“Nice hotel, nice room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
GLEN ALLEN
“Nice hotel, nice room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group for a wedding, and what a nice room! I opted for the King Suite ($10 more, worth it) and got a bedroom with a king bed, a bathroom, a living room with a fold out double sofa bed, and a small kitchenette with a sink, refrigerator, microwave. I've lived in studio apartments that were not as big as this suite!

It was a very comfortable room and bed, with good air control, and little to no noise. Breakfast was included, and was very good, and the internet service in the lobby was good as well. They also had a fire going in the lobby when we returned from our event, which allowed us to comfortably hang out and continue to socialize after the event was over.

Nice property, and I would stay here again if I'm ever in Woodbridge again, and I would also stay at other Country Inns in other cities as my travel takes me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Samridhi S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We always look forward to hearing our guest's feedback and tremendously appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such an outstanding flattering review! I am more than thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experiences during your time at our hotel!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we sincerely thank you for visiting us and are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Best Regards and I hope you have a wonderful week,

Rebecca Anderson
Front Office Manager/Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Spotless room and bathroom, very comfortable mattress. The free breakfast was simple but good and was different every day. The location is convenient to I95. There are lots of restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Samridhi S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time out to provide us with such an outstanding flattering review! It was a true pleasure to serve you and be able to have you as our guest!

On behalf of the entire staff at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we thank you immensely for visiting us and we are looking forward to seeing you again when your future endeavors bring you back to our area!

Warm Regards and I hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Rebecca Anderson
Front Office Manager/Sales Coordinator
Fairfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My family was in town for a funeral and all 5 of us stayed in one suite. Hotel was clean, free wifi, free cookies, and free breakfast. GREAT breakfast staff! Front desk was awesome when my parents got in 5 hours before check in time and they went ahead and made sure the room was ready. Only downside was the pullout sofa bed - just needs replaced. All in all would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca A, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we truly thank you for staying with us, it was a real delight to have you and your family as our guests.

I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experiences during your time at our hotel! Thank you for all of your positive comments, we sincerely appreciate your feedback!

I greatly apologize for the pull out sofa being unsatisfactory and hope it did not impact your stay too negatively. I assure you we will use your input to fine tune our operations and better serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you again and upon your next visit more than exceeding your expectations!

Thank you and I hope you have a great week,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for three nights and had an enjoyable stay. We got a whirlpool room which was nice and enjoyed the hot breakfast especially the waffles. The only negatives were that I noticed some black specs of something in some of the ice cubes from the ice machine on the third floor. Also, I had to input the Wifi password numerous times a day which got kind of annoying. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experiences during your time at our hotel! Thank you for your positive comments and we greatly appreciate your feedback!!

I sincerely apologize for the annoying inconveniences of having to re-enter the wifi password, usually it allows our guest's to save the password. We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit and exceeding your expectations!

Warm Regards,
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Clean rooms. Comfortable bed. Stores are walking distance. Wifi has good connection. The highway is less than a minute away. They take clc lodging also. If I'm ever in the area, I will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We always look forward to hearing our guest's feedback and greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such an outstanding review! I am more than pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience during your time at our hotel!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we thank you for visiting us and are looking forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our area!

Thank you and I hope your having a great day,
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

First Impression....
I’d never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites before, and I have to say I was impressed. The reviews on Tripadvisor are true. If you’re a Hilton type person, it is very comparable to a Hampton Inn with the free breakfast, etc….. But, Country Inn & Suites does it a little better. It was a little cleaner than typical Hamptons, the food was a little better, the pool was a little nicer, the rooms were a little more comfortable, and the cookies were a little more plentiful. And the kicker, the price was a little cheaper! One thing that I thought was very impressive and something I’d never seen before…..they posted the pool chemical measurements taken the day of our visit. What a relief it is to know the pool you’re swimming in has actually been checked and they aren’t afraid to show you the numbers. Crystal Clear water! We wanted a spot south of DC to avoid the traffic the next morning, and this hotel was the perfect fit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such positive and very flattering feedback! I am beyond thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience during your time at our hotel!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we thank you for visiting us and are looking forward to seeing you again when your endeavors bring you back to our area!

Thank you again and I hope you have an amazing week,
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed 08/11/13 - 08/14/13
If you want to stay outside of the city but not out of reach, the Country Inn & Suites in Woodbridge is a great choice. You can drive into the city (about 45 mins) & park for around $25/day or you can drive to nearest Metro station (Franconia/Springfield) & park for about $5/day. The ride from there to Metro Center will cost about $5/person (one way) off-peak (add another buck or so for peak times).
Room was very clean, including a microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Comfy beds, plenty of pillows, a/c worked wonderfully, plenty of lighting and storage...very pleased with the room.
Breakfast was great in the morning! Daily offerings were waffles, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, danish, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, muffins, several cereals, & milk/juices/coffee. Also they offer a "changing" item...first day was eggs & bacon, second was a breakfast burrito station...very nice. *Note* If you're taking breakfast back to your room, don't forget to take the tray that your ice bucket/cups are placed on in your room...you'll need this to carry your items unless you are skilled in the art of elevator food transport.
WiFi was free & with good signal & ample speed. Pool area was good...not too large, but ample for the kids. Jacuzzi was OK the first night, however the timer didn't work...just kept running...which was not a problem for me & my back. Unfortunately the second night it just didn't work at all. Housekeeping did a good job, however they never did get the clue that there were 4 of us in the room as we had to call for another towel each night we were there.
Plenty of restaurants, gas stations, and the like all around. Not really a "view" from anywhere in the hotel...but we weren't there for the view.
We left a pair of shorts in the room & the hotel was quick to locate & ship back to us...not the way that I requested & much more expensive than I was told it would be, but quick all the same.
My check-in experience was one that I would rather not go through again. Upon arrival (about 9:30pm) I walked in to find there was no one at the desk. Saw the camera & thought perhaps someone sits in the office monitoring said camera & comes out when someone arrives; so I waited. Ten minutes later, still no one. I proceeded to call the hotel, at which time I listened to the phone ring in the office, behind the closed door, 10 times before I hung up...still no one...hmm. I knocked on the counter...still nothing. All in all about 15 minutes before a young lady came out & very hurriedly checked me in. When we got to the room we noticed that we had only been given 3 towels even though we had booked the room for 4. I called down to the desk to ask how I might go about getting a 4th only to have the phone ring several times without an answer....hung up & called back...on the 9th ring the second time calling I was instructed by the same young lady that I could come to the office to get another, which was fine, if the customer service had been up to par to that point. We didn't see that young lady the remainder of our stay & must say that the rest of the staff were courteous & helpful.

When we're in the area, & if we wish to stay outside of the city again, we will choose this hotel.

Green Features: They use real dishes & silverware...paper is available if carrying out.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to provide us with your outstanding feedback! We are honored to hear what an amazing experience you had during your visit here with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge.

I greatly apologize for the experience(s) you described in your posting; the waiting. It is a true delight knowing we were are able to ensure your "almost" complete satisfaction with accommodating all of your needs with our hotel's amenities and the service from our staff. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on many future visits.

Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend,