“Service was awful” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Manassas, Virginia
“Service was awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My son chose this for a birthday dinner and I had a gift card so it was a no brainer. We hadn't been to this location for years because the wait is ridiculous and the food is mediocre.

Surprisingly, we were seated quickly. However, too many minutes passed before we got our menus and our drink orders were taken and it went down hill from there. My iced tea was awful so I asked for a soda instead. I had to remind our waiter three more times before I got the soda. The second time he said he'd bring it with the rolls, that we had to ask for more than once. It was a soda! How long does it take to fill a glass? I saw our waiter standing near the cash out stand so I know he wasn't THAT busy.

Had to ask for plates and silverware and refills. He brought out two meals and we were thinking he couldn't carry the others. However, it was eight minutes later when the other two meals arrived.

I spoke with a manager about the poor service and of course, he offered his apologies, but at that point it was too little, too late. The food was typical RL, although a better value than in the past. Good salad, tasty biscuits (when we got them), and the seafood was flavorful. However, we won't go back because of the terrible service. Three stars because it was just average.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Woodbridge, Virginia
“No issues with food or service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went here for a birthday dinner on a Sunday afternoon/night. The service was good including the singing of happy birthday. The food was good also, it was the same Red Lobster quality that we have always encountered. No issues, we will be back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great Food Newly Decorated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I have visited this restaurant many times. It went through a bad spell several years ago and we stopped going. Then about one or two years ago they totally redecorated the entire restaurant. So we figured why not give it another try. We did and it was well worth it. The food was fantastic and the service was great. They added many more dishes to the menu and they are really good. The drink list is plentiful and the drinks themselves are pretty good. We visit there for lunch as well as dinner. One evening during late Summer we had an unusual cold front go through and the timp. dropped down to the lower 60's. The restaurant was cold and when the manager saw us looking uncomfortable he asked if there was something wrong. I told him that I was just cold since the weather had turned cold outside and the air condioner was running in side the restaurant and it was chilly. He immediately went and turned the temp. up in the restaurant and a little later asked me if I was doing better. Yes it had warmed up a bit and I was happy about that. I thought that was very nice of him, I will continue to visit this restaurant every chance I get.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manhattan, Illinois
“Food was better than the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I love Red Lobster. LOVE it. But we were a little underwhelmed by the service at this particular locations. We had to wait 40 minutes for a seat, but once we were brought into the dining area I counted over 20 open tables. I realize they were probably short wait staff and that's why the tables were open, but I think if you know you're a busy restaurant, it's time to hire more people to help. We had to wait quite a while for our food too. Once it arrived, it was delicious, but there was just a little too much waiting for me to be impressed with this place.

Visited September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent service at this Red Lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Every Red Lobster I've ever been to has great food and service, but the attentiveness of the servers and managers here is better than most.

Visited October 2012