“Nice stay on my way to AL.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Wytheville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 East Main Street, I-81/I-77 at Exit 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
Locust Grove, VA
“Nice stay on my way to AL.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and two younger children on our way to Huntsville, AL, arriving after 10PM. There was a small snag when we checked in. The rate listed was $20 higher than what I had booked online. Monica, at the front desk, informed me that, since I had arrived after 6PM, that the reservation had automatically been dropped by the system. She promptly lowered the rate to the price I had booked. TIP: If you are going to arrive at a La Quinta after 6PM, call the hotel and let them know. I don't remember ever having this problem with any hotel before, but it was nice that they handled it so quickly. We went down and enjoyed the hot tub/pool for a while. On the way back up, we talked to Patty, who said she'd have breakfast ready early in the morning. This was one of the best hotel continental breakfasts I've seen. In addition to the cereals, oatmeal, bagels and other standard CB fare, they had biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage, and eggs available. Thoroughly enjoyed it! I was up at 3:00AM because we had had a power outage at my office, so I had to log in using the WiFi connection to handle a few things. Worked great. Our room was clean; I can't think of a single problem with it. This is a great hotel. If you are passing through Wytheville, and need a place to rest your head, stop at La Quinta.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ravenna, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were greeted as we walked into the lobby by the staff. Check in was quick and conveinent. Some noticable wear and tear in the hotel - doors, elevator, carpet and walls. Our room was clean and comfortable. The AC unit in the room is loud as it cycles. This may be a concern if you are a light sleeper. The pool needed some attention. The water was very cloudy. The pool area was disappointing. Good variety for a continential breakfast, plenty of hot and cold foods to chose from. If traveling through the area again, we would stay here for a night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stopped here on night two of a cross-country road trip. After a terrible night one, we checked trip advisor reviews for night two.. This La Quinta (we were staying at La Quinta because of their pet-friendly policy) was fabulous. The hotel is recently renovated, with new furniture, carpets, bathroom fixtures and flat screen TVs. The staff was very friendly. They were fully booked, but other than a packed parking lot, you would never have known. We got a great nights sleep! The breakfast was well stocked in spite of a full crowd. We would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Nice hotel; friendly staff; convenient over nighter on Rt 81.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

The hotel was a real treat. We were greeted at check-in with fresh cookies. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We traveled with our dog, who was greeted like another guest, and we were never made to feel unwelcome, as the chain is pet-friendly. Breakfast was tasty and was included in the room rate, much to our surprise. All in all, this exceeded our expectations for a La Quinta.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Ok.. I am a La Quinta regular. I always stay at La Quintas because they allow pets. With that said, I have stayed at this La Quinta on 2 separate occasions. Both times, I experienced itching and rashes from their sheets and pillows. It feels like a horrible sunburn. The staff is friendly. The breakfast is not good. La Quinta has done better at other locations. Overall... this is a low one for La Quinta. The other reviews on here, I am not sure if they have not experienced other La Quintas...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Oak Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Friendly helpful staff. Room was very clean and comfortable. Recently remodeled. Great location. Pets allowed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!