“Great Residence Inn with some of the best rates in Washington, DC metropolitan area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills

Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Residence Inn while on a house-hunting trip in the Northern Virginia area. The rates here were much better that other Residence Inns not all that much closer to the District. Our room was very quiet and comfortable the entire time. We didn't have any issues with any appliances or fixtures.

The staff here are exceptionally friendly, from the front desk attendants, to the house-keeping staff, to the people who take care of breakfast and the evening socials, to the nice little man who was cleaning in the hallway--we interacted with all of them, and they all stopped what they were doing to exchange pleasantries. For every person we spoke to, he or she seemed genuinely grateful that we had chosen to lodge here. I like it when a business and its employees genuinely appreciate my business. Conversely, I do not again patronize businesses whose employees come across to me as if they could not care any less that I chose to spend my hard-earned money with them.

There are many amenities nearby. We needed to scan a document into a PDF, and we found an Office Depot within walking distance that took care of it for .25 cents. We walked across nearby Prince William Parkway to a nice Target store to buy some groceries. It is a busy highway, but there is a protected crosswalk which made it okay. We enjoyed dinner at the Red Lobster, also across the same road. You also have a Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and a Famous Dave's, all within an easy walking distance--I would estimate a half mile to one mile max, depending on which one you are walking to. Also within a couple of miles of this Residence Inn is an Ikea Store. If you've never been in one, take some time to stop in.

All in all, this was a great place to spend a few days while we took care of some business closer in to the District of Colombia.

Room Tip: There are rooms available that are closer to parking than others. Simply ask about them when checkin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tiffany S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest(s)

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us feedback. I will share your comments with my staff for sure!!!! Many thanks for the compliments about our staff. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and took full advantage of the area restaurants and shops. I hope that you and your wife were able to find a home. Please come back and visit us if you are in the Woodbridge area again.

Best Wishes

Hotel General Manager

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this Residence Inn over Columbus Day weekend while in town for a soccer tournament. Our stay was very pleasant. The hotel was quiet- we heard very little noise from our fellow guests, the lobby and other public spaces were calm and nearly empty whenever we were around. We loved having a one room suite with a t.v in each room, loved the kitchenette with it's full size refrigerator for all of our Gatorades, yogurts, milks and fruit we brought for our daughter, and the beer we brought for ourselves! We had to be on the field early in the morning and only made it to breakfast on Sunday morning. We had the dining room to ourselves at 7:00 am.-no surprise there! There was a small selection of hot foods, a waffle machine, warm oatmeal, cereals, fruit, yogurt, pastries, breads, juices and coffee. They also have a small market area with snacks, drinks and some other odds and ends. There is plenty of seating, and a workspace nearby. Another nice touch-the outside courtyard with tables where we ate lunch bought at a nearby Panera. We have found this feature at other Residence Inns and really like it.

My daughter gives the pull out sofa, desk area and couch good reviews. She slept on the pull out, did her homework on her laptop at the desk and chilled out on the couch during some down time. It's so nice that internet access is free!! It makes it much easier for travelers, and students whose textbooks are now all online, to stay connected and get their work done. My husband and I found our bed to be a bit soft, with a slight "taco" effect that had me rolling in toward the middle. Also, while our vanity area appeared to be new, the bathtub/shower looked dated with some bad caulking and tired looking tile. It all worked, it was clean, but didn't seem as new as the rest of the room. We were in 322.

We would stay at this hotel again. Great location, clean property, nice friendly staff and we had a great rate thanks to our Marriott friends and family discount.

