“Great port in the storm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

You added La Quinta Inn Wytheville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 East Main Street, I-81/I-77 at Exit 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cleveland Ohio
“Great port in the storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The receptionist was contending with a busload of check-ins, nonstop phone requests due to power outages and storms, a filled to capacity hotel when we arrived with our reservations (thank goodness). With all of that, she was friendly helpful and completely professional.
The room was cool and clean with everything functioning - microwave, refrigerator, TV etc..
The breakfast was better than the average hotel breakfast.
A Mexican restaurant nearby had great take out.
I am using a handicapped room these days. The shower was a walk-in with a bench. More grab bars and a place for soap and washcloth would be helpful. Water went from the shower all over the bathroom floor. I needed all the towels to sop up the water because this caused the floor to be slippery and wet and a little hazardous.
I loved the pet parade in the front hall and was amazed how well behaved the animals were.

Room Tip: If you have no patience with dogs go elsewhere. If you love them this is the place for you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
paris ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel,and found the staff both friendly, and helpful. The room was clean, spacious, and well laid out. My main concern was there was no area to exercise pets! when guests travel with their pets,sometimes the are in the car for long periods, and need an area to exercise them . The only grass area around the hotel had 'NO PETS ALLOWED" signs posted. they even had the signs posted in the flower beds, and they are crushed stone! I inquired at the front desk, and was told that there was an area in front of the hotel for this purpose. Upon examination,I found that you must cross a busy entrance to this hotel,plus another hotel, and a restaurant.Not a good idea when you have two small dogs! I don't blame the hotel staff,but management should realize, that if you are going to be "pet friendly', you must accomodate the guests who are travelling with their pets.The breakfast was terrific, and the front desk lady directed me to a good Mexocan restaurant within walking distance....Jerry..Paris Ontario Canada

Room Tip: Travellers with pets...be advised!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Easy access to the Interstates. Pet friendly. Bob Evans & Cracker Barrel conveniently near by.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Wytheville LaQuinta on our trip to PA from FL, The hotel was very clean, easy to get off and on I77, great bed, and wonderful breakfast buffet. We will definitely stop again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Even though we are not into pets (smell & noise), and although this hotel allows pets, when we asked for a "quiet room" we were pleasantly surprised to get that very thing. We detected no smells in our room either. I give this hotel high marks.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Canmer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We often stay at la Quinta while
Traveling and this one ranks among the best. We had arrive at a very late hour and was greeted by very friendly receptionist.
Clean rooms, comfortable beds, good size bathrooms and great service.

If we are back in the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!