“Best Alabama BBQ in the Washington, D.C. Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dixie Bones Inc.

Dixie Bones Inc.
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Alabama BBQ in the Washington, D.C. Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hands down the best. No watery boiled in sauce junk. Alabama does only one thing right and that is BBQ, ribs, catfish. This style rib is smoked beautifully and then sauced lightly. Comes off the bone and always fresh. My go-to for birthdays with my very best friends. Fab sides potato salad, cole slaw, greens. All rock. And somehow the best coca cola ever. And pie for desert. My fav chocolate pudding.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dixie Bones Never Fails Us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We keep going back for the great meals and are never disappointed. Took some friends who had not been there before and they loved it. My favorite is the pulled chicken on baked potato with the white sauce. Others enjoyed pulled pork sandwiches. Great for take out as well - I often stop and bring home a pound of meat when I am in the neighborhood. Decor is basic (well it is a que place after all), service friendly and my husband loves the choice of beers.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Trip Advisor Magic Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I had a free evening to ourselves, and we're looking for something close, but new. Based on the excellent reviews, we visited and were not disappointed. My wife had the pulled chicken and I had the ribs-both outstanding. I usually don't eat dessert, but ordered the coconut pie to go. OMG-the best pie ever! We can't wait to go back again with our daughter. Thanks to TA for another new discovery

Visited June 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Happy and stuffed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

That's pretty much how you leave this place. I get the Brisket my wife gets the Pork, the in-laws get the chicken and catfish. They do everything well.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

So far this is my 5th visit to Dixie Bones and everything from barbecue chicken to the pork shoulder has is seasoned very well and has you coming back for more. Even the potatoe salad which I'm very picky about is very very good. They give you more than enough almost two plates worth for one price. If you like soul food then is definitely the place go visit!

• Visited May 2014