Room Tip: We had an upper level room, overlooking a side parking lot. It was quiet, and, the windows open a f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Residence Inn Woodbridge!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that your daughter was able to stay productive and relax while she was here. I will definetly address those bathroom items mentioned and thank you again for notifying us. I hope that you will come back and see us again in the future. Take Care!
Sincerely

Tiffany
Manchester, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My mom and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Conveniently located off of I95 very near Potomac Mills Outlet. The 1 Bedroom suite was very nicely decorated and the in room kitchen was great to have. The breakfast offered at the hotel has plenty of options and in the evening Monday-Thursday they call it a snack but it can easily be enough for dinner. It is also very near lots of restaurants. I used the fitness center and it was clean, stocked with towels and the machines worked fine. If you are looking for a grocery store while you are there you have to go to Wegman's. It is less than 10 minutes away from the hotel and has everything. A great food bar with everything you can think of and lots of organic products at reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tiffany S, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Cassthor
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. We really appreciate it and I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff during our morning stand up. If you are in the Woodbridge area again, please be sure to come see us.
Sincerely
Topsail Island, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for one night on the way home from our vacation. It was very easy to get to the hotel from I95. This hotel was just remodeled and it shows. The lobby and breakfast area are very nice and new. The rooms are amazing. Beautiful modern kitchen with granite countertops and really nice furniture. The mattress was so comfortable I pulled back the sheet to see what brand it was! :) Nothing was overlooked in the remodel. Another nice thing was that they had luggage carts right inside the front door so we didn't have to go searching for one.
There is a Starbucks within walking distance as well as lots of shopping and restaurants all around the hotel.
We would definitely stay here again while traveling through VA.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I love to hear back from our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

6 in our party stayed here while we visited family and toured DC...we booked a suite so that all could sleep and move around comfortably..went down and looked at the indoor pool but never got the chance to enjoy it..the in-room kitchen was very convenient as we saved money eating in instead of going out to a restaurant..staff was very helpful and courteous

Room Tip: get a suite and you'll feel at home
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review. I truly believe that guest feedback is the best way we can improve our service. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in our area.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

You can always count on Residence Inns being comfortable and spacious. They are continuing the remodel process, but would appear they have completed the rooms and are now working on lobby and meeting rooms. The new comtemporary look for the rooms is great. Ipod/Iphone alarm clocks, and bedside light have two electrical outlets per light. Great additional for tech savy people. Large flatscreen TV that is viewable within all areas of the suite. There is an in-door pool which is undergoing remodel when we were there mid May. Nice hot breakfast as always. Their sister hotels (Courtyard and Springhill) are next door.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for for writing a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you love our new room package. Our lobby will be finished by mid June and I am sure you will be just as happy with the new lobby as you are with the rooms.

Washington, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in May 2012. At the time, hotel was being renovated. This seems to be an ongoing thing.

Easy access off the Prince William Parkway - go into that large shopping center, Marriott is at the top of the hill.

Front desk staff are courteous and friendly.

Hotel lobby has three computers for guests. Can log into internet from your room, no special codes or anything.

Rooms are very clean and spacious. But - you will pay up to 200.00 per night for double suite.

Non-Smoking Complaint. Called about a Smoker in the room across from ours. Front desk was courteous in taking complaint, but did nothing about it. Smoker continued to smoke in Non-Smoking Room and filled the hall with cigarette smoke it was so strong. if this happens to you, and front desk ignores your complaint, just call the Prince William County Police and they will enforce code.

This is a Pet Friendly Hotel. Problem is - the Pet Fee is OUTRAGEOUS at $100.00. A nominal fee is 10.00 per pet, so make sure you ask the Manager for an adjustment. If he objects, contact Marriott Corporate and give them your opinion.

Manager needs to be more friendly, customer oriented, and responsive to customer requests - enough said.

This is my Candid Assessment. I hold the following Hotel Memberships:

Marriott Rewards
Hampton Inn HHonors
Starwood Preferred Guest
Hyaltt Gold Pass
Holiday Inn Platinum Member
Choice Hotels International
Venetian Hotel Club

Room Tip: When selecting a room, ask to be away from the areas being renovated - lots of unhealthy dust and de...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review about your experience. I truly believe that guest feedback is truly the best way to improve our services. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to resolve the issue with the other guest smoking when you called it in. I will use this as a training opportunity to make sure all staff members know how handle guests who violate our no smoking policy.

I understand your frustrations with the pet fee, however we use this fee for additional cleaning that we perform on all rooms with pets. This exta cleaning is to ensure that guests who may be sensitive to pets can have a comfortable stay.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Travis Weller

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!