“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 hotels in Wytheville
nj
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I had the best time at this hotel. It was the best hotel I've stayed at before. The lobby is nice. And the building looked very new. The rate we got was good so we just booked it that night. Little did we know how nice it would be. The tv was huge, the bed was very clean and comfortable. The first thing that matters to me is cleanliness, and this exceeded my expectations. The bathroom was bright and clean. Our only regret is that we wish we would've woke up earlier for the breakfast in the morning. All the decor was very modern, walking through the halls the next morning, you could tell all the rooms looked nice as well.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cary NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

You’ve got to be kidding! If you have read the other review (Not child friendly) where the staff threatens to call the police because a guests baby is crying, and have found that to be hard to believe, believe it! While almost all the good reviews on this hotel seem to center around the fact that the hotel is a new property, and it is a new property, if you have to work with the staff anything beyond checking in, you are in for the twilight zone. We tried to check in after 7 PM and had to wait 30 minutes for someone to “wander in” from the outside. The Marriott people we called about it seemed surprised there was no staff inside the building for so long. The phone was ringing the entire time we were there.
The next day we tried to check in somebody else, and just could not communicate with the staff, they were rude, and instead of trying to be helpful were somewhat aggressive. I tried to call Mariott about this, but they just left me on hold for 25 minutes, I wonder if they care about these Fairfield properties. There are many other good choices in the area, the Fort Chiswell Hampton is were we wound up, excellent property and staff.
If there was a real problem on this property I would not want to be dependant on this staff.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We arrived here after going to the Hillsville Labor Day flea market. The lobby was so clean. The rooms smelled so fresh and clean. We had two queen beds which seemed alittle larger than others. The hallways and elevator were clean. We went into the indoor pool and jacuzzi which were alittle small that was the only bad thing I can think to say about this hotel. The lady who put out breakfast was super nice and the breakfast was the usual bagels etc. except everything was brand names. It was a great place to stay we would stay there again if we need to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We stopped on our way from Cleveland to Hilton Head. We called a head of time and asked for adjoining rooms but was told that wouldn't be possible. But somehow when we checked in for the night, we were given adjoining rooms (one was a handicap suite) and we were able to let the kids run back and forth between the rooms. The rooms are very spacious and as requested, our rollaway was in our room when we checked it. There were complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the afternoon when we checked in. The pool is very small. I would say, even with just 2 people it was crowded. But there is a pool and exercise room nonetheless. The breakfast was adequate with heat your own Jimmy Dean ham breakfast biscuits, variety of fruits, and muffins, donuts, and the usual fare. Definitely new looking and very clean. The pillows were great that are on the bed. We stopped at this hotel on our way back from Hilton Head too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
OHIO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

My family and I stopped at this hotel on our way back from the beach for an overnight stay due to bad weather. I asked for two adjoining rooms because we were travelilng with my parents and two small children. We checked in 9:30 PM and we checked out by 10:30. The front desk staff was rude and threatened to call the police on us because my child was crying. I contacted the manager and was told I was lucky they gave me my money back. I travel for a living and am platinum with Marriott, obviously that means nothing. If you have children stay away. We went to the Country Inn across the street and the staff was wonderful, and the rooms were cheaper and bigger.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Very clean hotel. Traveling for 2 weeks on summer vacation, this was night 11 and by far the best stay yet! We would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
acworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

We needed a hotel for a 1 night stay on our route. After reading other trip advisor reviews I decided on the Fairfield Wytheville. What a great choice! This hotel beat some higher end hotels we had stayed on our trip. The hotel had all the amenities we needed and was very clean and comfortable. We could have stayed here longer and been perfectly happy.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!