“Mis- Steaken” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Virginia
“Mis- Steaken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This past weekend my wife and kids went to eat here after church. I ordered the 10oz ribeye, my wife had the strawberry salad, my Grand daughter ordered the fried shrimp. My Wifes salad was great. Had a nice balsamic flavor. My Grand daughters shrimp was great. I tasted one and it was perfectly coated (not too much flour or batter) and was fried perfectly. Not Rubbery. I ordered the the 10 oz Ribeye. The first one came back overcooked. The waitress Rebecca, was very nice and apologized and took it back to get another. Within 5 minutes she returned with the steak and it was correctly done this time, however, it was tough. Very stringy and hard to chew. Rather than return it again I opted to eat it. It tasted fine, but was tough. We were too full for dessert so I opted to take mine home.
The Waitress, Rebecca as I said , was very nice and went out of her way for service. She is what we all hope to get as a server when we sit down at a restaurant! Pleasant but not overmuch. Attentive. A good sense of humor and sweet. She saved the day of the mis-steak.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

VA
“Wouldn't take my dog to eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The place is dirty- sticky menus, tables and salt and pepper shakers. Music so loud you couldn't talk. Smallest pour ever on a vodka on the rocks- only 4 rocks in a tiny glass. We were not asked how we wanted our burgers cooked and I'm sure "hockey puck" is not an option. They were burnt and tasted like charcoal. Fries were limp and tasteless. Toppings on the burgers were old, tired and limp. Just a loud, dirty place with no atmosphere and poor food, uncaring staff and no attention to detail- except they continue to card me and my over 50 husband- really?

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Continues to disappoint!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pros: Service was better than previous experiences, sat down immediately
Cons: Food quality continues to be down, drinks are watered down/filled with mixers

After MANY bad experiences with T.G.I.Fridays we decided to try it out once again. We have had a bad experience in the past with this exact T.G.I.Fridays with some of the management being rude, and the quality of food being horrible.

PAST Experience: Found a large piece of plastic in my mashed potatoes (they're shipped in a plastic bag. The manager at the time was less than apologetic. The overall manager was nice and offered to help make the experience better.)

RECENT: We went here after many bad experiences hoping that our faith would be restored but sadly we were let down.

We were sat fairly quickly for being a later Friday night (8:00pm). Although this could be seen as a bad thing as most restaurants in Woodbridge would have had a wait.

I will say the service was pretty good this time around. Takiia our server was fairly nice and was good to meet our every need. She didn't exactly go above and beyond by any means, but better than previous experiences.

Drinks (alcohol drinks) were watered down.

Sadly our main complaint is towards the food again! My frustration is with the California club. I have been ordering it for many lunches on the ciabatta bread, to find out tonight that it has changed to the baguette but wasn't changed on the menu. (It has been changed on the online menu). Most servers didn't even know it had changed. My other concern is my wife's food. She ordered a New York Cheddar and Bacon Burger and bit down on a small, hard, white object in her burger meat, such as a piece of bone or similar item. It was probably the size of a pea - half dime.

We didn't bring either issue up to our server as we hate to be those people who complain, although I do want to pass this information to hopefully warn others about the food here.

We're sad to say that we won't be going back to T.G.I.Fridays in the future with the past issues with food and service. We used to have great experiences here and looked forward to the food, but until the quality of both rises, we will never return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“What you expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very friendly, attentive staff. Food was tasty. Salad was fresh, nothing soggy. Thanks for making my dinner!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“This location went downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We could tell this TGI's in Woodbridge had started going downhill. The staff, management, and food too. The final straw was when we got our boneless buffalo bites, cut one in half and saw it was completely PINK and uncooked on the inside. Scary! Luckily we had only eaten a couple small pieces so far.

The manager did apologize and didn't charge us for that entree (of course!)... but did nothing else to make it up. I would stay away from this place. We finally learned our lesson and haven't been back.

Visited November 2012