“Short stay, no problem ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Short stay, no problem ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The 2 bedroom was HUGE. Price was fine. Breakfast was great except the eggs (yuck). Free parking and noon checkout were a plus.

My own personal con... The beds were too soft. I've stayed at other HI and all the beds are extremely soft.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear TSR108,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our hotel. Thank you for informing us about any issues you had during your stay, and be assured that we look into all guest issues. Thank you for the positive things you mentioned in your post as well. We hope that you choose to stay with us again soon!
Kelly Rodak, Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lorain, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I read a few negative reviews that made me wonder, but I was pleasantly surprised. There was a wedding party staying at this hotel and it is in a very busy location near Potomac Mills so I was concerned about noise. Our king room was on the third floor. We slept like babies and didn't hear much of anything until housekeeping came around the next morning at 10 am. Our tub surround had a few imperfections from aging, but it was clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear ClassyK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We also would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, even after you had read a few negative reviews. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay with us again, as we love to have guests return for future visits. If there is anything else we can do to improve your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for the positive review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

stayed for one night stop with the family .

clean & comfy room.

very good location for the nearby outlet shoopers.

breakfest was classic holiday inn , the only downside its the use of plastice plates and cuttlery.

gives you a cheap feeling of scouts camp.... beside this , This hotel is a good value for money

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Lior B.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We enjoy hearing when our guests enjoyed their stay. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your experience at our hotel, and we hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future!
Delmar, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed with my brother this past weekend. It was reward night and one of the most terrible nasty property ever I visited, The room furniture were stained, the front desk was nasty and unhelpful, old guy can't evan stand up from his chair or greet or recognize reward member or check in guest, seems busy with his personal laptop and I found hair from my first room upon the check in and I got told by front desk guy to come downstair and get the key for another room !!! I mean for real no sorry no apologies and same thing I found in second room of course I was tired and want sleep so I went to the desk and ask for another sheets so I can make my bed and I have to make my own bed, poor me ! air conditions doesn't works in the hallways, smells smoke all over the hallways seems really poor and check the pictures I have attached found mold on shower head and really dirty grout, I am sure room was never cleaned before, Definitely not worth a night! Only upside was breakfast.
I will never suggest this property to anyone intact this is not we expect from IHG

Stayed July 2014
Dear Henidh S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback in order to create a better experience for our guests. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I also would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction you had with our staff and the hotel. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you; holidayinnwoodbridge@comcast.net or 703-576-1600.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Staff was pleasant, check-in was efficient, and I received a free upgrade with by AAA card. The breakfast was good too. One of the better places to stay, and I will return on future occasions. They do not allow pets here, so we kept out cat in the car overnight, no problems.

Room Tip: Hotel has 4 floors, we stayed on the 3rd. Very little noise from above, and only noticeable in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear John T.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all guest feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also look forward to you visiting us again!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The beds were a little small here and we sort of rolled to the middle, but the bathrooms were big and clean and the breakfast was very good too. The kids loved the pool. Great location near restaurants, mostly chain though, and gas stations.....a little far from DC.We will stay closer next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Summervacation27,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are about 25 miles from Washington DC, however if you come to the area again, we would be happy to help you find attractions that are close to us, such as Mt. Vernon and Old Town Manassas. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and thank you again for your review!

sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Arrived at 1am after driving from DC, as all hotels in DC & airport were fully booked. Parking was amazingly full, so I had to park far away. Check in was fast and when arrived at room I just felt in bed as I was really tired.
Cleaning though I could realize was not 100% as I could find some mosquitos in the room (even with AC on), anyhow I was do tired and just wanted to sleep.
Next morning when going to the shower: there was an old used soup left in the shower and on top of that there was hair glued to the walls of the shower as well. (See pictures) I also communicated the reception which did not seemed to surprise (maybe has happened begore) and just apologized. As I will never come back to the area I did not care about not having any kind of discount or do on but I informed the reception about this post in tripadvisor.
Really lack of basic cleaning.
Breakfest and wifi included in rate and both good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Gel1701,

We are so sorry that there were issues with your room during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve for our guests. We are working with housekeeping to enusre rooms are properly cleaned. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope that you stay with us again so we can create a more positive expereince.

Kelly Rodak, Sales and Marketing Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!