“A Little Taste of the Caribbean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 237 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“A Little Taste of the Caribbean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Met friends here for lunch and really enjoyed the nice, easy going atmosphere and flavors of the Caribbean! My husband had the jerk chicken pasta and I had the salmon pasta. Both were delicious, light, and filling. Prices are very reasonable and the menu extensive. Also had a great selection of Caribbean style cocktails. Will definitely visit again when in the Bob Marley mood! Yeh Mon!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Woodbridge, Virginia
“A different type of experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Several of our friends have mentioned trips to different Bahama Breeze restaurants around the country and this one in Woodbridge had been open for some time (about a year and a half I think) but we had never been. We were debating where to go for dinner and we had talked about eating here so we finally decided to go. Although the parking lot appeared to be overflowing there was plenty of room on the inside. The restaurant provides a touch of the Caribbean in the Woodbridge area. There are several Caribbean Cocktails on the menu as well as a good assortment of food. We started with cocktails, my wife a Yaka Hula Hickey Dula (This sweet cocktail is inspired by the Hawaiian love song. Pineapple juice, Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling wine and Myers's Dark Rum are shaken for a tropical tribute to island romance. ) I had a Goombay Smash, Bahamas (Made famous by the Grandmotherly Miss Emily at her Blue Bee Bar... Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum and Myers's Original Dark Rum mixed with fresh orange and pineapple juice.) I began with an appetizer of Ahi Tuna Stack, an absolutely delightful Sushi grade Ahi tuna marinated in Ponzu sauce with pickled cucumber and pineapple salsa, stacked between crispy sesame crackers. My wife opted not to have an appetizer and chose the Chipotle Beef bowl which somewhat surprised me as she is not known to be a huge fan of Chipotle peppers. She declared it to be tasty but wasn't sure if she would order it again. I chose the wonderful Caribbean style Paella that was loaded with different seafood and flavor. We would definitely go back. The inside of the restaurant is tastefully decorated and except for a bit of a high noise level, which I guess one could expect for this type of establishment, we had a delightful meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stafford, Virginia
“Really like this restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I would make a special trip to the Bahama Breeze every time I visited Tampa, FL. I was really excited when this restaurant opened. I don't have to travel that far to get really good Caribbean food! On this visit, I took the entire family to try it out. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Our server was very attentive and ensured that everyone enjoyed what they ordered. One downside was the volume of the music being played on the patio. Thankfully, the management was accommodating and had the performer turn down the volume on his speakers. I would recommend that you give this restaurant a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Temple Hills, Maryland
“I thought I was back in the Caribbean... Food so AUTHENTICALLY delicious I thought I was in the Caribbean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

For almost a year we have been meaning to visit Bahama Breeze and so yesterday my husband, children and I finally had the opportunity. I love the Caribbean and the various islands that make it up are my favorite vacation spots. My expectations we set very high and Bahama Breeze surpassed them so much that not only has it become my favorite Caribbean restaurant but my FAVORITE restaurant thus far. We received nothing but excellent service by our server Matt, who was very personable and took care of all five of us without missing a step. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant was right on point with providing that island aesthetic. We have been bragging about this place since we left yesterday and even vowed to bring my parents to it when they visit us from NY. From Jamaican Jerk Chicken with black beans, yellow rice and platanos, to Calypso Shrimp Linguine, Lobster and Shrimp Linguine, the delicious Island Hopper appetizers and everything in between, you don't have any other choice BUT to win regardless of what you order. As a person with a culinary arts degree and love for the islands, Bahama Breeze scores five (5) stars all across the board. My family and I were thoroughly pleased with our meals and we DEFINITELY return again and again to this wonderful culinary establishment!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visited here during a work trip with some coworkers. Nice environment, and everyone was friendly. Our waitress, Jess, did a fantastic job of making sure we understood what we were ordering, that we liked what we ordered, and she made sure our requests were accommodated. I ordered the wood fired turkey burger with all the fixings it came with except no guacamole and with cheddar cheese. It was one of the best turkey burgers I have had. Caramelized onions and brioche bun was probably the cause of this great taste. The Bahamarita was really good. I will continue to visit this restaurant in every state I am in that has it.