“Great New Restaurant in Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
1500 Potomac Town Place #160, Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, Woodbridge, VA
703-763-5022
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 235 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great New Restaurant in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill just opened in Woodbridge around the 5th of November. They had sent us a $10 off coupon. We decided to visit on a Friday night and arrived around 5:30. The place was teeming. We were told there would be a wait of about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. We walked into the bar which was also teeming. A waitress (Pauline) asked if she could take our bar order and shortly we had drinks in our hands. It was happy hour so the drink prices were discounted. The back of the bar was stacked with lots of liquor bottles with beautiful colored lights shining through. There is also a large fireplace which put out lots of heat and would be ideal on a cold winter's night. There was another couple sitting at one of the two person tables in the bar and we asked if we could share a corner of their table to set our drinks down. They said yes and that they were actually on their way out. My wife and I grabbed the table when they left and turned in our beeper. We shortly had menus, which had a wide variety of choices on them.

A little while later another waitress brought by their signature appetizer. and said it was on the house. This appetizer is a Lobster Spinach Queso ($10.95) served with red, yellow and black tortilla chips. My wife doesn't eat any sort of shell fish so I was left on my own. I only ate a small amount of it as I didn't want to ruin my meal. The appetizer was easily enough to feed four. It was absolutely delicious. My wife was not real hungry so she chose a Chicken Tortilla Soup which she declared was marvelous and would be even better with some fresh cilantro. She also ordered their BLT Salad which she also declared to be quite scrumptious.

My meal was succulent prime rib cooked to perfection served with Au Jus on the side along with a horseradish sauce. My comment on this is that I personally feel fresh horseradish would be better. We both enjoyed a glass of wine with our meals, hers a House Chardonnay and myself a house red.

This is the type of restaurant I feel has been needed in Woodbridge for some time now. We will definitely go back and look forward to being able to eat in the dining room. The biggest reason I didn't give them a five rating was the noise level in the bar made it difficult to carry on a conversation. We would also like to reserve this number so that we can try some of the other dishes, in hopefully a much quieter dining room.

I don't know if they accept reservations or not but will ask on our next trip. The outdoor seating has heat lamps.

• Visited December 2012