“Best casual dining Mexican food in Woodbridge” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
DC
“Best casual dining Mexican food in Woodbridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Good food, large portions, lots of choices, very casual dining. Tex Mex type of food ... You wait in line to order then they bring the food out to you (they use number signs you put at the end of the table).

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

newport news, va
“Great Rotisserie Chicken ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

One of my many visits here since 2008 and never disappointed. Chicken is what I normally order but everything is good.

Richmond, Virginia
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

In the middle of an area with SO many restaurants, right next to Potomac Mills, is this gem! You go to the counter, and order and go find a seat. The nicest, sweet waitress brought our food in a few minutes. FAST food, much nicer than fast food seating....real silverware....helped myself to condiments....interesting mixture of service and self-service....cashier was being trained, but we were attended to immediately, cheerfully. The menu was all overhead, behind the counter, nicer color pictures, with descriptions. This is important, as I am not always sure what I'm ordering. My daughter got a beef chimichanga, and I got a half of rottisserie chicken. Two sides came with each, and everything was wonderful! Full plates of food, but not huge overload. Really excellent chicken, moist, spicy, not too salty. Salad was chopped, which I like. House dressing was delicious, interesting....ranch was available too. Both meals totalled less than $20. There were several combo plates, that included drinks. I HATE paying a decent price for a meal, then $2-$3 for a drink. Daughter was celebrating, so I got her a piece of tres leches cake....it was absolutely divine....this place is a great combination of fast food, nicer atmosphere, get a lunch, get a dinner....kids would find happy choices, tacos and such....my low-carb need was met (chicken and double salad) and picky daughter could chose from several Mexican bottled soft drinks.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
herndon, va
“yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

unassuming, clean, great service and the quality of the food rivals finer mexican restaurants. their home made sauces are awesome for dipping Peruvian spiced chicken as well. we ordered their chicken enchiladas and tacos...great flavor without being completely covered by cheese like other places...flavor stands for itself.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Not a fan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

In reading all of the other reviews of Guapos, I am tempted to try this restaurant again. However, my first time did not leave me a fan.

We ate at Guapos for lunch on a Saturday. My friend and I both ordered the chicken tacos in flour tortillas. In reading description on the menu, I thought that I would love this dish. Where it fell apart was that they came with a sauce already on the taco. Unfortunately, I did not like this sauce and it was applied such that I couldn't scrape it off. I tried to pick at my food as I was hungry but the sauce was so pervasive. When my friend's order arrived hers looked different even though we ordered the same thing.

The chips and pico de gallo was good but this is the only thing that saved my meal. Of course, I would have preferred more pico.

• Visited August 2013