“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: This Restaurant is CLOSED. Coming in Spring 2014 is The Landing Restaurant and Waterfront Bar. Follow us on Facebook, or google us!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Found this place on Yelp and it was highly rated. Guess I should have checked to see WHO was rating it highly. Very disappointed, but we got a good laugh out of it and made the most of it. First thing that put me off was sticky floors, followed by the smell of stale smoke coming from the smoking area. Maybe it wasn't the place to order wine, but I did so and it was served in a plastic cup. I had to ask for a glass. Food was below average. Service was OK. We got the biggest kick when we left and saw the security people setting up for the evening. Obviously we are not the right clientele for this place. Probably won't go back, unless for a drink on the deck with friends.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“More servers needed ASAP”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

They have really good smoked chicken, BBQ and brisket on the weekends. We had intended to go for crab, but price too steep. Maybe some other time. We enjoyed the outdoor deck, the breeze, the sun, the acoustic music on Sunday. Thankfully, it was not too crowded, but even so, we only noticed TWO servers the entire time we were there. Our server was GREAT, and he seemed really thankful for the tip we gave him. We read all the recent BAD reviews. I can believe them. It is an oven inside when there is no cross breeze. This place could be SO MUCH BETTER. And I hope they make the effort.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We went for my daughters birthday and tried to reserve space, but was told they didn't take reservations. We showed up with about 20-25 people and they had 2 servers. They took all orders - appetizers and dinner orders - one dinner order and one appetizer came out and about 30 minutes later maybe 2 dinners came out, all in all, it took us 2 hours to get the food and 3 of us never even got our food. I will never go there again and will not recommend it to anyone!!
All they gave us to make up for our troubles was a drink for everyone - half of us did not drink alchohol- so we got nothing!!!! they didn't take anything off our bill for the horrible service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northern VA
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We met some friends here for dinner, there were four of us total. None of had ever been, and will never go again. Our waitress took our appetizer and drink order and it took 45 minutes to get our food. She never came back to take our dinner order. That should have been our first sign. Finally, she came back and we ordered our dinners after finishing our appetizers. The food was too expensive for what it was. My husband got sick eating the fish and chips dinner. I could hardly touch any of it. We never got refills on our stale beer and fountain beverages. Because the doors were open and because of poor ventilation with the enclosed smoking lounge, the air smells of cigarette smoke. There are signs posted everywhere saying that there would be a 20% gratuity charge on walkouts. As it turns out, it happens a lot, as we overheard the waitresses talking about it. It was really warm inside, despite the fan blowing on us. It took almost 2 and 1/2 hours to order, eat, and pay. None of us were happy with the experience and will never go again. This is definitely a bar, and not a restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dale City, Virginia, United States
“Definitely not the Place to Go for a Nice Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had heard this place advertised on the radio many times and decided to give it a try. When my family and I entered the restaurant, the first words out of the hostess’ mouth were “There are no seats outside,” not “Welcome to…” We opted for an inside booth. We were stuck in a corner in the dark next to the bar with no sight of the awesome view this establishment is supposedly famous for. The service and food quality were poor as well. My husband ordered New York Strip steak and was told they were out. Next he opted for prime rib and was told they were out. He then asked for filet mignon and was told they were out as well. He ended up with fish and chips. When my salmon arrived, it was good; however, the mashed potatoes and broccoli sides were cold- as if they’d just been taken out of the refrigerator instead of taken off the stove. I didn’t return them because it took so long to get our dinner that I didn’t know when I would see my food again. When it was time to leave, we asked for a box for the leftovers. We didn’t see our server again for a good ten minutes. When we did, she walked right past us to flirt with a male customer/friend sitting near us. When she came by again, we asked for a box and the check. It took another ten minutes to get it.

• Visited May 2012