“Well executed against the Fairfield Inn concept” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
New Fairfield, Connecticut
“Well executed against the Fairfield Inn concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

There is a standard for each brand in the Marriott family of hotels. The staff at the Wytheville property work very hard to meet this standards while being friendly and professional. The property is well maintained. While in the Business Center, the printer ran out of toner and there was not a replacement on site, so the staff offered to print our documents out on the back office printer, an excellent solution.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff we would to Thank you for the review of
our hotel. The staff does go above and beyond to make sure very need
of our guest are meet.

I am happy to see that the staff went beyond to find a solution to help
with the issue with the printers.

Samantha Moore, Gm
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed for one night.

Staff was pleasant and professional at check-in.

The room was clean and comfortable. The only issue I had was that my room was across from the stair well and the slamming door was a worry but it quieted down early. I was in room 201. The rooms run low to high from the end of the hall toward the center of the hotel. Higher numbers in the hallway I stayed in were closer to the elevator.

One very minor point - I stayed in to get rested and resume my trip early the next morning, so I wanted to watch a little TV and get to sleep. I couldn't find a printed channel guide. There is one on the TV, but that thing takes forever to scroll.

Breakfast was fine. The usual stuff. Very friendly staff and a comfortable dining area.

The hotel was a bit out of the way - I was traveling up route 81 - but the rate was right. There are no restaurants in the immediate area but plenty nearby. The staff is more than happy to help.

This is a fairly typical Fairfield Inn. As usual, the difference is in the staff and the folks here were friendly and helpful.

I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
On behalf of all the staff at Fairfield Inn of Wytheville we Thank you for your review of our Hotel.
We are pleased to see that we meet your exspectations and were satisfied with your stay.
We are happy that we could accomadate you for your traveling needs. We look forward to future stays.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville VA
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Raleigh from Indiana. It was evident that for a Wednesday evening the traffic was heavier coming away from the coast due to Arthur. I was very glad we made a reservation as opposed to winging it, because it might have been full and I would not want to stay anywhere else in this area. This hotel is absolutely perfect for this purpose. It is very friendly and very clean, and the breakfast is perfect and gets you back on your way the next day. Not all Fairfield's are in keeping with Marriott standards, but this one definitely is. It is more expensive than some, but worth the extra $20-$30 for the cleanliness and high standards of M, and for the comfort of having 2 queen beds instead of 2 double beds. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
On behalf of all the staff we would like to thank you for your review of our hotel.
We appricate all the kind words and praise.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville VA
Hilton Head, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

i got a room here with my credit card and when i showed up it would not take my credit card i had drove over 400 miles that day and the lady there said i cant help you so i offered to pay cash and she would not take it she did not in anyway try to help i will never stop by this again rev gene davis

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I would like to make the corrective steps with my staff of how this situation should have been handled. Would you please contact me at the hotel so I can get a better understanding of what happened. I would greatly appricate it.

Thornhill, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were on our way to Florida for an extended vacation. We made the 1000 KM mark and Wytheville was a great stopping point. The hotel is just off the main highway and just outside town, The property is clean, great accommodation, not elaborate, good bed and good continental breakfast included. It is only a short distance from town with restaurants. The front desk was very helpful and the service was good. The price was $107.10 and well worth it. While it was only a 1 night stand, it was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Fairfield Inn & Suite Wytheville I would like to thank you for your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that if you receive a survey from Marriott International, regarding your stay with our Fairfield Inn and Suites that you might be able to take a few minutes to complete it. These surveys are a great way for us to reward our associates and bring awareness to our challenges from your perspective.
Again, thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville for your stay in Virginia!

Vienna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We found ourselves in, what was reported to us as "the usual beach traffic jam" at the confluence of I-74, I-81 and I-77. Traffic was nearly at a standstill, bumper to bumper, moving at a snail's pace, sporadically, as far as the eye could see. Two carloads of family members had left an hour before us and were caught in the mess on I-77 and the WV Turnpike with nowhere to stop or stay. Five of us left later in two cars and were imprisoned in sometimes not-moving Saturday traffic. We crawled along with frayed nerves till we got to Wytheville, VA. A local told us of the new Fairfield Inn & Suites and luckily we checked in for the night.

We were in two king sized suites that were very nicely furnished and actually TWO rooms. The anterior room had a love-seat sofa with pullout bed which helped immensely for my daughter-in-law and two grandsons. The king bed was very comfortable and gave my husband and I a wonderful night's sleep. Marriott white linens on the beds are extremely soft and luxurious. The rooms were quiet, clean and well equipped. There was a small refrigerator and coffee pot which we did not need but, some may find this item very helpful.

This Marriott served a full breakfast which was well prepared and served in a spacious dinning area: scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage, various kinds of bread to toast, cereals, fruit, etc. and there was no charge. The people who prepare and serve these breakfasts are not allowed to put tip jars out. Hint: give the folks in these hotels and inns a tip.

Wytheville is a charming village and it was a stroke of good fortune to leave the crowded traffic jam to find such a clean, welcoming inn. The our daughter-in-law and the two teens went into the village and enjoyed the last day of a festival that had been celebrated all week.

When we checked out Sunday morning. There was very light traffic on the road and the final leg of our beach vacation trip found us well rested and happy thanks to the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there one night on our way through town. The hotel was nice and the rooms were in good condition. We stayed on a Wednesday night so there was a manager's reception with free papa john and drinks. The best part of the stay was the front desk manager Doug. He was extremely pleasant, courteous, and helpful. Marriott should give that guy a raise because he knows how to treat customers.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you fro your resent stay at Fairfield Inn in Wytheville. Also I wanted to take a moment and Thank you for the kind words about our front desk agent Doug S. He is a wonderful asset to our company and we are proud to have him. I am very pleased he made your stay a memoriable one.

Best Wishes,

Fairfield Inn & Suites of Wytheville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!