“Service Dog Summarily Ordered Out of Breakfast Area” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

You added La Quinta Inn Wytheville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 East Main Street, I-81/I-77 at Exit 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SUGAR GROVE, VIRGINIA
“Service Dog Summarily Ordered Out of Breakfast Area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My service dog and I were approached by the desk clerk at this motel who told us that we had to get out of the breakfast area because she is a dog, and dogs are not allowed. There are only two legal reasons for taking his action: her being out of control without my being successful in correcting the behavior or her being a threat to other customers. My dog was in the process of seating herself under the tiny table at which I was going to drink my coffee, following the rules of her training. One customer loudly called out that she was not disturbed by my service dog's presence. I handed the desk clerk a card, informing him of the laws that apply. He took it but said that he did not care. We must remove. At that point customers in the throughout the room were calling out to him telling him that she was to stay. He escorted us out. I had no breakfast. There is no excuse for the callous treatment my service dog and I received from this motel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Orange City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a handicapped room but it was very small; room “keys” did not work, had to be replaced. Coffee cups on the breakfast buffet were tiny. They allow dogs, but had no pet walk area, just the side of a grassy hill or the parking lot

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for the comments. I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied during your recent stay. If there is anything we can do to better assist you please feel free to email me at lq6162gm@laquinta.com or you can reach me by phone at 276-228-7400.
We hope to see you again soon.

Russell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night and what a disappointment. First the remote needed batteries but that's okay, got replacements. Next I wanted to use my iPad because the receptionist said they had wifi...not! She said she had to reset the modem but it never did work...disappointed but can live without it for one night. The bathroom supplies were very scarce...one washcloth each for two and one towel each...no lotion or conditioner but at least there was shampoo...soap was abundant...two bars. The morning complementary breakfast was pretty sad though one can't go wrong with cereal. The only fruit was a stack off overly ripe bananas...I would call them nearly rotten. I must say, on a positive note, they are pet friendly and that wS important...though one can stay next door at the red roof inn at a much cheaper rate and the accommodations are better...I learned the hard way. On a positive note, the staff was very nice, the room was clean though very old with a broken chair...$99/night with AAA discount...times must be tough.

Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you had during your stay I will address each one of them personally and make sure they are all resolved. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to email me @ lq6162gm@laquinta.com or call directly at 276-228-7400.

Russell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed here for the last four years and found LaQuinta to be the better of the hotels in the area. Even my picky sister couldn't complain! The service was also very good and they allow pets - can it get any better than that!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

La Quinta hotel was very accomodating to let us drop in when we were passing through. Pet friendliness was the requirement and the hotel provided that as well as a well appointed clean room and great service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped over on our way to Myrtle Beach, the staff here was very friendly and helpful the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was good and was just what most travelers are looking for something to tide them over for a few hours. There's a Bob Evans right next door and a Shoneys across the street. We would stay here again.

Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a very nice size room,and a clean location. Parking was easy . The stagg was friendly. I was surprised to have a full breakfast. Go into town and check out Kings Country Produce if you get a chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!