“Our new place to stop in Wytheville” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 19 hotels in Wytheville
Roostown, Ohio
“Our new place to stop in Wytheville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our family of 6 had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We did not have reservations but the clerk got us a room immediately. Our room had two double beds and rollaway bed. We had a beautiful view of the mountains. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. The rollaway bed was a bit uncomfortable as expected with a cot. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were a wonderful way for the kids to burn off energy from being stuck in the car all day traveling. All in all, everyone had a good nights sleep. We will definitely return on our next trip passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you not only enjoyed the pool but the hotel overall. I am very sorry to see that the cot was not very comfortable I will make certain to resolve this problem personally. We look forward to your next stay.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

First visit to Wytheville and first time in a CI&S -- we would have stayed in Beckley but the Jamboree made us drive further down I77 --- and what a delight! The hotel was terrific - we had a quiet room overlooking the hills and the local community college. CC has a nice walking path that made it easy to get out and stretch legs. Downtown Wytheville is charming and we had a very pleasant walk around. It was Sunday evening so the town was quiet - but it has a very nice feel.
Breakfast was terrific and room was very comfortable,

Room Tip: be aware - no king rooms on top floor away from road noise. only 2 queens - but they are quieter r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your time here at our hotel. I will make certain to pass along all your positive comments to not only the staff that was working the night of your stay but everyone in general. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you through our area again.
Waynesboro, Va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

After a bad experience with a Hampton Inn where we usually stay, we decided to try something different and we are very glad we did. We asked for a view facing the mountains and they accommodated us and it was a nice view of the mountains. The breakfast was wonderful with choices of many types of juice and it was nice to have real forks and plates. The staff was friendly. It was a great experience. The beds were not quite as comfortable as the Hampton Inn, but they were as good as home and I found it a much better value for the price. I'm very glad we stayed there and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed not only our breakfast but the beautiful view of the mountains in your room. We look forward to your next stay.
Lodi, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this hotel with my points so we got a free stay. My only complaint is that Matt the night auditor refused to take my booking (before he knew I had points) saying that he didn't have the ability to book untill the next day because they were sold out. I had to call central reservations and when I did, they said they had plenty of room, so my concern for the night auditor is that he was lazy. The hotel of course is a nice location. Wytheville is a wonderful stopping point for most vacations. We had a nice easy check in with the girl at the front desk (I forget her name but she was great, she even took our pizza when it came so we could finish swimming). The hotel was pretty nice but it could use some updating, rooms were a little out of date and the drawers weren't cleaned out at all in our room. We found all kinds of papers that had kids drawings all over them and the entire little "Country Inn Notepad" was used up and not replennished. The closet door was also duct taped to stay shut... A little unexpected and unprofessional. Over-all it was a good stay and we really just needed it to sleep. The breakfast was fast and easy to get thru so we could do our early departure. The assistant manager was very nice in the morning when I told her about my concerns. I told her no compensation would be needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. The concerns that you have mentioned in your review I have taken care of personally and again am so very sorry to hear that you're stay was not all it could be. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Westfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and the accommodations were fantastic. Free breakfast in the morning that was really good, honestly I appreciated that they used real plates instead of Styrofoam! The beds were comfortable, bathroom clean. All the staff was friendly and they made us feel very welcome. I would stay at this hotel again, I would actually stay at any Country Inn & Suites again as I have stayed at others and they are all nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed not only our real plates while having our hot breakfast but also that our staff was so very friendly and welcoming. We look forward to your next stay.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

After our poor CI&S stay at Roanoke a week before, we drove on past it, and even past our normal exit to the next CI&S on I-81 South--this one in Wytheville. The coupon book we picked up as we entered Virginia mentioned that this was a brand new property, so we figured it had to be better than the one from last week.

And, as is usual with Country Inns & Suites, we were not disappointed. The room was fine, if crowded (see later gripe). We got in late and hit the sack and slept just fine. The breakfast was not great, but they never are at any similar chain. The swimming pool was great for the kids (and grandma). And the view was great in at least one direction. Overall, a top notch place to stay, even if it means driving 10 miles past your exit.

My one gripe, and this is about the chain in general, not just this property. Our first stay at a CI&S was back in about 2005 or so in Lancaster, PA. We stayed in an almost-suite. It didn't have two separate bedrooms and two separate bathrooms like a normal suite, but at least it had an entry room with a fold-out bed and a back room with two beds (all six shared one bathroom). Since then, I can't find any suites at Country Inns & SUITES. Well, since this was a new property, we asked if they had any and they said all their rooms are regular rooms that sleep no more than four without a roll-away cot. We asked the same of the Lexington and Harrisonburg properties and got the same answer. What's up with that? Seems odd that they no longer build their hotels to have SUITES in them. Now, it's just Country Inns and COTS.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Let me first off say we are always so appreciative of positive and constructive comments that you have shared with us. Your comments are how we improve our hotel for better guest satisfaction.
We apologize for the dissatisfaction of the breakfast and room types at not only our hotel but our overall chain. I will make certain to pass your comments along to the correct people to ensure that your opinion in heard.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stopped here from Nashville heading back to NYC. The front desk was very helpful upon check in as we did not have a reservation. The room was on the third floor located by the elevators......there was a really toxic smell in the hall (like glue or terpentine) that permiated into our room. Needless to say we did not sleep well due to the oder. Breakfast was good, the staff worked really hard replenishing everything. When I checked out I was going to complain about the toxic oder, but the front desk did not ask me "how was everything?" I was just annoyed and left. The place was very dated but the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Country Inn and Suites and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any claim is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back through our area and we will ensure a similar incident does not occur again in the future.

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!