“good place for an overnight” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
pennsylvania
“good place for an overnight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed i night here enroute to Smoky mt. The hotel was clean and attractive. Beds were very comfortable Breakfast was just average with breakfast sandwiches to heat. Biggest con front desk at check in was polite but did not offer any details about facillity or breakfast . Later that day and evening no one was at desk or within sight, not just once but several times
The room was a little pricey even with senior discount but was probably in line with similar properties in area. Would likely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here on my down to Isle of Palms, SC for a week at thye beach with my wife and friends. The hotel appears to be fairly new, exceptionally clean and well staffed. This what I have come to expect from Marriott brands and this location did not disapoint. It's also why I'm just a few nights away from Platinum Elite.

Great free breakfast and the hotel provides free wireless internet (didnt use the wi-fi).

The rate for a Friday night was $127 sans tax which I thought should have been more like $99.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My last review of this hotel was stellar. That was only 4 months ago. This hotel is going downhill fast. My room smelled horribly when I arrived; thank goodness for travel size Febreeze, bathroom not clean, floor needed vacuumed, front desk personnel unfriendly and non-existent (seems they hide in the back to avoid helping anyone). I will try the Hampton Inn and suites next door the next time I travel through this area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Older facility that is extremely well maintained and spotless.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tybee Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Room & bathroom large & clean.
Great nightlight in bathroom. Dining area spotless & food VERY good. ALL personnel were polite & friendly.

• Stayed August 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stopped here on our way to a beach house stay in North Carolina. The location is perfect, and the hotel was clean; it was one of the nicer looking Fairfield Inns that I've stayed in. We loved having a jacuzzi in our room--our toddler was able to use that as his "swimming pool", which he got a kick out of. Breakfast was fine for a Fairfield Inn and they had everything our toddler would want for breakfast (fruit, cereal, milk, juice).

The major issue that I had was with the service. I got up around 6am to work out in the fitness center (which had great equipment). My key would not work in the door to the fitness center. I went to look for someone at the front desk and no one was to be found. I looked all around because I know that the hotel has limited service and that the employees have to do multiple jobs. I looked outside, down the hallways, in the back, anywhere I could. I found a breakfast area worker finally, who tried to help me find the front desk person as well, to no avail. By the time I could locate someone (45 minutes or so later), my toddler had woken up for the day and I no longer could get a work out in.

Would we stay here again? Definitely. But it really would be nice if the hotel installed a "Ring Bell for Service" or something similar at the front desk, so I don't have to waste so much time trying to find someone to help me in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We've stayed in Wytheville,VA on our annual summertime trek south to visit family for many years. This is a very convenient hotel at the intersection of I-77N and I-81S. The hotel itself is off the I-77 side, but in eyeshot of I-81. The hotel is very clean, stylish and has a friendly staff. It's no frills, but perfect for relaxing after driving all day.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville? Share your experiences!