“Great nights rest for weary travelers...” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Wytheville
“Great nights rest for weary travelers...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here on our trip home from St. Petersburg, Florida to Erie, PA. It is pretty much the last stop on I-77 for any decent lodging before Charleston and we stopped around 9:00 pm. I initially tried to book a room on the Marriott site because I am a Marriott Rewards member, however it did not give me the option and was labeled as "not available". Upon arrival at the hotel when I checked with the front desk person she informed me she was not sure why it said that and assured me they had availability.

I asked to book a Jacuzzi suite with a king bed so I could relax my sore muscles after all the driving and I was immediately accommodated without issue. The staff member in charge of the desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub well worth the additional cost (I paid $127 plus taxes which I thought was a reasonable rate considering the upgrade). They also provide you with two bars of soap (one for body and one for face), Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline intensive care lotion (travel sizes) which is an added bonus. There is a pool and hot tub in pool area although we did not take advantage of them. The internet service was good as well.

They have very comfortable beds and the pillows are very soft making for a good nights sleep. The view out of our window was very pretty in the morning showcasing the hills of Virginia. Breakfast was simple but very good with scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, sausage patties, yogurt, waffles, cereal and an assortment of bagels, toast and muffins. Overall, I would say it is a great value for the price given that you get such comfortable accommodations and breakfast.

Room Tip: We had room 229 which is a Jacuzzi suite and is also accessible for those with disabilities. There...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are happy we could accomidate you and go above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful one. I will make sure to let all of the staff know that there hard work is appreicated by wonderful guest like yourself.

We cant wait to see you again in the future.

Have a wonderful day and safe travels,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

As lays the front desk staff greeted me with a smile and was very courteous. Booking level seems low, so the place was quiet and I was on the end of the hallway, ground floor. The hotel is located far enough away from the interstate so you don't get the traffic noise you get when close.

These particular mattresses need to be turned more frequently than what they're doing here. Getting into bed, there is a definite "dent" in the sleeping area and moving to the center of the bed for me doesn't cut it.

The local cable tv carrier is not following the new rules regarding commercial volume levels. Each time any TV program went to commercial, I had to grab the remote and crank the sound down. I mean it was significant and highly annoying. Certainly not the fault of the hotel, but the CATV folks needs to get in compliance with the rules.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your review, we do have a structured plan of when we
flip our mattresses. We try to stay on that plan to keep them from getting off track.

Also thank you for bringing to my attention about the commericals
I will give our cable company a call to see what we can do about those high volume on commericals.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Suncook, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my first time in Wytheville and my group stayed at this hotel for 9 days on business. It was a great hotel, my only complaint was the satellite TV was not very good. Spacious and clean rooms and the breakfast was very good. Great staff in the front of the hotel and they even hand delivered fedex deliveries for us. We strongly recommend the Log House 1776 restaurant in town, most others were not very good. Kind of a food desert in this area of Virginia, you have to look for the good restaurants. Way too many low quality chain restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review, we always try to make everyone as comfortable as
possiable. We are happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait for your
return.

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This new hotel is located close to I-77 in a quiet location. We had requested a low floor, away from the elevator. We were in # 105, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone since two large AC units are located outside the room and are very noisy, especially late at night. Other that that, the room was very comfortable, with wireless access, microfridge and microwave.

Room Tip: For a room on the first floor, request a room away from outside AC units.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review about our hotel.
We enjoy all the feedbcak.
I am pleased to see that other than a noisy AC unit outside that you were
pleased with your stay.
We hope to keep you coming back for more wonderful service.

Fairfield Inn & Suites, WYtheville VA
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a frequent traveler throughout the state, but this was my first stay in Wytheville. This hotel is very easy access from the interstate, very bright and clean, the room was well maintained and the cleaning staff did a wonderful job all 3 days I was there. The front desk staff were very friendly and extrememly helpful with a listing of restaurants (local and chain) and even good directions. The breakfast staff were equally friendly and pleasant and never gave any item an opportunity to even get low, let alone run out. My only comment would be that breakfast was the same all three mornings, but I like scrambled eggs and pork sausage, so it's not a negative.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters; I had a room directly across from the elevator and still didn't he...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff.
We all take pride in taking care of our guest like family.
We will be adding waffles to our breakfast bar as an extra item, so we can always
give a good variety to choose from.

Hope you have a wonderful day and safe travels,

Samantha Moore,GM
Moundsville, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very helpful recommending a great restaurant. Room was very clean and quiet. Breakfast was included with large variety. Staff at breakfast buffet was very pleasant and helpful. Definitely will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of our total. We always look for ways to WOW our guest.
We always want to make you want to return.

Best regards and safe travels,

Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Pretty standard Fairfield facility, well designed room, nice amenities, sparkling clean, close to freeway exit and entrance, a plus for travelers in a hurry. BUT...wanted and extra blanket, none in room or closet, husband went to desk and came back with a top sheet, but no blanket. Had been told they had none. Not one. While checking out the next morning, asked the manager about the linens situation. She said they cannot keep them, or the bed throws, as they are being stolen faster than they can replace them. They are a new product, super soft and light weight, very nice looking. So, out the door they go. Great. Unless things have improved, bring your own blanket, or extra warm pajamas,
and keep a close watch on your belongings in case they prove too irresistible to your fellow travellers along with the bed furnishings. This is our second peculiar experience with a Marriott operation, the one before in Las Vegas, and am rethinking my "loyalty" preference.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your feedback about the hotel, it is hard to keep our warm comfortable blankets in stock because everyone loves them so much. We dont usually have an issue with personal belongings at our hotel as so much for linen.

We are improving ways everyday o keep our customers happy and satisfied.

We hope to see you again,
Best regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville VA

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!