“Great for the value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Wytheville

Save Saved
You added Ramada Wytheville to your Saves list
Ramada Wytheville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   955 Peppers Ferry Road, Wytheville, VA 24382 (Formerly Ramada Hotel Wytheville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
“Great for the value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Booked for one night in June. Easy check in with friendly staff. The room was very spacious and smelled very clean. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, too. The 'free' breakfast the next morning was more than sufficient! The only problem we had was with the toilet--it didn't have very much water pressure and flushing was an issue one time. Called the front desk and they came and fixed the problem within the hour.

Would definitely book here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed in a double bed room. Sheets had yellowish brown stuff all over them. I asked the guy at the front desk for new sheets and was told they where all out. I stayed on the second floor but bugs still managed to crawl in under the door. My family and I had no where else to go all the pet friendly hotels where booked. We had to sleep on the comforter with our street clothes on. If I had a tent I would have slept outside.

• Stayed July 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our stay at Ramada, Wytheville, VA could have been better. The seating in the room was not comfortable—seats very soft hitting the upholstery and outdated, the door to the room was in poor condition (not welcoming), too many lamps and furniture made the room feel crowded and the restaurant needs renovating. Positive: the expanded hot breakfast (waffles, eggs, sausage, cranberry juice, orange juice--like to combine) was very good, the attendant friendly, ensured the bins were full and cleaned the tables; the bed was comfortable.

The cost for the room was too much. We can understand now why this location would not refund if a cancelation. Other hotels close by were probably cheaper and in better condition.

Room Tip: Breakfast: Ask upfront what the menu consists of. Choose room away from vending machines--if quiet...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thanking for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Franklin, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have stayed at this facility twice previously, and expect to stay there again in a few weeks. Our room was quite comfortable, the staff was competent (and friendly) and the breakfast was good. The wireless connection for my computer worked very well, something I can't say about stays at other hotel brands. The facility is not brand new, but in my opinion is a "very good" place to stay, and a very good value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us this review. We look forward to seeing you again here at Ramada.
Greenbrier, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The reason for the question marks is I am figuring that since this person was behind the front desk when I checked out it had to be an employee or even the owner of the place. He was a short indian man that came around the wall and seemed very upset about something and was having a "conversation" with another employee. He stepped around and seen that the lady at the desk was checking me out but that didn't stop him. He was very nasty mouthed. He said a few curse words which in my opinion was very very unprofessional,and he should have waited until I had left to finish his conversation. I am not sure but I do hope that he wasn't talking like that at her that he was just telling her something. The lady did tell me sorry and she hoped I had a good day.I am the one that feels sorry for her having to hear that. If it had not been for the indian man talking like that and embarassing her (she did look very embarassed by this) I think she would have been a very nice person to deal with. Mean man you should watch your mouth!!!!!! I will not be giving Ramada anymore of my money. And the high service rating is for the lady

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bremen, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel decor, breakfast and amenities exceeded my expectations. Location and appointments well done. Clean. My one complaint would be the dress and unfriendliness of the young people at the front desk. Although efficient, they were curt almost to the point of rudeness. The young woman who booked us in was too busy on "her" phone to answer my question.
The kitchen and housekeeping personnel were friendly and asked several times if they could assist.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. We realize that your time is very valuable and do appreciate your feedback. It is good to know that even though you experienced poor customer service at our frontdesk you still were able to enjoy your stay here at Ramada. I do apologize for that experience and the matter has been taken care of. Once again thank you for staying at Ramada we hope to see you agin soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband found this place on line and for the price per night I was skeptical. On arrival the staff was friendly and the lobby looked recently updated. The room was on the street side, but remarkably quiet. We had 2 Queen beds, extra pillows and blankets, refrigerator, microwave, big screen TV and internet service. The coffee at breakfast was much better than the coffee in the room and the two chairs at the table need to be replaced. The drive to the quaint downtown area was easy access. The daily housekeeping was excellent. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: For the best rate do your internet homework!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
RamadaWytheville, Front Office Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, We realize that your time is valuable and appreciate your feedback. We hope to be able to serve you again at Ramada in the future.

Been to Ramada Wytheville? Share your experiences!