We had an excellent stay here in spite of some minor wrinkles. First, the free breakfast was good but the service was slow and they were putting out a little food at a time so it kept getting over during the rush of guests coming in before the 9:30am closing time. Second, that little gym had just four aerobic machines and no free weights or strength training machines so we didn't even bother using it. The view isn't great - some big stores and a discount mall some distance away beyond a stretch of greenery and the parking lot, but it's not too bad either. The TV channels in the hotel guide didn't correspond to what were actually on the TV. Also, the price of stay on sites like Orbitz was a little high ($134 per day on the weekend). We'd have paid up to about $100 a day for this on such sites, and we paid less through Priceline, though you can't choose specific hotels this way.
I'm still giving it hotel a score of 5 because the positives far outweighed the negatives. The rooms are spacious, clean and modern with good furniture and a flat screen TV. They are generous with the toiletries and the bathroom had a handy ste of shelves on the side to keep our own ones. The shower was great with good water flow and drainage. They have free Wifi, fridge and microwave. It's quiet and the staff is pleasant and polite. The beds are great. My wife and sister-in-law in the other room are both quite picky, and they liked these and slept well. I think they've free coffee and tea in the common eating area all day round.
About the tardy breakfast service on Saturday, I brought it to the notice of the manager on duty Nuria Scroggins and her response was superb. She rushed in personally to make things right, speeding up service and working there herself. She also apparently counseled the staff on duty because the next day everything worked a lot better. Moreover, she kept the breakfact area open and replenished all the food for an extra half hour (till 10am) and smilingly went around asking the guests if they needed anything else.
So we went away feeling very happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Potomac Mills!Our hotel is located in Woodbridge Virginia which is in Prince William County. We are approximately 23 miles south of Washington DC and 10 miles north of the Quantico Marine Base. Additionally we are within driving distance to the Potomac Mills Mall, Ft Belvoir, the FBI Academy, Reagan National Airport, Dulles International Airport, Mt Vernon, Manassas Battlefield, the National Zoo, Arlington National Cemetery, the Amtrak station, the Springfield/Franconia Metro Station, George Mason Univiersity, Occoquan, and the AMC Movie Theater. Each guest room is equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, two-line speakerphone with voicemail access, free high speed wired/wireless Internet access, work desk with an ergonomic chair, and our patented 'Stay Smart Shower Head'. At the Potomac Mills Holiday Inn Express, we also have an indoor heated pool, business center with printer access and free passes to a local full service health club. Additionally we are proud to offer our famous Smart Start Breakfast Bar full of hot breakfast favorites including our cheese omelets & cinnamon buns. Whether business or leisure brings you to the Woodbridge/Potomac Mills area, Holiday Inn Express has everything you need! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Woodbridge
- Holiday Inn Woodbridge
- Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Holiday Inn