“A good place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wytheville

Save Saved
You added Ramada Wytheville to your Saves list
Ramada Wytheville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   955 Peppers Ferry Road, Wytheville, VA 24382 (Formerly Ramada Hotel Wytheville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
Mid-Atlantic
“A good place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was a one night stay and glad we chose this exterior corridor hotel. The room was clean, service great and received a 10% discount without showing our AAA card. Reasonable price.

King size bed was comfortable, big screen TV nice, reception good, channel guide available and extra chairs with table and a desk too.

Was very clean, had a fridge and microwave, overall very good place.

Parking lot was well lit as were the corridors. Felt safe there. BP station next door, but far enough away to avoid the noise. However, the interstate was noisy when I was outside. But nothing major.

The continental breakfast was great. They have a restaurant and bar if you want to eat on the premises. We ate dinner at the Log House, which was nice and close-by.

I would stay there again. Staff was professional and courteous. A safe bet, according to our stay there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate the time it took out of your busy schedule. We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying here at the Ramada Wytheville. Hope to see you agian soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nice and professional front desk fellow (James), very clean hotel, clean room, excellent bed- clean (and I even look for hairs), and I slept great (but the hotel was pretty much empty). Clean shower, oh yeah, the shower was a bit tricky to get the water to go up to the shower head, but it worked and was fine. You have to really push the lever over, FYI.
Breakfast is excellent- in what used to be a diner attached to the hotel- clean, nice fruits, waffles, eggs, etc, and beautiful murals painted on the walls.
Gym is adequate - 3 cardio machines, and pool looks well-maintained, but I didn't use either.
So, for the price, this hotel was a STEAL. And I slept great, so from now on, I'll be stopping at the Ramada Wytheville on my travels from Ohio to Florida, and back!

Room Tip: I always get a top floor room away from the freeway for quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We realize how valuable your time is and we would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Blythewood, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This location was chosen by our reunion group as the host hotel. Our party had 2 rooms and there were several problems throughout our 3 day stay.
The sink in my mother's room would not drain. During the calls to the front desk we were told that they would send maintenance. We later found out that he had quit earlier that day. After making 2 calls & a visit to the front desk they finally came to look at the problem. The desk clerk who came over determined that there was mud & dirt blocking the drain -- she plunged it for several minutes. The gunk was disgusting. Two hours after check-in my mother was given another room. They offered no help to move this 74 yr old woman.
While at breakfast the following day, housekeeping removed all of the towels from the rooms -- we were gone only 30 mins. We had to call to get new ones. We were told that we would have to wait until they finished washing them. We were unable to leave on time that day because of the delay. Apparently they do not have a sufficient number of towels.
The next morning we put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door while we were at breakfast. We removed it when we left the room again at 10:30 am. We returned at 1:00pm and one of our rooms had not been cleaned. The housekeeper saw us as we were leaving at 1:30 pm and my husband informed her that she could go ahead. When we returned at 6pm, our room was still dirty (unmade bed, no fresh towels, full garbage, etc). The front desk apologized and brought us fresh towels.
During our stay even when they did "clean" our rooms, it was just a "wipe down". There was a grayish black stain under the toilet rim in my room that they couldn't seem to get rid of when the bathroom was "cleaned". There were cobwebs in 2 corners of the room. I didn't look any closer after this.
The only positive things about this place were: the bed was comfortable, the A/C worked great, breakfast was good, the price was more than reasonable (< $70/nt) and the 40 inch flat screen was great.
This is a really old motel which has some upgrades. Now they need to work on getting an efficient & better trained staff as well as more linens & towels. I will be returning to the area in the next 6-8 months; I will NOT stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I would also like to apologize for the issues that you had with your mother's room and am glad that we were able to accomodate her with another room. Our hope is that you would consider staying with us again in the furture.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Booked on Priceline where the price was too good to pass up but I didn't know in advance which chain was being offered. The room was clean and quiet, the beds comfortable. Looks to have been renovated not too long ago. One thing to be aware of,the rooms have outside entry doors. Breakfast was the usual offering, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, waffles and cereal.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We know how valuable your time is and we appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to review your stay here at Ramada Wytheville. We hope to see you again soon.
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is the only hotel my husband and I reserved in advance during our recent vacation. Upon arrival, the gentleman at the front desk couldn't look away from his phone long enough to greet me. He asked for my name, handed me the room card and pointed in the direction of our room. The transaction took less than 2 minutes and I was amazed at his ability to continue to using his phone without missing a beat. Needless to say, the room was even less inviting. The room was not well kept and had a strong smell. The sink took forever to drain and I had to work on the shower in the morning for several minutes to get it to flow at all. We would have left immediately upon entering the room, but knew all the hotels in the area were booked solid and we were too exhausted to drive any further.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking time to give us a review. I would also like to apologize for the issues and any inconvience that you experienced as a guest at our hotel. I sincerely hope that you will consider staying at our Ramada again if your travels bring you to our area.
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

First, James, the guy working the desk was super professional and more than helpful. My room was perfect. Spotless clean. Neck pillow on bed. I can't tell say enough. What freaked me out was there were so few people staying there. Don't even hesitate. Great mattress too. I should know, I sell mattresses.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are glad that you had a great stay and hope that we will see you again.
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was a bit worried because my husband booked the room without checking tripadvisor! After reading some bad reviews I was concerned. We stayed in a room on the 2nd floor - overlooking the pool. Didn't arrive until 10pm - the kids had a quick swim and we were off to bed.
The front desk staff were very nice.
Our room was clean.
We are a family of 5 and there was room for a cot.
Yep, it's a bit outdated, but at 10pm what a want is a clean, comfortable bed and it was provided. The evening swim was a bonus.
Breakfast is fine and gets you quickly on your way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you agian.

Been to Ramada Wytheville? Share your experiences!