“If you want atmosphere & quality food give it a try!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
1500 Potomac Town Place #160, Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, Woodbridge, VA
703-763-5022
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 235 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
northern Virginia
“If you want atmosphere & quality food give it a try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Yes, it's a bit pricey. I've been twice in the last few weeks: my book club met here for lunch and the restaurant pulled together tables to seat the 12 of us together. I ordered the pecan crusted trout, but since I loathe cilantro I asked them to omit the peach salsa with cilantro. As good as it was, it would have been nice for them to offer a substitute condiment, but the waitress said they really didn't have anything else. The tortilla slaw was a disappointment as it is only shredded cabbage and shredded tortilla crisps....have you ever tried to eat tortilla strips with a fork? Hopefully they are checking for constructive criticisms and will conjure up a sauce to make this truly a "slaw".
I signed up for the e-club and instantly received a $10 off per table coupon to be used within 2 weeks. So suggested to hubby we go for our anniversary dinner. He had the prime rib special and I had the filet & shrimp. Both were accompanied by the salted skin loaded potato. If you are one to normally eat the skin, you may want to skip or else realize the rock salt will probably suffice your week's sodium intake. I asked for my filet cooked medium well, and he asked if they could filet it....you know, slice it in two to cook more evenly. I've always seen this as a tactic for a chef to take the easy road to getting the steak to a non-pink state. I said no, I prefer the pink center (but not so juicy) and the seared sides. It was a great pleasure to have my steak arrive perfectly cooked. And yes, I did wander over to watch the steak griller at work over the fire.

It was all good. We split the fresh but otherwise so-so BLT salad. Two entrees, one salad split (I like that the menu suggests this is a good salad for two) and $10 off made the pre-tip bill about $58. So not your "I don't feel like cooking, let's go out to eat" type of place.

That being said, I am always entranced by good decor. 5 star for the look! Even the ladies room had little niches with votive candles burning (though at 6pm I would have thought it would be picked up after a bit better for so early in the evening).

As we headed out, the bar area was packed with lots of martinis seen on high-top tables, much abuzz for Friday date night. Looks like everyone is trying out the new kid in town. I liked it....only needs a few tweaks....as far as price....you get what you pay for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

VA
“Better Service at Dennys”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

At this price point (expensive $25-$30 a steak) the service needs to be right on- it's not. At a ratio of 40 to 50 service people, most of whom are standing around doing nothing, chatting among themselves or watching a game on TV and 50 to 60 people in the place I would at least hope for some better service. I believe no one is properly trained and the timing of everything is WAY off. This was our second time there and I think they have the food figured out- but the bar service is extremely slow. No one even bothered to ask if our steaks were cooked properly- dessert, coffee or after dinner drinks were never offered- water glasses sat empty. This is a relatively new place but I don't believe we'll be going back. By the way a $10 glass of wine is not a nightly special- it's a rip off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Huckleberries,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding our Woodbridge, VA location. I am so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our management team would like to be in touch with you regarding your visit. Would you please email me with your contact information?

Becky Hall
bhall@fbgrill.com
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loud. Slow. Nothing special.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Service was okay, but nothing special.

Food was typical (like what you'd find at Red Robin or someplace similar), but was overpriced. It was very loud, to the point of being unable to have a normal conversation without raising your voice. Lots of people, lots of squealing kids. Won't return.

Visited December 2012
Manassas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The food is fantastic, the staff are pretty spectacular and the atmosphere is quite appealing. I have eaten here twice and there have been no disappointments! It is a little pricey but so worth it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Feel the Fire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Firebirds has a pretty simple menu of dishes that they do well. Burgers, steaks, salads are the staples on the menu but I likes the atmosphere and adult beverage the best. They feature top shelf spirits and a good selection of beer. The service was outstanding!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere