“Nice and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Lexington, Kentucky
“Nice and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Woodstock Virginia is a very nice and clean hotel. It is located directly off the interstate. Has a hot and cold breakfast along with an indoor pool, and workout room. A pleasant stay with a family atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel to help with interstate noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Greece, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this hotel was very nice very clean, bed were great had a great sleep, the shower pressure was good I suggest you face the parking lot rather that a room facing I-81 it is rather new hotel . if this spring ill be back great Job!

Room Tip: face the parking lot
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I would absolutely stay here again & recommend to anyone. We are senior leisure travelers so value is important but amenities & cleanliness above all are very important to us. Easy exit off I-81. Stopped overnight while heading south on I-81 & wanted to do some sightseeing in the area. We were stopping at the Civil War Museum & battlefield in New Market but hotels in that area didn't look too good & the reviews didn't sound very good either. I found this one about 20 min. north of New Market, read online reviews which sounded good. We couldn't believe this was a Hampton Inn. We've stayed in many, some very nice, most are nice, some just OK, but this one is like a high end hotel.

The lobby is modern, bright, beautifully furnished, has a fireplace, & a small convenience store. Fresh fruit & cookies await at the desk along with the thermos of coffee. Nice floral arrangements & furniture around. Front desk staff extremely friendly, courteous, efficient.

Our room was spacious, 2 comfortable queen beds, nice closet with full length wide mirror on the door, usual folding luggage rack, ironing board & iron, long, long dresser w/ desk, HDTV, a place for suitcase, a lap desk for sitting in bed & using a laptop comp. or writing on paper, a fridge, & microwave. When making reserv. I requested a king room but the clerk said the kings were full except for rooms on the hwy. side of the property. I could have one but might be more comfortable in a queen room on the quiet side of the bldg. I appreciated that suggestion. The beds were very comfortable, had several pillows each & a nice duvet. The room was very quiet. Excellent soundproofing. Didn't hear a thing which was not the case on our trip north at a DIFFERENT hotel which had paper walls. HVAC had thermostat on wall instead of unit & was very quiet.

The room & the bath appeared to be clean & SANITARY. You can't see germs but this place gave me no doubt about cleanliness. It had a very nice bathroom with an unusual towel storage that I'd never seen in hotels before, a sort of cubby-hole cubicles w/ towel bar so there was plenty of space to put things without covering up the vanity top. The mirror was wide, lighting good for makeup, high end brushed nickel faucet, modern vanity, granite counter top, shelf below vanity top for more storage & lots of extra towels, usual coffee maker, ice bucket, cups. I went down to the desk after unpacking to see if they had some milk since my husband takes medicine at night & milk works better than water. Not only did he offer me a choice of low-fat or skim milk but he had freshly baked cookies that he gave us.

Breakfast was wonderful. The lady working the breakfast area was efficient, friendly, & kept everything replenished & fresh. It was far superior to any "continental" breakfast we'd had elsewhere. A Marriott Suites we stayed in once had a comparable breakfast. This one had a variety of coffee, hot chocolate, juice, numerous cereal selections rather than only 2 or 3, it had fresh, old fashioned "cooked" hot oatmeal (which the lady said she made fresh every morning) with various add-on...nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, dried fruit. There was the usual baked goods, breads, muffin, bagel assortment and a chafing dish with bacon, sausage, eggs, and French toast. There was a Belgian waffler too. Yougurt, and both skim & low fat milk which we appreciate. So many don't offer skim. In addition to the usual fresh fruit of apples, oranges, bananas, there was a big bowl of freshly cut fruit medley of citrus sections, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple which we really loved. The breakfast area was spacious, an extension of the lobby area, with lots of sofas, chairs, small breakfast tables & chairs, a long high top table with docking stations for computers & electronics. There was a large flat screen HDTV on the wall over the fireplace. Lovely art work & window treatments really enhanced the room.

When we turned in our keys the next morning, I noticed brown bags on a display rack & inquired what they were. The clerk said they are "Breakfast on the Go" for guests who don't have time to stay & eat. He said, "Help yourself. Take 2 if you like" so we did & made that our picnic lunch while we walked around the historic battlefield. The bagged breakfast had an apple, Otis Spunkmeyer blueberry muffin, Special K fruit crisp bar, bottled water & a small box of mints. Such a nice departure gift!

This place far exceeded our expectations. I can't emphasize enough the newness & cleanliness of the property. Over all this was like staying at a luxury hotel to us. If we are ever in that area again, we will definitely stay here if the need arises.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel are quieter. The rear of the bldg. backs up to the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Swoope, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had messed up my reservation but the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. Love the Hampton Inn breakfast! and the work out facilities so I can I still wear my clothes after those waffles. It was all great. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The room was top notch....couldn't have gotten a better room.
Pool was cold the full day we were there but it was heated (as advertised)
the day we arrived. Hot tub broken as well on our full day at the hotel.
But we had a whirlpool tub in our room so I got to use that (no time left
in schedule for family to use the room tub too). The shower in our bathroom
was a nice shower. And I LOVE having a sink NOT in the bathroom itself
when staying at a hotel. That way everyone gets to use the sink (making
coffee., washing kids' hands, etc.) if someone is using the bathroom.
I will go there again!

Room Tip: A little noisy from LOTS of truck traffic on I-81. My husband and I enjoy that but someone else may...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Virgina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

After suffering through two weeks of people working in our basement, we decided to take a break for a few days. The Shenandoah Valley has always been one of our favorite places. This time we chose Woodstock over our usual locations. Based on the reviews, the Hampton Inn seemed like the ideal hotel. We were not disappointed. The whole place smelled fresh and clean, even the guest information binder. The wet bar was an added plus. It had more counter space than in some of the full kitchen hotel rooms. Judging from the full parking lot, the hotel must have been near capacity. However, we never heard anyone in the halls or from adjoining rooms. We got there a bit early and our assigned room wasn't ready. Happily, the receptionist did manage to find one for us. All in all, an enjoyable stay at a lovely hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Woodstock, VA? Share your experiences!