We found ourselves in, what was reported to us as "the usual beach traffic jam" at the confluence of I-74, I-81 and I-77. Traffic was nearly at a standstill, bumper to bumper, moving at a snail's pace, sporadically, as far as the eye could see. Two carloads of family members had left an hour before us and were caught in the mess on I-77 and the WV Turnpike with nowhere to stop or stay. Five of us left later in two cars and were imprisoned in sometimes not-moving Saturday traffic. We crawled along with frayed nerves till we got to Wytheville, VA. A local told us of the new Fairfield Inn & Suites and luckily we checked in for the night.
We were in two king sized suites that were very nicely furnished and actually TWO rooms. The anterior room had a love-seat sofa with pullout bed which helped immensely for my daughter-in-law and two grandsons. The king bed was very comfortable and gave my husband and I a wonderful night's sleep. Marriott white linens on the beds are extremely soft and luxurious. The rooms were quiet, clean and well equipped. There was a small refrigerator and coffee pot which we did not need but, some may find this item very helpful.
This Marriott served a full breakfast which was well prepared and served in a spacious dinning area: scrambled and boiled eggs, sausage, various kinds of bread to toast, cereals, fruit, etc. and there was no charge. The people who prepare and serve these breakfasts are not allowed to put tip jars out. Hint: give the folks in these hotels and inns a tip.
Wytheville is a charming village and it was a stroke of good fortune to leave the crowded traffic jam to find such a clean, welcoming inn. The our daughter-in-law and the two teens went into the village and enjoyed the last day of a festival that had been celebrated all week.
When we checked out Sunday morning. There was very light traffic on the road and the final leg of our beach vacation trip found us well rested and happy thanks to the Fairfield Inn & Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wytheville Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott® is nestled in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountians, and conveniently located off I-77 and I-81, near popular attractions. NASCAR fans will enjoy our central location to Bristol Motor Speedway and Martinsville Speedway. Wytheville is home to several annual festivals including the Hillsville Labor Day Flea Market & Gun Show, Chautauqua Festival, Wythe County Heritage Festival, and the Homestead Living History Festival. We now offer our free hot breakfast!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Wytheville
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville Hotel Wytheville
- Fairfield Inn Wytheville
- Wytheville Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Wytheville