“10 times better service than Holiday Inn next door” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Woodstock
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“10 times better service than Holiday Inn next door”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were kicked out of the Holiday Inn next door by KP because he "didn't like my attitude" after I caught him in a lie about there being no more non-smoking rooms. My wife and four year old were welcomed next door at the Hampton Inn and had a great stay. Dont waste your time or money with bad management at the Holiday Inn Express and go to the Hampton Inn first off instead.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back to Washington DC. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable, the decor warm and friendly, the staff knowledgeable and patient. I think we got a lot for what we paid for. We would definitely stay there again if we're ever in the area.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stopped here for two nights to visit Luray Caverns and do some hiking. We really liked this Hampton Inn and found it clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and the front-desk staff was very nice and helpful. Only drawback to my family was that the cookies promised at night always seemed to be gone when we stopped by -- oh, and the hottub was cold. Otherwise, it was a great and economical choice.

Cheektowaga, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My cousin was getting married in Virginia and this was the hotel where my family stayed. I really liked the Hampton Inn! The breakfast was delicious and the beds were really comfortable! The only reason why I didn't say excellent was because it is right next to the I-81 and sometimes you can hear the cars going by. But I would stay there again!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here twice during our recent travels down south. Once on the drive down and once upon our return. Each time we had a nice, clean room and a delicious breakfast with lots of choices. And the kids loved the cookies!

Yorktown, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We used our Hilton Honors points to get a room at the Woodstock Hampton Inn. Warm peanut butter cookies available as we checked in. Friendly front desk staff. Indoor pool was heated as described but spa was not hot, just bath water warm. Nice but small pool area. Their breakfast is where they shine. Scrambled eggs, and turkey sausage (yay, a healthy alternative), French toast strips, made to order waffles and oatmeal with All the fixings.
We needed a safety pin to keep our sons swim trunks from falling off and the desk clerk immediately knew where to get one, from a sewing kit.
I like that the ice and vending machines are behind closed doors to minimize noise.
Our family would definitely return again for a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We really enjoyed our overnight stay at Hampton Inn and Suites, Woodstock.
Upon arrival, there was ample parking and the front of the building was simply landscaped and kept up very nicely.
The young clerk, Adam, was friendly, accomodating and willing to supply us with a printout of a variety of local eateries and activities complete with coupons. When we asked for his suggestions he happily pointed out several establishments, explaining what was more upscale or casual.
I also noticed there was a small hotel "store" next to the check in desk that carried a nice variety of toiletries, snacks and other last minute items one might forget.
While my husband finished check in, I decided to look at the common area and breakfast room. The common room is nicely decorated and even has a fireplace with couches and chairs around it. The decor was very inviting, comfortable and spacious with extremely high ceilings.
Our room was very clean and the temperature was comfortable. Thankfully this Hampton seemed to favor a more reasonably sized pillow than the smaller ones I've seen in a lot of hotel rooms lately.
The room we stayed in (207) was faced away from the traffic. I point this out because while our stay was very quiet and pleasant, my husband heard a woman complaining in the morning that the traffic from I81 had kept her up all night.
There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room for your convienience. These were also in good working order.
They did a great job keeping the complimentary coffee and tea area stocked.
The shower worked great with good water pressure.
In the morning we did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. I wasn't that happy with the eggs or sausage gravy (very bland) but they did a great job of keeping everything stocked so there were bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, yogurt, fruit and cereal as an alternate choice.
I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the backside of the building, away from I-81 for a quiet night's sleep.