“We love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Buffet, Late Night
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We love eating at this restaurant because I can get good mild Indian food and my husband can order really spicy. We also can eat here on a Saturday night without waiting an hour. The owner David is very friendly and really cares about the quality of his food. I highly recommend eating here.

81% Recommend
peapod01
“Excellent Indian Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've eaten Indian food all over the country as well as many places overseas. This restaurant has excellent Indian food and wonderful, friendly service!!! A must try!

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent in every way: lovely, tasty, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I have been going to Taste of Tandoor for well over 10 years now, and if anything, the quality of food and service has only gone up every single year. The staff are extraordinarily friendly and kind, and very knowledgeable about the ingredients in all of the dishes. I am vegan, and the rest of my family are omnivores, and we all -- all of us! -- get along excellently at Taste of Tandoor. What's even better is that the vegan items are now clearly labeled on the menu.

Our family favorite dishes are: Butter Chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Palak Paneer, Chana Masala, Mixed Vegetables, and Daal Maharni. The spices are all quite delicate -- delicious, but never overpowering. The staff are also always very good at "de-spicing" dishes that would otherwise be quite spicy. In our many years of coming here, I have never been served a dish I did not enjoy.

In addition to the dishes on the menu, there is a midday buffet that is served. The selections here are also excellent: usually about 2-3 meat options, and 3-4 vegetarian options (usually mixed vegetables, lentils, and also vegetable tempura), as well as salad and rice. The food is always quite hot, and the buffet dishes are kept very clean. Staff are quick to refill platters of food when they begin to run low. (And menu options are still available while the buffet is open).

The interior of the restaurant is quite lovely, with elegant decor -- paintings, lovely wall treatments and wall color, low lighting -- but there are also funny touches, like the rubber shark in the water fountain. The food always arrives beautifully prepared, too. A small bar is available in the back, near the fountain.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Indian food around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I am not sure of his name, but my girlfriend and I refer to him as Mr Smiley. The one manager/ server is the nicest guy in the business, he always makes our visit exceptional..... Tandori Chicken is highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
Woodbridge
“Nice buffet, pleasant atmosphere, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I dined at Taste of Tandoor on a Sunday, early afternoon, with my husband and 11-year-old daughter. We all ordered the buffet and were happy with the selections, taste, and service. We have been there previously when the buffet didn't offer as many choices, so we were happy to see additional offerings. At less than $10 per person for the buffet, we thought it was a good value.

The servers were helpful and pleasant, offering suggestions such as adding the cilantro chutney to rice and the chicken curry, which did indeed change the taste to appear as a completely new dish. The accompanying naan was fresh and flavorful, as was the mango lassi I enjoyed. A few pieces of tandoor chicken were a bit dry, but when the container was re-filled, the chicken was delicious. We all had the buffet's dessert, which was filled with carrots, called Gajar Halwa. Although it was a sweet dessert, I was happy to see my daughter enjoy a carrot dish!

The restaurant is clean and neat. Used plates were quickly removed and water glasses always kept full. We observed the staff quickly cleaning the carpet after a large family left. There were several children in the party so there was some rice on the floor, but it was quickly cleaned and ready for the next diners.

We will not hesitate to visit again and will recommend it to friends.

• Visited August 2012