“Great place to stay outside the city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Salisbury, Maryland
“Great place to stay outside the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed 08/11/13 - 08/14/13
If you want to stay outside of the city but not out of reach, the Country Inn & Suites in Woodbridge is a great choice. You can drive into the city (about 45 mins) & park for around $25/day or you can drive to nearest Metro station (Franconia/Springfield) & park for about $5/day. The ride from there to Metro Center will cost about $5/person (one way) off-peak (add another buck or so for peak times).
Room was very clean, including a microwave, coffee maker, & refrigerator. Comfy beds, plenty of pillows, a/c worked wonderfully, plenty of lighting and storage...very pleased with the room.
Breakfast was great in the morning! Daily offerings were waffles, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, danish, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, muffins, several cereals, & milk/juices/coffee. Also they offer a "changing" item...first day was eggs & bacon, second was a breakfast burrito station...very nice. *Note* If you're taking breakfast back to your room, don't forget to take the tray that your ice bucket/cups are placed on in your room...you'll need this to carry your items unless you are skilled in the art of elevator food transport.
WiFi was free & with good signal & ample speed. Pool area was good...not too large, but ample for the kids. Jacuzzi was OK the first night, however the timer didn't work...just kept running...which was not a problem for me & my back. Unfortunately the second night it just didn't work at all. Housekeeping did a good job, however they never did get the clue that there were 4 of us in the room as we had to call for another towel each night we were there.
Plenty of restaurants, gas stations, and the like all around. Not really a "view" from anywhere in the hotel...but we weren't there for the view.
We left a pair of shorts in the room & the hotel was quick to locate & ship back to us...not the way that I requested & much more expensive than I was told it would be, but quick all the same.
My check-in experience was one that I would rather not go through again. Upon arrival (about 9:30pm) I walked in to find there was no one at the desk. Saw the camera & thought perhaps someone sits in the office monitoring said camera & comes out when someone arrives; so I waited. Ten minutes later, still no one. I proceeded to call the hotel, at which time I listened to the phone ring in the office, behind the closed door, 10 times before I hung up...still no one...hmm. I knocked on the counter...still nothing. All in all about 15 minutes before a young lady came out & very hurriedly checked me in. When we got to the room we noticed that we had only been given 3 towels even though we had booked the room for 4. I called down to the desk to ask how I might go about getting a 4th only to have the phone ring several times without an answer....hung up & called back...on the 9th ring the second time calling I was instructed by the same young lady that I could come to the office to get another, which was fine, if the customer service had been up to par to that point. We didn't see that young lady the remainder of our stay & must say that the rest of the staff were courteous & helpful.

When we're in the area, & if we wish to stay outside of the city again, we will choose this hotel.

Green Features: They use real dishes & silverware...paper is available if carrying out.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to provide us with your outstanding feedback! We are honored to hear what an amazing experience you had during your visit here with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge.

I greatly apologize for the experience(s) you described in your posting; the waiting. It is a true delight knowing we were are able to ensure your "almost" complete satisfaction with accommodating all of your needs with our hotel's amenities and the service from our staff. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on many future visits.

Thank you and I hope you have a great weekend,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel was one of the best hotels i have stayed at the rooms were very modern and clean. They had a great hot breakfast with different choices every day. The check in and out process was great and quick . The pool was heated and good size with great hours open til 12 am . Hotel staff was excellent. The location was great hidden off main road so no noise but convinent to shopping and stores.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your outstanding feedback! We are honored to hear what an amazing experience you had during your stay here with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge.

It is a true delight knowing we were able to ensure your complete satisfaction with accommodating all of your needs with our hotel's amenities and the service from our staff. It was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you on many future visits.

Thank you again and I hope your having a great week,
Lawrenceville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Big, clean room, indoor pool, hot tub, free WiFi and breakfast, great service! We only stayed here for one night on a driving trip, but it was a great stay. Whenever I travel Country Inn & Suites is the hotel I watch for because they are consistently good and very clean. This hotel was no exception. If I go through that way again I will definitely stay there again. Only problem I had was finding my way into the parking lot and the very load bar right next door. Must have been bike night because there was a lot of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel - there should be less bar noise there.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we greatly thank you for your recent visit with us. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide a service that ensured your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your great comments and we greatly appreciate your feedback!!

I sincerely apologize for any/all disturbances caused by Smokey Bones that effected your experience here with us. We do look forward to your next visit and exceeding your expectations!

Best Wishes
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this country inns and suites July19 and checked out Monday July22,2013. Really enjoyed our stay.Although it was about 30 minutes to Dc we had a great time.The variety of breakfast items was great. ALL the staff I came in contact with were pleasant. The location was wonderful for our daily tracks into washington and our daily shopping trips to Potamac Mills to shop.The suite was clean and spacious.The only thing I suggest would be a chair to sit in in the laundry room and more ventilation in the laundry room.(Don't like to travel with dirty clothes).Also my 17 year old son loved the weight room also,although he said it was warm in there also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge and I would like to greatly thank you for taking the time to provide us with an awesome review!

We truly appreciate the feedback of you and your family's experience during your stay and would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to future visits and the opportunity to exceed everyone's expectations.

Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have stayed at country inn and suites several times, this was our first time here. Staff was very nice and pleasant. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The pool water was warm and crystal clear, very clean water in pool and hot tub. The breakfast was good, plenty to eat.
There are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. We ate at smokey bones right next door, it was not that good. We would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge we are more than thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time here at our hotel.

We thank you for taking the time out to provide us with your feedback on top of giving us such an amazing review, it is truly greatly appreciated!!

We look forward to future visits and seeing you more when your endeavours or maybe the cookies bring you back to the area.

Best Wishes,
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night, during a quick trip to Ikea (which is less than one mile from the hotel, along with Potomac Mills). We checked in after 9:00 pm and left the next morning, so not a whole lot of waking time spend here. Check in very fast and courteous, room on fourth floor facing front was very clean. As others have noted, the dreaded dumpster was emptied around 6:00 a.m., which is a shame that happens so early near a hotel--seems they could work something out with the waste management company for a later pick up. There was other, minor, outside noise noticeable, but nothing earplugs didn't solve. Breakfast was very good, all one would want as far as we were concerned. Location is great if going to Potomac Mills, Ikea, and very close to I-95. We will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe less noise if room is on back of building, but not sure.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I would like to greatly thank you for your recent visit to Country Inn & Suites -Woodbridge. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us overall and I can not apologize enough for the early morning dumpster disturbance. I assure you we are doing what we can to address the issue and ensure our guest's complete satisfaction.

We appreciate the feedback of your experience and would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is surprisingly quiet even though it is very close to a major street. The carpet and couch are a bit dated but clean. I'm giving this hotel a 4 instead of a 5 only because of the previous statement, rooms could use a little update. Front desk, breakfast, and cleaning staff are terrific. I've stayed at a Country Inn & Suites during a visit in Panama before so I chose this hotel during this 9-day trip, not at all disappointed. I will definitely look for this chain again for my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Domonic F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge, responded to this review, July 20, 2013

I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide a service that ensured your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your great comments; our guest's are our first priority here at the Country Inn & Suites, Woodbridge.

We appreciate the feedback of your positive experience and would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest. We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Woodbridge? Share your experiences!