“Great location, clean hotel,nice staff warm breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Wytheville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 East Main Street, I-81/I-77 at Exit 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great location, clean hotel,nice staff warm breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped over on our way to Myrtle Beach, the staff here was very friendly and helpful the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was good and was just what most travelers are looking for something to tide them over for a few hours. There's a Bob Evans right next door and a Shoneys across the street. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a very nice size room,and a clean location. Parking was easy . The stagg was friendly. I was surprised to have a full breakfast. Go into town and check out Kings Country Produce if you get a chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had booked LaQuinta Wytheville, VA using my LaQuinta Returns points I have accrued. I am a big fan of LaQuinta as I have never had a bad experience and I've been staying at this chain, for years. The closest LaQuinta I could get to Bristol Tennessee was Wytheville, Virginia and that was still an hour and twenty minutes out. I made reservation and requested early check-in, which was noted, but honored only if room was available and ready from previous night stays. So we left Columbus Ohio at 6am and got to LaQuinta in Wytheville at 1130am for check-in. Linda, at desk, said nobody will be checking in until 3pm today due to special event and per her General Manager. I told her I had reservation and special request noted of early check-in and there was only a hand-full of cars in parking lot so I knew rooms were available, per policy. Besides my wife and I, we had our 2 year old and our dog along for trip. I explained to Linda we were to meet family at 1pm at speedway, and would be leaving once we took dog and luggage to room. She said we have 2 options--check-in at 3pm or look for another hotel. There were many angry customers that day as we grabbed a bite to eat and waited in lobby almost entire time as we could do nothing. Anyways we checked in at 3pm and was in bad traffic since it was closer to time of race. We missed all pre-race festivities which ruined whole weekend. We made it in time for driver intros and race. I am so disappointed we spent $400 on our tickets to race and we couldn't even enjoy time with family who came from south and couldn't enjoy all the days festivities. What a way to spend our first Race at Bristol! This was the worst customer service ever by all LaQuinta's we have stayed at. And breakfast ended earlier (930am) than other LaQuinta's as we missed it too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

RussellS6162, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wytheville, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your delayed check-in, as stated our check-in time is at 3pm. I do see where you had a request for early check-in and we always try to honor these special request but unfortunatly due to being sold out the night prior to your arrival it was about 3pm before we had rooms cleaned and properly inspected for our guest that night. I apologize for any inconveniencethis may have caused.
We hope to see you again soon.

Russell
Summerton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This inn literally shares a parking lot with the Red Roof, where I would normally stay. But I have been opting for LaQuintas for $30 more lately... mostly for the covenience of the breakfast.

This one has a fantastic view and was very easy to get to off the highway. I stayed in a King room that was large and in decent shape. It had a fridge and microwave hidden in a cabinet.

I travel with a dog and think Red Roof has the right idea with pulling the carpets out of their rooms. While my dog does not leave piddle on the carpet, the second floor hallway of this LaQuinta had a distinctly pissy odor upon my late arrival. It was humid in the low 80s outside and the AC was not on in that hall nor the room.

The staff was pleasant and efficient. No complaints there.

If these matter to you, these were my nitpicks:
No accessible electrical plugs in room for electronics without climbing.
Breakfast so so: no hardboiled eggs
Side door exit only: no trash bin for doogie bags
Has pool: lots of water on floors and elevator
One elevator: waited to use upon check in

Would I stay here again? Probably after checking out Red Roofs rooms at this location first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Smyrna, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stopped at this hotel on a recent trip to Pennsylvania from Atlanta with the family in tow. IT is a little on the expensive side for a highway hotel but in the end was worth the price.The room was clean and comfortable and the fridge was a nice bonus as we were traveling with an infant. Like most LaQuinta's this one is pet friendly, which is nice if you are traveling with any four-legged friends. Breakfast was not bad with sausage and biscuits and an assortment of fruit and muffins. We will definitely keep this property in mind again when returning to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!