“Always Nice...But Not Quite Business as Usual” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always Nice...But Not Quite Business as Usual”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My early check-in request apparently didn't hold up, as they not only didn't have a room ready for me at 3pm, but they had to switch me into a different type of room. No big deal, except when I checked into that room and finally got settled... there was hammering above my head. The reason this place is getting a good rating is because they respected the noise level upon 5pm as you would expect. And the accomodations exceed any other place I stay at on business. And for me, since I pack food/drinks all the time, I love that they have larger than normal refrigerators with freezers at all their locations. At this Residence Inn though, the walls are thin. I actually was able to hear the guy in the room next to me snooring as well as many people's fainting conversations somewhere in the hallway. Yeah. The snooring thing, that was definitely a first. Needless to say, the front desk was courteous. Just not apologetic about having to switch me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your return stay and for your feedback in regards to your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not business as usual. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the noise and the room not being ready at three as promised. I sincerely apologize for this. You will be happy to know that the renovation is almost complete, so that should eliminate some of the noise.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This hotel had a friendly staff, very helpful and the accomodations were excellent, as you would expect from a Residence Inn. There were plenty of great restaurants in the area to choose from, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was modern and updated. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would return anytime if my job permits me to go back there. I did not have the breakfast since I had to check out early, but there was coffee in the hallway. Just don't make the mistake of leaving the bldg before daylight without your card like I did or you won't have a way back inside to get the coffee!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I do a LOT of traveling, and stay at many hotels. The cleanliness of this hotel was a problem. When I checked in, I found a SOCK under the kitchen table. Over the course of my stay (over a month) the same dirt was in the same place - do they every vacuum here? My bathroom smelled overpoweringly of mildew, and I like another reviewer, my mattress feels like its made of hay because it sinks in the middle. I actually went to a nearby store and purchased a pillow, because the ones here are made of cotton balls or something. Be aware, they allow pets at this hotel, which I am allergic to. Unfortunately, they do offer "non-smoking" rooms, but not "non-pet" rooms, and I pretty much itched every day I was there. I cannot recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the property are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Yoursinhospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. I want to apologize for the cleanliness issues that you experienced while you were here. I have brought these issues to the attention of our housekeeping department and we will be doing a re training session with all of the housekeepers. Also, you will be happy to know that we are in the process of setting up pet free rooms.

Again I appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Yours In Hospitality,
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here on a month long cross country trip. Our daughter lives in the area, and we were here for the Memorial Day Weekend. We were traveling with our two Bichons.......dogs. The upside was that they take pets, the downside is that their pet fee is a hundred dollars. That was fine for us as we stayed for five nights, but the price is the same whether you stay one night or twenty nights. For one night, it would exceed our budget.
When we checked in, the woman at the desk was friendly, efficient and thoughtful. She put us at the end of the hall so we could take the dogs out when necessary. We also needed a handicapped accessible room, and this room fit both pet and people requirements. The room was clean and attractive, and we enjoy the free internet and breakfast. The housekeeping staff was very accomodating about cleaning when it was convenient for us. We usually got up and out pretty early, but wanted to avoid the dogs barking, so just told the nearest member of the staff when we would be leaving that day, and they worked around us. Our bed was comfortable, as were the other furnishings. We would definitely stay there again when next in the area. We don't usually travel with our dogs, so would stay there even without them.
Thanks for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: I thought our room was quiet even though it faced out into the parking lot. The hotel is at the end...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Yoursinhospitality, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I do quite a bit of traveling for work and it is always a pleasure to find a hotel with a staff that is friendly, polite and helpful. This was the case at the Potomac Mills Residence Inn. From the moment I checked in to the exiting the door after checkout the staff did their best to make sure my stay was pleasant. I like the fact that the RIs by Marriott have a full kitchen or kitchenette since I have special meal requirements. In this facility I found everything clean, in working order and good condition. Great stay overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words in regards to your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills. As GM, I enjoy getting guest feeback both good and bad. I believe that guest feedback is the best way that we can improve our level of service.

Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area!

Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

but, the Potomac Mills Residence Inn is like being in the comfort of your own home, or maybe better! This property is as fresh as the first time I stayed here in 2007, though Travis, the General Manager, told me that they are scheduled for a revitalization in the near future. Neither work, nor pleasure brought me to this hotel for about a year, yet, when I arrived I was greeted by name and welcomed by the GM and some of the old familiar staff, including Norma, the wonderful lady that presents their evening meal/refreshments, and if you still need something after they've closed down the evening activity, just ask...because it will soon be yours! I hesitate to recommend this property to anyone for fear that it will become even more popular and, thus, that much more difficult to get into, but I do, and will continue to! Thanks to the staff for making this a home away from home!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Yoursinhospitality, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Greg A ,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being your "Home Away from Home" the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

West Caldwell, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had stayed here before when we went down to VA for a family reunion over the holidays. We were very satisfied last time, so we stayed here again for another family event. The reasons we chose this hotel again was we could bring our dog since it's pet-friendly, the suites were clean & spacious, the staff was helpful, they had a nice hot breakfast & it's located very close (walking distance) to the shopping areas & restaurants. My family & I would definitely stay here again next time we go back to Woodbridge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Raes112,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

Travis Weller

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!