“Beautiful restaurant and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Beautiful restaurant and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate from the buffet and enjoyed every tasty morsel! The staff was great! I had so much fun trying all the different foods. I'm so happy this restaurant is so close by.

81% Recommend
Woodbridge
“Left Satisfied.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

There aren't many Tandoor/Indian restaurants that I leave feeling satisfied... Taste of Tandoor is one of the few that I feel it wasn't overly spiced, it was well cooked, and similar to the couple of restaurants that I have visited in England.

“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We love eating at this restaurant because I can get good mild Indian food and my husband can order really spicy. We also can eat here on a Saturday night without waiting an hour. The owner David is very friendly and really cares about the quality of his food. I highly recommend eating here.

peapod01
“Excellent Indian Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've eaten Indian food all over the country as well as many places overseas. This restaurant has excellent Indian food and wonderful, friendly service!!! A must try!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent in every way: lovely, tasty, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I have been going to Taste of Tandoor for well over 10 years now, and if anything, the quality of food and service has only gone up every single year. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and kind, and very knowledgeable about the ingredients in all of the dishes. I am vegan, and the rest of my family are omnivores, and we all -- all of us! -- get along excellently at Taste of Tandoor. What's even better is that the vegan items are now clearly labeled on the menu.

Our family favorite dishes are: Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, Chana Masala, Mixed Vegetables, and Daal Maharni. The spices are all quite delicate -- delicious, but never overpowering. The staff are also always very good at "de-spicing" dishes that would otherwise be quite spicy. In our many years of coming here, I have never been served a dish I did not enjoy.

In addition to the dishes on the menu, there is a midday buffet that is served. The selections here are also excellent: usually about 2-3 meat options, and 3-4 vegetarian options (usually mixed vegetables, lentils, and also vegetable tempura), as well as salad and rice. The food is always quite hot, and the buffet dishes are kept very clean. Staff are quick to refill platters of food when they begin to run low. (And menu options are still available while the buffet is open).

The interior of the restaurant is quite lovely, with elegant decor -- paintings, lovely wall treatments and wall color, low lighting -- but there are also funny touches, like the rubber shark in the water fountain. The food always arrives beautifully prepared, too. A small bar is available in the back, near the fountain.

• Visited January 2013