“Well Managed....Safe, Great Staff, Clean, Cold Workout Room, NIce Deco” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Wytheville

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
Columbus, Ohio
“Well Managed....Safe, Great Staff, Clean, Cold Workout Room, NIce Deco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed at this Hampton going to Myrtle Beach, SC from Ohio and a week later stayed coming back to Ohio from MBSC. I love this Hampton! The hotel on all my visits has been 100% booked. I booked at least 3 days prior to my stay. We have stayed here several years to break up our trip, as we travel with small children. This trip I was traveling without my husband and 5 year old & a 3 year old. I arrived on the return trip around 10 PM. My daughter was sleeping on my shoulder and my 5 year old son was at my side. The 2 staff who checked me in, a lady and a gentlemen could not have been nicer. They could tell I was traveling solo with kids and I just felt very pampered by all their sweet comments. My mom joined us a little later, as my sister and her family stayed at the Ramada across the street (don't stay there......YIKES!!!!)

The breakfast is great! It is not First Watch, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel, but great for a hotel. Even biscuits and gravy, lol! My kids love the pool and hot tub. I used the workout room just to run. There were 2 treadmills, they worked fine. I was very, very, very happy the workout room was ice cold with a TV I turned up loud enough to hear while running. The ice cold workout room was a BIG PLUS for a runner who runs "hot"....There were also plenty of luggage carts, which most would probably not notice...unless there were not enough......

All and all....great hotel to stay on the way to your destination!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wheeling, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We arrived late, 10pm with no reservation and after talking with the desk clerk (was very nice), got a lower rate than expected, for one night stop over. Interior hallway doors, clean room, smelled clean, quiet and cold a/c, comfy beds & linens, nice larger bathroom, quiet hallway. Great morning breakfast, well stocked, eggs, sausage, tons of breads, bagels, muffins. Easy access on/off interstate, easy parking. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Bryson City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Very nice hotel, clean and comfortable, good breakfast. Only complaint - NOT pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2010
Greenville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

Thank goodness this was my last night of my 8 day trip and not the first night! When I checked in, the first room they gave me was on the 3rd floor. The hallway smelled musty and the air was thick and damp - in May, not July! When I entered the room, I about fell over from the strong odor of air freshener and the freezing temperature in the room. They were obviously trying to cover up something. There was evidence of a roof leak in several spots in the hallway, and in one spot in the room. Since they have wall paper everywhere, heaven only knows what's under that (mold/mildew??)

The room was refurbished, and that wasn't the problem. The air freshener was. I asked for another room without any air freshener and was told that they used them in all the rooms. I was exhausted after driving all day and decided to stay there in spite of the overpowering smell. I was given a room on the first floor. The first floor hallway was equally dank, and smelled heavily of chlorine. I guess the pool was located there just behind wall, but why the pool smell in the hallway?

My room was freezing when I entered and I figured they ran all their air conditioners to cover up odors. I turned it down and quickly realized that the AC wasn't able to adequately remove moisture from the room. The carpet felt damp, my papers on the desk became damp after a night's stay there. And I developed congested sinus's and a bad sore throat after sleeping there (which went away after about an hour of driving). I couldn't wait to leave. Everything in my suitcase smelled like perfumed air freshener. I was disgusted. Won't ever stay there again. And wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

We stopped at the Hampton for one night, en route to SC. The room (2 queen beds) was spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We loved the free wi-fi access. The free breakfast was a surprisingly nice quality. The pool was nice as well. The last time we stopped in Wytheville, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites, and we'd have to say that the Hampton was a much more pleasant experience, and we will stop here from now on.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

The Hampton Inn in Wytheville, VA is an enjoyable stop on the road. The front desk personnel are all friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The lobby just inside the door seems small, but it feels fresh and new. The lobby sitting area and breakfast seating area is spacious and comfortable. The sitting area has a very nice wall-mounted flat panel TV that we enjoyed. The afternoon fresh cookies and popcorn are a treat.

Our King room was great! The mattress is very comfortable, and the bedding clean and neat. The whole room is inviting – everything seems new. The flat panel TV has a sharp picture. A lounging chair and ottoman are in one corner, and a small refrigerator and microwave are in another. A desk with comfortable task chair is convenient. The bath is modern and clean.

The breakfast area is large enough for several people to help themselves all at the same time, and the eating area is more than adequate. Breakfast offerings are orange and apple juices, coffee, cocoa, oatmeal, yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, sausage, biscuits, breads, and pastries – something for everyone. Guests feel comfortable and cared for, and conversations start easily.

The business area is in a secured room accessible with the guest key card. Two computers and printers are available for guests.

The fitness room is also secured. A TV is available to watch during the workout. Several different machines are available, but I only used one of the two treadmills. The hotel has a pool, but I didn’t try it.

The Wytheville Hampton Inn provided a quiet night’s sleep. The hotel is far enough from the interstate that road noise is not an issue. The heating/cooling system is quiet. We would return to this hotel on a future trip to Virginia.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Marlton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I've never had any problems with Hampton Inns no matter where I've been. This hotel was used as a 1 night stopover on a family vacation (4 adults, 25-58). This Hampton Inn did not disappoint us either.

Check-in was very easy (we used Expedia and there were no problems at the front desk when we arrived). Yes, you will pay a little bit more for Hamptons but it's worth it. The room itself was very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the microwave, mini-fridge, and LG Flat Panel TV were nice touches. The only downside was the bathroom, it was way too small.

As for amenities -- the indoor pool was comfortable, the hot tub was not really hot but more on the warm side, they have a sauna which is extremely hot (so get ready to sweat and relax), they have free cookies and a newspaper in the lobby, and the business room has 2 computers for the guests to use. The breakfast was an average Hampton Inn breakfast. A couple hot dishes, waffles, breads, etc. Did not disappoint at all.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!