“Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Norfolk, Virginia
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent one night and very comfortable. The girls slept on the pull out couch and the hubby and I enjoyed some privacy in the closed door bedroom. The only issue the girls had to come thru the bedroom to use the bathroom.
Breakfast was good...to get you started in the morning; no meat.
Service was friendly and professional.
Location was absolutely great...surrounded by restaurants and shopping, Starbucks close by;
10 minutes or less travel to Potomac Mills Mall.

• Stayed February 2013

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great one night stay in Woodbridge. Check in was fast and easy and staff was welcoming and friendly. Convenient location with ample parking. Well designed and comfortable common areas. Rooms were large and clean. Looking forward to returning when we revisit out friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days while my husband was working on getting his employer's new store up and running. Seemed like every day brought some nice new surprise. Our one bedroom suite had a separate living room with a kitchenette, so we were able to eat in whenever we wanted to. The decor and feel of the suite was beautiful; very modern and attractive. I understand the hotel had been recently renovated? The complimentary breakfast was above what I'm used to in a hotel. Apart from the usual cereals, oatmeal and bread products there were also fresh breakfasts entrees like biscuits and gravy, egg mcmuffin-type things, and make-your-own-waffles. We were pleased to find that on Monday through Thursday they provide dinner in the hotel, complimentary. The pool area was very nice although a few times it was out of order. When I needed to do laundry the man at the front desk gave me the detergent for free since they had run out and he'd had to get some more. I'd brought a bag of coffee and my own tea but our room came with a nice little setup of coffee bags and tea bags too, as well as what was always available in the lobby. Something I didn't figure out until it was too late was that you can give them your grocery list and they'll go get the stuff for you for free! I presume the cost of the groceries would just go on your bill. The hotel is in the same parking lot with several large stores and restaurants and is right off an expressway that has a TON of shopping all along it. I had a great stay and would definitely stay again if we're ever down this way again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed with my family and mom and dad for 6 nights at Woodbridge to visit our relatives in nearby area.
I chose the hotel after reading positive reviews on trip advisor and because of the recent rennovation of the hotel.
The hotel met all our expectations. Our stay was very comfortable. We stayed in two one-bedroom suites. The mattress was excellent, even my mom, who has some neck and shoulder issues, was comfortable. Everything was clean and new including the hallway carpets etc. Even the sofa bed in room was good.
The management is good and was prompt in changing our rooms when we asked for side side rooms.
The kichen in the room was well equipped . We were provided with dishwashing soap and all possible cooking utensils, pots, storage containers, even measuring spoons. Coffee machine, toaster, dish washer and fridge was working fine although the dishwasher was just too noisy.
House keeping was done daily and was fine. The daily breakfast was always the same with scrambled eggs and the usual breakfast cereals, bread, bagels and some meat dishes which I did not try. May be they can add some variety?
Hotel have unlimited coffee and tea service in Lobby which we enjoyed a lot. Specially the coffee was delicious.
There is a coin operated laundry room on ground floor which was a plus, since we were staying for so many nights.
The in-room tv channels selection was somewhat limited but it was good enough.
There is a smallish pool also and an adequate exercise room which I did not use.

For me the highlight of the hotel was its location, it was located just across the road from target and many other shops and just five mins away from Potomac mills outlet mall and ikea. We were even able to find a halal restaurant and meat shop at five mins driving distance.
The hotel is just near a major highway, so we had no problems in driving to and from washington dc for sight seeing. We avoided the peak hours so we had no issues with getting stuck in traffic.
All is all, I would highly recommend this hotel if you have a car and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Southern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent one night here while visiting family. We got a two bedroom suite on the 4th floor First experience at a Marriott residence hotel. I originally choose this hotel because it was dog friendly but later discovered there was a $100 nonrefundable deposit which I that was extreme. It is a clean facility and had a friendly staff. Our room was ready despite an early arrival. Nice full size kitchen. Quite even though it is surrounded by 2 highways and a shopping center. However, I stopped short of giving it excellent because of some small but annoying faults. The livingroom is very small and the "couch" odd and uncomfortable. The mattresses felt like ones that belonged in a cheaper hotel. The tubs/showers were so slippery that two of us fell getting in. The pool area was fine but the water temperature in the hot tube was extremely high and we could not use it. The breakfast was disappointing. I guess I just expected better for the money.

