“Very Pleased with My Stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
“Very Pleased with My Stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Because we were using the AutoTrain for a trip to Florida we decided to make a reservation here for the night before. We had a pleasant stay. The hotel was very clean and the staff courteous. The location is excellent. The hotel is within several blocks of Potomac Mills and their were too many restaurants and stores to ever list!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2009
Dear Traveler460,

Thank you for your time and consideration in reviewing our hotel. Your kind words & thoughtfulness will be passed on to the whole staff and we hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Kimberly, Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Express
Woodbridge, Virginia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

If you can call a dance competition a business trip...All I can say is that I was in charge in booking rooms for our dance competition group and Kim my contact person was wonderful! She made booking our rooms very easy and even though our competition weekend got a little shortened the HIE was very kind in accommodating us! The hotel was clean, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, the girls had a great time in the pool and for breakfast there were numerous choices. You did not leave hungry! All of the staff I dealt with were extremely nice! Everyone I spoke with about their rooms said the same! Thank you HIE for making our weekend in Woodbridge wonderful! DNJ Dance Mom

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
nuria_scoggins, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that the girls had such a great time! We enjoyed having you at our property and we hope to see you again soon!

-- Kimberly
Assistant Sales Manager
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

The hotel is in a perfect location. Just off 95. Close to the Potomac mills mall and all kinds of restaurants. The breakfast in the morning was great. The pool was clean and open late.
The front desk girls are always willing to help. I will stop here again on my way home. Very convinient to travel to Washinghton DC.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Thank you so much for taking the time to review of hotel. Your time is very much appreciate it.
We hope to see you again at our stablishment.

Holiday Inn Express, Woodbridge Va
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

This hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly, curteous and very helpful. The kids loved the indoor pool. The breakfast was certainly better than most hotel's bagels and toast. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy in addition to the usual continental items. Not having to buy breakfast certainly made this an economical place to stay. It is also just a short drive up the interstate to a metro station. We took the metro into Washington DC everyday and did not have to worry about the traffic which is horrendous. It is also close to a number of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Dear: ohiotraveler9, thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review about our property, we value the time you took to do this and we hope to see you again.

Holiday Inn Express, Woodbridge Va
Va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Woodbridge, VA and had the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I filed a complaint with the corporate office the day after for the roaches I saw in the room, and the terrible heater they had in the room as well. As with everything else, the corporate office was very nice and even gave me 25,000 points for my trouble. So far so good right? That's what I thought to....I received a call on my cell from a "private number" the next day and it was somone from the holiday inn express woodbridge doing a "courtesy call". The lady that called me was not only accusatory, implying that I brought the roaches in myself, but had a very hostile tone the whole call. Now, I have 150,000 priority club points, and stay at Holiday Inn brands all the time, and this if the first real issue I have had, so I recommend them to everybody usually. Do yourself a favor though, and stay away from Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge, VA.

• Liked — The tile in the elevator
  • Disliked — Roaches, and the very rude staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kobe-7, owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
We are disputing the this review from this guest and the
reasons why we are disputing this case are as follows:
Please review the following timeline:

In regards to his concerns, we find no merit to his accusations of the roaches/bugs and the heating system not working adquately. Based on nature of the complaint and how it was addressed we feel this plants a
cloud of doubt over the true events of the situation. We find it very hard
to believe that if a guest were to find bugs and/or insects in thier room
that they would wait to contact either the front desk or Guest Relations to
address the sitution. By waiting until after the fact he has made it difficult for us to believe his claims. Additionally, we are
disappointed that he did not contact us directly so that we may have
resolved this issue more resourcefully. One would think that with the guest's experience with, and obvious loyalty to IHG, he would have wanted
a more timely resolution to this situation.
The room that he was checked into was room #303. This room has no
complaint record for bugs, insects or the like. Additionally, he
claimed that the heating unit in his room was also not working properly.
These units are controlled individually by each guest. There is a thermostat that turns for heat, fan or cool, all of which can be controlled by each's guest's personal preferences. This room has been rented nearly every night for over a month. If his claims were correct in any way, we are
sure these problems would have been experienced by any of the previous
guests that have stayed in this same room. We have a list showing the room rental for the past month in history. We are filing this dispute on the grounds that the guest's complaints cannot be proved, nor is there any evidence of such problems by previous
guests for any of our rooms.

Please remove review, as it is not accurate, and it is someone that has a personal problem with the hotel and staff.
Ownership
Assonet, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

This hotel was in a very busy area but away from the highway. It was very quiet during the evening. The decor of the room was pretty, and the room was spacious for a standard hotel room. There was one easy chair and a desk with a chair. The room also had a dorm-sized refrigerator and a microwave. There were 2 double beds, but the mattresses were not as comfortable as other places that we have stayed. There is a breakfast provided at this location, but it was not as good as other Holiday Inn Express locations. The breakfast room was large but did not have a lot of tables. It was also very sunny and hot in the room because there were no blinds on the windows.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

This is a fairly new hotel. It should be in prime condition, and would be if it hadn't been built so poorly. ALL of the floors squeak, loudly. You can hear EVERY WORD from people on the floor above. And it is so disgusting to be in the bedroom and actually be able to hear people urinating upstairs. I noticed this noise problem right away and asked to be switched to a room on the top floor - there were only about 20 rooms occupied in the hotel. They said that I could not switch because I had entered the room, but that if I wanted to pack up everything in the morning and come downstairs before the maids cleaned the room they would see if they could move me to the top floor. I explained that I hadn't even sat down on the bed yet, but, apparently, "the rules are the rules". How are you supposed to KNOW if something is WRONG with your room if you aren't even allowed to ENTER it????

I tried repeatedly to call the front desk in the morning to do rapid checkout. No one ever answered the phone. I assumed they must be quite busy and just stopped by to check out. They weren't busy; they were all in the dining room chatting - and ignoring the phones.

• Liked — Bed was pretty comfy
  • Disliked — Noisy, noisy, noisy!!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!