“Nice Place to party” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This Restaurant is CLOSED. Coming in Spring 2014 is The Landing Restaurant and Waterfront Bar. Follow us on Facebook, or google us!
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice Place to party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have good music and decent food. Its been a while since I went and wrote this review. But its a nice place to go for a Fri or Sat night. They used to have comedians there...but that was old management.

Visited May 2012

Woodbridge
“Just to clear up a few things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I've been reading the reviews about Waters Edge and just wanted to make a note about some of the recent negative comments:

They are no longer adding gratuity to every check. The new policy is that an 18% gratuity will be added to parties of 8 or more and only if they are not separate checks.

Just so everyone knows, if gratuity is added you have the right to decline it. No establishment can legally force a patron to pay gratuity.

The place is under new management and they are trying to fix the issues. It isn't going to change overnight but they are definitely making an effort.

• Visited December 2012
Leander
“Nice views, bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We wanted seafood near Lorton so we tried Waters Edge. Located on the river next to a cement plant, we didn't expect nice views, but the fall foliage view was great out on the open deck. The atmosphere is more like a huge bar than a restaurant, but it wasn't too noisy at 6:15 on Friday night, though more smokey than we would have preferred with our small grandchildren.

We started with a delicious calamari appetizer. Our party had catfish plates and the $16.95 all you can eat crab specials. The crabs were flavorful and delicious, but served with no sides. My husband and son had the catfish and did not like the thick runny pieces they were served, but did enjoy their onion rings. They prefer the thinner, crispier, Southern style catfish. We were able to get a second helping of crabs, but as we were checking out shortly after 7PM the waitress said they had run out of crab, so ask before you order.

We may visit again, but would only do so without small children for lunch or early evening as it seems that the volume of the music definitely increased at 7PM. They only have 3 high chairs and 2 had broken lap belts. We also did not care for the wine, beer and drinks being served in solo cups. The parking lot does not have a lot of light after dark so be observant when you park.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Waters Edge has started to automatically add an 18% gratuity for bills over $50.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I normally tip 25-35% for good food and service. This automatically added 18% tip for bills over $50 is apparently a new marketing concept. I understand this may be necessary for large parties of 6-8 or more, but certainly not on any monetary amount. We enjoyed this place the first 3 times we went there, but no more. I don't wish to be, or ever have been told, what to tip in any other place but here. A very poor management decision.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dumfries, Virginia
“Rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I ate there tonight and the food was average. The problem was before and after. We seated ourselves and after waiting for 15 mins. with no one coming to our table, I went to the bartender and asked if we could have some service. She said she would get us a waitress and finally one showed up 10 more mins. later so that's 25 mins before we get a menu. We then were told that it wasn't her area and that another person would be over to take our orders. Guess what? It was another 10 mins before our waitress showed up to take our orders. The food then took 30 mins. to get there and part of the order was wrong. After eating I gave her my card to pay the bill and she brought it back and walked away. I checked the ticket and to my amaze for a $30.00 bill, they had automatically added in a 18% gratuity without letting us know. After going up to the manager and waitress and questioning them about it, they told me it was on the menu and on a sign when you first walk into the place. Well the manager showed it to me and the waitress cause she couldn't find it on the menu and neither could I and it says " Orders subject to 18% gratuity" She then says well that is confusing isn't it. I said yea subject to what. Then I read there sign out front and it says orders over $50.00 subject to 18% gratuity. So what is it then. Bottom line is you are not giving a chance to tip on your own based on the service you get but they crookedly charge you and don't tell you about it. Most people probably don't even look at this on their bill and give them an additional tip. What a rip-off this low life place is.

• Visited September 2012