“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Maurertown, Virginia
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The atmosphere and service was exceptional. We started with French Onion Soup, which was delicious and just what was needed for a chilly, rainy evening. Followed by our salads and bread, and then Joe's Special Steak (I believe it was called) and baked sweet potato. The steak was a 10 oz. sirloin. I was very pleased with everything we were served, with the exception of the steak. It was presented very nicely, but it reminded me of a sirloin burger. This was our third visit and this one item was the only thing that I wasn't overly pleased with. I had the rib eye the last time and it was perfect. Our evening was overall very pleasant and we definitely will go back. The waitress was extremely pleasant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Bloomfield, New York
“Excellent filet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The reviews were excellent, and we were not disappointed. The menu said Joe's favorite steak is the rib-eye, but the waiter said the filet is even better. We believed the waiter, and were not disappointed. This is right on the main street. We sat in the window so we could look out on the nice town, but the rest of the dining room was nicely furnished.

Visited September 2013
Woodstock, Virginia, United States
“Hometown Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Had another of many meals in Joe's Steakhouse this evening and enjoyed it as I have all of my visits. The wait staff is always just a glance away and is there for you whatever you need. I look forward to every visit and have always been very satisfied with the meals I've ordered.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The service was excellent. The food was really good. I will be going there probably 100 more in the near future.

“excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Second visit to Joe's and it was just as good as the first. The decor is very attractive. The service staff very friendly and helpful. They were quite busy when we arrived, but we were seated promptly and had plenty of attention. Crab and shrimp appetizer was excellent. The steak - oh, the steak. We both ordered Joe's special 10 oz steak (cooked medium). It was very tender and very flavorful. I am generally not a steak fan and have steak only once or twice a year, but I am a fan of this steak. Delicious!

• Visited September 2013