“Simply a good HI Express experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Simply a good HI Express experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed for one night while on the road. I cashed a free stay through their "bonus points" program. A large group of school-age children (probably 5th or 6th grade) was also staying there that night. However, they did NOT interfere with a good night's sleep. I have to give management credit there. (I did sleep through the breakfast buffet, so I can't evaluate it.) I'd stay here again if I needed a place in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSR at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel! We appreciate any feedback you may have for us. We are also very happy you chose our hotel for your accommodations. We try to do everything possible to ensure our guests enjoy their stay; especially if we have groups in house. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked this room through Priceline, so the rate was very good...truthfully, that was my main concern. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was! Was worried from previous reviews that it might be noisy, but could not complain, didn't hear anything unusual, and I'm really sensitive to voices in the hallway, next room, etc. Very clean, which is super important to me, comfy beds, pillows a little lumpy, but not terrible. Friendly and helpful front desk, decent breakfast. I would def consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate your time in giving us a review. We are so happy that we met your expectations. We hope that you choose to stay with us again! Thank you again for your time!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for work and it is definitely better than average. The room decor was pretty standard and it is always a plus to be able to get a smoking room. The smoking rooms (as far as I know) have two double beds, which may be an issue for some, but that works for me. I have stayed in one of their larger rooms on the top floor (non-smoking) and they are quite spacious and have very tall ceilings.

I did use the fitness room, which contains fairly new equipment. If my memory serves me correct, it includes two treadmills (you have to see the front desk to get the safety key), one elliptical trainer and a seated, stationary bike. None of this equipment is top notch, but it works.

The hotel is located near lots of restaurants and shopping and I-95. A few restaurants are within walking distance (Macaroni Grill and On the Border are next door).

As far as the staff goes, none of the staff members that I came into contact with were particularly friendly and my receipt was not under my door on the morning of my checkout.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate any feedback you have for us. For any future stays, we do have standard King bed rooms in smoking, as well as upgraded suites, however they may not have been available during your stay. We apologize if our staff was not friendly to you! We strive to create wonderful guest experiences, and we will definitely take time to look into this. Thank you again for your time!
Hillsdale, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We travel to Georgia to see family and always stop here on our way down from NY. We have done this for about 8 years. It is exactly what we want, great service and very clean. The staff couldn't be more friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, GSR at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate all feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for one night before boarding the Auto Train. The staff is super however they are working with a building that has some real problems.
The walls between the rooms are really thin. I could hear conversations happening next door that I am sure were supposed to be confidential.
The temperature of the hallways was overly warm. Seemed like each floor had a different temperature.
The shower was all plastic and felt more like an escape pod then a bathtub.
The toilet looked like an ordinary toilet but flushed like some industrial strength commercial toilet and was quite noisy.
Again, these are all building problems and have nothing to do with current management who did a fine job of making me comfortable during my stay. If you want a more comfortable hotel I recommend the Holiday Inn at Quantico instead.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Quantico instead.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are sorry to hear about your disturbance. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about how we can improve our hotel to make it more enjoyable for our guests. We always appreciate feedback. If you stay here again, please let us know how we can accomodate you better.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This is your basic Holiday Inn express the rooms are average but the location is ideal for next to Romano's macaroni Grill and on the border and across the street you have hooters red lobster and smoky bones. Less than half a mile away is IKEA and Potomac Mills Mall which offers lots of restaurants and AMC movie theater and lots of shopping this is a great little getaway. The offer average prices for the area hotels but if you book in advance if you get a discount make sure your priority club member and ask for the upgrade. I also noticed that they rented out the breakfast area for private parties not too flashy and a good birthday party area for kids.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear KClevenger71,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased our location suited you well. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

If there is anything we could do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for one night before my arrival to DC to do some shoping at the Potomac Mills. The hotel was clean, spacious and worth the money that I paid. The bed was comfortable and clean, bathroom too. Internet connection was good. The complementary breakfast was also great. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeeping staff and front desk staff are meeting all of the needs of our guest. We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!