“Just not great” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Just not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Waited forever for bread. Most meals were tepid. Pizza so so. Chicken Marsala good. Friendly servers. Overall , not on my repeat list.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ok but nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I am honestly very surprised with all the great ratings of this restaurant. I think it's because Woodbridge doesn't have a lot to choose from so this is a good place for this area. I was with a group and all of our food wasn't delightful. My pasta and chicken were very dry. I had to add marinara sauce just too make it eatable. The prices for the quality of food doesn't make sense. This place is around the same prices as some really good restaurants in DC and Sprigfield area. The look of the restaurant is nice and they have a good choice of wine. I probably won't return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great new restaurant in Woodbridge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I decided to visit this newly opened restaurant for her birthday. I had read some reviews of other locations and hoped that this locale would be as good as what I had read. They only take reservations for groups of 8 or more, but we went in early on a Friday evening and were promptly seated. The staff is all dressed in black. Service from the hostess to the wait staff was outstanding. The ceilings are quite high and I felt the noise level was a bit high, although we did not have to speak above normal levels to understand each other. I also felt the lights were a bit bright but my wife said she thought they could be a bit brighter. We started with mixed drinks, myself the house martini (Bombay Sapphire, vermouth, large olives) and my wife the Dragonberry Madras (Dragonberry Rum, orange juice and cranberry.) For and appetizer we had an antipasto plate which consisted of prosciutto, salami, artichoke hearts, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella. They also brought us a loaf of warm bread which was lightly coated with some herbs and I believe olive oil. We had a saucer of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper to dip it in. The bread was OK, but in my opinion nothing special. Following this we ordered a Spinach and Goat cheese salad
(Lightly fried goat cheese medallions, sliced red onions, diced egg, baby spinach and a warm
pancetta dressing. 8) which we declared to be delicious. For her main course my wife ordered the Wild Mushroom Carbonara (Linguine tossed with parmesan cream, proscuitto, peas, garlic, wild mushrooms and truffle oil. 16), I tasted this and we both declared it to be a keeper. Her meal was accompanied by a glass of Mandra Rosso Nero d"Avola, Sicily. I ordered Veal Marsala (Thinly pounded veal tenderloins sautéed in an aged Florio Marsala wine demi-glaze with cremini mushrooms, topped with melted Fontina cheese over
cappellini. 23). I ordered a glass of Rocca Sasyr, Italy, however it was not available so I had a Zaccagnini Monepulciano D'Abruzzo, Italy. To finish our meal we had coffees with Amaretto and freshly made Cannoli, which was a gift of the house to my wife for her birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will definitely return to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great addition to the food options in Woodbridge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

While I usually shy away from the chains I have to say this place is great! Food melts in your mouth, wine list is great, bartenders knowledgable and helpful,and ambiance beats anything around here. So if your looking for a great place pick this before changs or firewood!

Dumfries, Virginia
“Scallops and Risotto; "Chef Ramsey Approved"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am a food and wine "foodie"!! Although this restuarant opened while still waiting for its wine and alcohol license.......the food was DIVINE!!! I am a fan of good scallops and I also LOVE Risottos when it is creamy and done right. My first taste of food was a Artichoke risotto with pan seared scallops.... If you watch "Hell's Kitchen" then you would understand my comment of "Chef Ramsey approved"! Beautiful color and so tender and sweet. MY entree was a pan seared and oven baked seabass dish.... finished with butter and baked garlic.....was very light and sweet and flavorfull. My daughter had a chicken dish with goat cheese and some creamed spinach that was also very flavorful. Wish I had saved room for dessert because I saw a yummy pudding with berries go by and a cheesecake with a super thick grahm cracker crust that caught my attention as well. I am deffinately going to be a regular here.

• Visited December 2012