“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 238 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Lorton, Virginia
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I like everything about this restaurant except for the paper table covers. The service, food, drinks are 5 star, but the paper drags it down a notch. The fish is fresh, the lobster is to die for, and the Cucumber Cosmo in a frozen glass is quite refreshing. It is always a treat to eat there, starting from the friendly greeter to the personable, attentive and prompt servers, the house salad, entrée and finishing with key lime pie. But, they should get rid of the table coverings, and I'll give them another star.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disastrous Service - Difficult to Enjoy the Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

It was a date night. When we arrived, although most tables were empty, we were told that the kitchen was backed up a full hour (similar to the "kitchen is slammed" that another reviewer was told when he arrived at the nearly empty restaurant). We waited in the bar, and the bartender was good. Then our buzzer went off and we were seated. But no waiter ever came to our table. We waited and waited. I was about to go visit the front desk. Finally, a waiter happened to walk by our table, which was in an empty section, and we asked him to get our waiter. He said that he would help us. We ordered salads and entrees. Also, we asked to have the bright lights shining on the blue wall next to us turned down. After another long wait, the entrees arrived first, then the salads arrived a couple of minutes later. It was really shocking. We hardly touched our salads, and they were wasted. The lights were never dimmed. After requesting several times that they be dimmed, we asked if it was actually possible to dim them, and we were told that they could not be dimmed without dimming all of the lights in the "store." If we had been told this after our first request, we could have moved to one of the many empty tables without harsh lighting. The food was fine (the only reason Bonefish in Woodbridge/Potomac Mills gets two stars instead of one). But the service was such a disaster that the food was difficult to enjoy, and quickly forgotten. It was an expensive meal, and really just an ordeal.

Visited June 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Bonefish Bonefide Worst!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My first and last visit to this restaurant occurred on Monday, 28 July. Maybe it was just an off day, but with so many great restaurants in the area to chose from, there is no reason to give this restaurant another chance. Our waiter was far too cocky for his own good, and came close to being rude. He recommended the grilled dynamite wild salmon with Asian-style broccoli and jasmine rice, then acted like Gordan Ramsay when I had the audacity to request other sides. The poor salmon was over cooked, dry, and under seasoned. The crab topping was brown and completely tasteless. The broccoli was undercooked and had no seasoning whatsoever on it. The jasmine rice was horrible. When I asked why the broccoli was not seasoned even with a little salt and was certainly not Asian, Chef Ramsay brought me a new plate of tasteless broccoli with some sweet and sour sauce poured on top. I have never disliked a restaurant before as much as this one. The food was almost indelible, the interior was so dark at lunch time we almost could not see our food and...hey, wait a minute! That's the shtick! They don't WANT you to see your food! They clearly don't care if you taste it or not either!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California
“Best Shrimp Tacos ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Yep those Shrimp Tacos were top! I thought they served way to much Cole slaw with them which I didn't care for because it was almost flavorless, so if I visit again, I will probably order french fries

Visited July 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Kitchen is slammed? Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We arrived close to 7pm and were told it would be a 20 min.wait before being seated (there was plenty of seating) because the kitchen was slammed and needed to catch up. Having worked in the food industry, I understood this but was then totally put on guard when we were informed we could sit in the "bar area" and order our dinner from the bar tables.
We sat down and a waitress came up and cleaned our area and gave us menus. We ordered a bottle of prosecco and our dinners, but as I watched the restaurant, it did not appear to be slammed but it looked like they needed to "guide" patrons into the bar to kind of fill it up for the wait staff to get some business before they seated folks in the dining area.
The service wasn't bad, but my expectations for this place must have been too high for them to meet....the food did not impress.
Would I go there again? Don't know. Having to sit in the bar area next to other folks to have dinner is not my idea of having "dinner"

• Visited July 2014