“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Wytheville

You added La Quinta Inn Wytheville to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 East Main Street, I-81/I-77 at Exit 73, Wytheville, VA 24382   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Buchanan, VA
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Hotel was clean and nice, but room was a little dated. Room was huge as we had a king suite. We did not have much of a view as we were on a lower floor and looked right out onto the pitched roof. Bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. Had an indoor pool/spa, but I found no way to cut on the jets for the spa. Pool looked green, but could have been normal color. Desk clerks were nice and friendly. Breakfast bar was awesome. Had just about anything you could want and even kept up w/ there being a bus of travelers there too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cheboygan, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

We were returning to MI after Spring break and trying a different route north. We had hoped to get well into West Va before stopping but a combination of booked hotels and
bad weather forecasts influenced our decision to stop in Wytheville. Nice town with good signage.
We stayed at the La Quinta as it was pet friendly. It was clean, quiet, and well located with close proximity to both Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, as well as other restaurants.
A couple told my wife they always stay here on way back to Ohio after wintering in FL.
We could appreciate their choice after our stay there. I'm just glad I had not looked up
the reviews on our i-phone before staying. I can only speak to our own experience which was definitely favorable.

this property

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

hotel kinda run down ceiling in bedroom peeling woke up to no water in bathroom
hotel offered no compensation. go somewhere else

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Northern Virginia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed in this La Quinta on the way back from Thanksgiving with relatives. I figured it would be fine for just a night, and the reviews here seemed to make it look pretty decent. But I think you're probably better off staying at one of the nicer hotels one exit south on I-81 - for $10-15 more, it would probably be worth it. I paid $89, and that was WAY too much.

The first thing I noticed when I entered my room was the 1980s heating unit. The next thing I noticed, when I went to dry my hands in the bathroom, was a yellowed stain on the towel. I pulled another towel, and it had another stain. There were four full size towels -- all had at least one stain. The hand towels were stained as well. GROSS. I've never seen anything like this before. It started making me feel uncomfortable about the cleanliness of the hotel in general. And it started making me inspect everything. I looked for signs of bedbugs (none), looked for errant hairs that were not mine (found one stuck to shower wall and two in the sheets). I decided to suck it up since it was just for one night, and I was tired after a long drive.

I had turned the heater up a bit when I arrived (around 9pm) and went to bed around 11pm, but it was still very cold in the room. I had to put on my jacket to get warm enough to sleep. Around 2am I woke up, hot. The heater had finally managed to heat the whole room.

The shower products were meager - just soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner, so bring your own if you plan to stay here.

The business center was just one computer, which had no internet access at the time, and there was nobody at the front desk to help. I'm clicking "no" on business center as a result. The in-room internet access worked ok, although it was slow and cut out from time to time.

The free breakfast was depressing - there were three pans of forgettable hot breakfast, including a pan full of sausage patties that looked like they had been reheated many many times. There were two kinds of cereal. When I saw that I'd have to drink my tea out of a tiny styrofoam cup -- not even a cardboard coffee cup -- I got up and left. I just couldn't start my day like that, especially after my bad night of sleep.

Overall, pretty disappointing and not worth the $89 cost. If you could get it for $65 or less, then maybe it's worthwhile.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night when passing through the area. I picked this hotel because of the indoor pool, micro fridges, continental breakfast, and most of all because of the great price. I was NOT disappointed!

The rooms were newly remodeled & very clean. The bathrooms were especially nice with the granite. The water pressure was good. Its just a great place to stay for the price. All fresh & up to date, and the staff was efficient. The wifi woked fine, but was slower than we are used to at home.

Although the hotel had quite a few guests, I didn't find it overly noisy. The breakfast was what you would expect, cereal, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, and a build-your-own-breakfast-sandwich station.

My only complaint is a small one - that the pool opened too late for us to get in a morning swim before we had to leave. It was open from 10am to midnight.

In summary, I would highly recommend this hotel because it is a great value. Just a very nice place for not a lot of money!

• Stayed November 2010
Utrecht
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The La Quinta Inn isn't spectacular but it's clean, has good staff en superb beds. Breakfast is o.k.
If we were traveling thru Wytheville again i would choose this hotel because it has good value and has everything you need.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

The staff person working the desk greeted me with a smile as I entered the lobby. Check-in was problem free and the staff person was careful not to announce my room number, which I appreciated from a safety standpoint. Room 403 faced the front of the property giving me a good view of my vehicle and the attractive mountain scenery. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Flat screen wall mounted tv offered a decent choice of channels. Micro and fridge in room were clean and put to good use. Space in a double queen room was a bit tight with the beds, desk, side chair, dresser, and unit for fridge/micro. Bathroom was decent size with ample counter space and was clean as well. Towels and bed linens were of good quality. Doors opening and closing in nearby rooms was loud but didn't hear any sound room to room. Wireless internet connection worked well on my Ipod part of the night but had difficulties later in the evening. At checkout, a different staff person was on duty and was very helpful in providing directions. Location offers easy access to interstate highways I-77 and I-81. Close to downtown, community college, and restaurants. Great overnight at a good price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Wytheville? Share your experiences!