“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Honolulu, HI
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

I've stayed here several times and I like it. The only thing that would make it better is to have a free breakfast vs. having to pay and eat there. Beds are nice, rooms are quiet.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I had a great time staying at this hotel. The staffs were lovely especially the member of staff that both checked me in and out.

The only downside was the fact the restaurant closes by 10pm. If you feel pecky and need something to nibble or you had a long day and need to eat, you have to go to the nearby restuarants (not too far away). And if you're like me that loves seafoods, make sure you take any reminants out of your room the next day as the housekeeprs did not remove the bag I left in the room (on top of the bin indidcating I needed it removed). I came back to a not so welcoming room smelling of fish.

Apart from the above, I highly recommend staying at this hotel. And to the management, thanks for making my stay pleasurable. I hope to see you guys soon.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

It's a standard Courtyard. The rooms are all pretty nice with comfortable beds. the only issue we had was check in. We had prepaid for a good rate and got there with no rooms to give. there were others that had a reservation but had not paid. I guess I was the one that got the only room left, a handicap room with no sofa like I paid for.

When I asked for a roll away, we got it about an hour later and 4 trips to the front desk. No one seemed to know what to do. They were nice, just not very knowledgeable.

One last thing...it is very hard to find. We had a GPS and still had trouble.

No WiFi, only ethernet "high speed"

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Philly area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Courtyard for two nights for a get-together with friends. It is a new property, so nice and clean. It is also extremely convenient to shopping, restaurants, the interstate, etc. We had breakfast included with our room rate, so we enjoyed the buffet both mornings. Good selection including cooked-to-order eggs, make-your-own waffles, hot items, breads, fresh fruit, etc. There is a bar in the lobby if you choose to take advantage of it, and a nice-looking indoor pool, although we didn't have time for a swim. Overall, a very satisfactory stay--clean room (#1 concern), good service, tasty breakfast. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Liked — clean, new property
  • Disliked — no real dislikes
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Longwood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

I stayed here for one night last week as a stop along the way up the east coast from Florida. I purposely picked this area because it has a lot of stores and services within easy reach in case I needed to get anything on along the way.

The hotel is a little difficult to get to because you have to navigate your way through the back of several store parking lots to get there, which was a little bit of a pain but the good news is that there is plenty of parking around the property.

The hotel check-in was speedy and friendly and I was informed that I had a certificate for a discounted breakfast or a free appetizer in the hotel's restaurant. That was a nice surprise but I wouldn't characterize the food as anything to write home about. Nevertheless, it was good to have a restaurant in the hotel available since the area was in the middle of a tornado warning at the time and going outside was not really a good option. The food was okay. The chicken marsala wasn't what I would typically call what I got. What I got was more like stir-fried chicken with mushrooms - not chicken marsala. It tasted fine but wasn't as described.

The breakfast was okay with a waffle iron available for making waffles and assorted cereals, fruits and pastries. I'm not an egg-eater so I can't provide a good review of the scrambled eggs available.

The room itself was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The free internet access worked fine and the bed was comfortable. Given the weather in the area at the time I was more concerned about the construction of the building than the amenities but overall the room was excellent.

• Liked — Close to highway, restaurants, stores and just outside metro DC, bed
  • Disliked — Difficulty in locating entrance, restaurant
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

After New Year's Eve service and the kids all had sisters, my husband spontaneously treated me to a night at the Marriott Courtyard. We called the property and got the best room they had and headed for a night away on enter the new year. It was nice. The front desk rep. made checking in an ease and the lobby was well kept, clean and inviting. They also gave us two coupons to a free complimentary breakfast in house in the diningroom. The room was a nice size andthe accommodations were perfect. There was a big wooden credenza with a tv inside it for entertainment. In the morning, we ate breakfast in the diningroom which was great. They had fresh fruit, you have the option to make your own belgian waffle and they will make your omelet for you. They had everything hot or cold you could ever want for breakfast. They also had across the way two computers for internet service if you needed access. They have a inside pool as well. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2006
Williamston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

We had a very nice stay at the Courtyard - Potomac Mills. We had asked for an early check-in and arrived much sooner than anticipated, about 10:30 a.m. Because it was so early, I expected a long wait but was surprised when they booked us into a room right away. Front desk personnel were very helpful and friendly and check-in was a breeze. The lobby area was spotless, with some delicious complimentary coffee available. As soon as we walked in, I noticed a very nice, clean smell throughout the hotel. The room itself was spacious and very attractively decorated. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was roomy with a good, powerful showerhead and plenty of towels and toiletries. Internet access was fast and easy. The hotel is within walking distance of a Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery; and if you're into shopping there's a Bed, Bath and Beyond and a couple of other shops (including a Michael's, I think); and you're just a short drive from the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall, which is definitely worth a visit. Lots of choices for restaurants nearby and an easy access to Interstate 95. The hotel also serves food and has a lounge but we did not take advantage as ours was only a short (but very pleasant) stay. An excellent hotel! I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!