms are scheduled for a major renovation later this fall, so I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future. I'm confident that we can provide you with the level of comfort you expect and deserve. Thanks for staying at the Super 8.
Kearney, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this Super 8 on a number of occasions over the past 10 years while travelling. It has always been been a well-worn property but our most recent visit convinced us that it's best days are far in the past. The entire property is worn out.

There are many obvious signs of wear and rust on metal objects. Our bathroom door no longer closed properly because the door was larger than the opening.

The nicest thing I can say about the reception staff was that she was there. The parking lot was almost empty and we requested a ground-floor room to make it easier to move stuff in and out of our car. We were told curtly that there were no rooms with 2 beds available on the ground floor. Anyone who was staying in those rooms on the ground floor must be invisible !

We will stay in another hotel on our next visit. There are lots of alternatives in the Wytheville area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Your business through the years is much appreciated. Our hotel is scheduled for a major renovation this fall, so we hope to win you back with the sort of comfort and service you expect and deserve.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Website said $55/ night. Got quoted $65 for king-n/s. Furniture was very worn, and at least 20 yesrs old. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. 3 flat pillows for a king size bed? REALLY? Woke up with a sore back and neck. One thin blanket, no extras. Baseboards in bathroom were buckled and warped, with spider webs in the corners. Afraid to shower. Sink had coffee stains and hairs...clearly had not been properly cleaned. Free breakfast was all carbs, a half a loaf of bread and a jar of jelly? Um, it's not my grandma's house... individual jelly would be more appropriate. I have no idea who may have licked their knife and stuck it in the jelly. (And I work in restaurants, so yes, I have seen people do this.)

The soap smelled nice.

Lots of other places nearby, so if I had to do it again, I wouldn't stay here. Maybe if I were charged the price they quote on their website, but for $65 +taxes, this place is not worth my money.

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks for choosing the Super 8. I'm very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay with us, but appreciate your feedback.

Been to Super 8 Motel - Wytheville? Share your experiences!