“Decent and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Richmond, Virginia
“Decent and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stay here when in town on business. For 3 days the breakfast was identical. It's plentiful and hot and free, but by the third day it would be nice to see some kind of a change. One of the three days, housekeeping did what they were supposed to. The first night, there was only one hand towel (only one of me, so ok) and no hand cloths. Second day fine, third day no regular coffee. Check in was great and all of the staff are friendly, I just think a little attention to detail would bring it back up to what I expect. I was back on the second floor and the hallway still smells of smoke. No smell in the room, but this has been a constant complaint of mine.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor unless you're a smoker and the ashtray smell in the hallway d...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Phil753,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and tell us how we are doing. We appreciate your suggestions, and now we can focus on ways to improve our guest's stays. We are so thankful that you continue to stay with our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Kelly Rodak, Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed a night on business and was satisfied with the hotel. The place is clean and well kept. Hot breakfast (free) was good and plentiful. Only thing is if you want a quite night sleep don't stay on the first floor b/c you can hear every move from the floor above. By the way lair of good place to eat nearby.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Saltexas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate hearing that our guests have enjoyed themselves while staying with us. I am sorry to hear that you were bothered by guest noise above you, and if you stay with us in the future, we would be happy to place you on the top floor. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel, ad we look forward to your next visit.

Kelly Rodak - Sales and Marketing Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed there on april 26th 2014,when I went in there was only one roon left, smoking, I do not smoke,so with that they offer me a discount,along with my aaa membership,when I told me how much I agree,but when it showed up on my credit bill,it was not what they said,i did not receved a bill on the way out, just turn in my keys,so make sure what they say is what u get.

Room Tip: always get price in writing before u enter the room,cause what they told me was not what I got
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry that there was confrusion with your bill. Anytime there is an issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. I would be happy to correct this mistake if you would like to contact me. We would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Thank you again for the review, and I hope to hear from you.

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family and I stay here when visiting relatives in Woodbridge. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating (Kelly at the front desk is always helpful and very pleasant!). For us, the location is perfect and the breakfast in the morning is consistently a great way to start the day. Rooms are always spotless (I'm a bit of a germaphobe so this is super important :-).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest n200yb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoy the hotel, and that you stay here on a regular basis. Our staff works hard to create positive experiences for our guests, and thank you for your appreciation. Again, thank you for the wonderful review, and we all look forward to your return.

Mahwah, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was my 3rd stay here and quite satisfied as always. Room is always clean and comfortable. Bathroom is always spotless and the shower is pressure is wonderful. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I always deal with Kelly or Eric, their customer service is outstanding!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Marti M.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy that you continue to stay at our hotel and that you enjoy your self when you are here. Our staff works hard to create a comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests, and I am glad to hear that we are doing our job! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked a room with a whirlpool and we check in and it was a King with the extra room, no whirlpool. We was so tired by the time we got in.. Trip was short and busy.. so I didn't go back and tell them.

Vending on the 3rd floor was Out of Order the entire stay.. had to go to the 4th and a lot of the choices was sold out.

The noise from the 4th floor was very loud. Staff is friendly. I usually stay at a Hilton or Marriott property and thought I would try something new. I don't think the experience was worth the amount we paid to stay.

Stayed April 2014
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate when issues are brought to our attention because we are then able to work on these issues. We wish you would have let us know about the room type mix-up, as we would have resolved the issue as best as possible. We hope that in the future you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your time in writing this review.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two nights. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast met our needs and provided good choices. The room was fine. We had hot water and great water pressure for our showers. The location is great as it it right off I95 and very close to the Potomac Mills outlet stores. We were in town for the funeral of a family member. Our only criticism was looking out the window the first night and seeing two buses of students unloading for check in. Having only one elevator does cause some problems, although the walk between floors is not a far walk. I read a review that the chaperone on one trip was upset that the students had to walk to the 2nd and 3rd floor via the stairs. As guests NOT included in the group, we had to contend with the running in the stairwells and the stair doors slamming over and over again. Additionally we had a group directly above us who sounded like they were running and jumping. Fortunately, when we banged on the wall the noise stopped. We had to adjust our breakfast plans so we would get there ahead of the 100+ people who would also be eating in the breakfast room. The group left that day so we had a much quieter stay the second night.

Room Tip: Because this location is close to Washington, DC, there will most likely be groups staying here. Try...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry about the noise from the group, as we try very hard to make sure all of our guests are enjoying themselves. With reviews like yours, we are able to target our problem areas to create better experiences for our guests. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!