Room Tip: Be careful of getting a room near the basketball court because there is a electric generating statio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Residence Inn while on a house-hunting trip in the Northern Virginia area. The rates here were much better that other Residence Inns not all that much closer to the District. Our room was very quiet and comfortable the entire time. We didn't have any issues with any appliances or fixtures.

The staff here are exceptionally friendly, from the front desk attendants, to the house-keeping staff, to the people who take care of breakfast and the evening socials, to the nice little man who was cleaning in the hallway--we interacted with all of them, and they all stopped what they were doing to exchange pleasantries. For every person we spoke to, he or she seemed genuinely grateful that we had chosen to lodge here. I like it when a business and its employees genuinely appreciate my business. Conversely, I do not again patronize businesses whose employees come across to me as if they could not care any less that I chose to spend my hard-earned money with them.

There are many amenities nearby. We needed to scan a document into a PDF, and we found an Office Depot within walking distance that took care of it for .25 cents. We walked across nearby Prince William Parkway to a nice Target store to buy some groceries. It is a busy highway, but there is a protected crosswalk which made it okay. We enjoyed dinner at the Red Lobster, also across the same road. You also have a Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and a Famous Dave's, all within an easy walking distance--I would estimate a half mile to one mile max, depending on which one you are walking to. Also within a couple of miles of this Residence Inn is an Ikea Store. If you've never been in one, take some time to stop in.

All in all, this was a great place to spend a few days while we took care of some business closer in to the District of Colombia.

Room Tip: There are rooms available that are closer to parking than others. Simply ask about them when checkin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tiffany S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest(s)

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us feedback. I will share your comments with my staff for sure!!!! Many thanks for the compliments about our staff. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and took full advantage of the area restaurants and shops. I hope that you and your wife were able to find a home. Please come back and visit us if you are in the Woodbridge area again.

Best Wishes

Hotel General Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this Residence Inn over Columbus Day weekend while in town for a soccer tournament. Our stay was very pleasant. The hotel was quiet- we heard very little noise from our fellow guests, the lobby and other public spaces were calm and nearly empty whenever we were around. We loved having a one room suite with a t.v in each room, loved the kitchenette with it's full size refrigerator for all of our Gatorades, yogurts, milks and fruit we brought for our daughter, and the beer we brought for ourselves! We had to be on the field early in the morning and only made it to breakfast on Sunday morning. We had the dining room to ourselves at 7:00 am.-no surprise there! There was a small selection of hot foods, a waffle machine, warm oatmeal, cereals, fruit, yogurt, pastries, breads, juices and coffee. They also have a small market area with snacks, drinks and some other odds and ends. There is plenty of seating, and a workspace nearby. Another nice touch-the outside courtyard with tables where we ate lunch bought at a nearby Panera. We have found this feature at other Residence Inns and really like it.

My daughter gives the pull out sofa, desk area and couch good reviews. She slept on the pull out, did her homework on her laptop at the desk and chilled out on the couch during some down time. It's so nice that internet access is free!! It makes it much easier for travelers, and students whose textbooks are now all online, to stay connected and get their work done. My husband and I found our bed to be a bit soft, with a slight "taco" effect that had me rolling in toward the middle. Also, while our vanity area appeared to be new, the bathtub/shower looked dated with some bad caulking and tired looking tile. It all worked, it was clean, but didn't seem as new as the rest of the room. We were in 322.

We would stay at this hotel again. Great location, clean property, nice friendly staff and we had a great rate thanks to our Marriott friends and family discount.

Room Tip: We had an upper level room, overlooking a side parking lot. It was quiet, and, the windows open a f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Residence Inn Woodbridge!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that your daughter was able to stay productive and relax while she was here. I will definetly address those bathroom items mentioned and thank you again for notifying us. I hope that you will come back and see us again in the future. Take Care!
Sincerely

Tiffany

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!