“Beginning of stay was disappointing but it worked out in the end” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Virginia Beach
“Beginning of stay was disappointing but it worked out in the end”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The entry to this hotel leads to a very attractive lobby. A large fireplace sits in a rock wall giving it a look like a lodge. There is a bar in the rear of the lobby that makes it convenient for guests to have drink without needing to leave the hotel. After unpacking in our room we discovered there were no bath towels. When we reported this to the front desk the clerk promptly provided towels for us and apologized tor the inconvenience. Later in the evening we discovered that the twin lights between the two beds did not work, even after trying every switch we could find in the room. We chose not to report this immediately, assuming no repair could be made until the next morning. The beds were quite comfortable and the temperature control was very comfortable-this feature is most important to my wife who is quite sensitive to heat. We were disappointed that the breakfast was not included in the cost of the room, but nevertheless we paid our $8.95 and found the quality and selection of the breakfast was very good. When we checked out we told the desk clerk about the problem with the light and she apologized for the inconvenience, even removing the charge for our breakfasts from our bill, which we certainly appreciated.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor a ways down the hall from the lobby-no noise-easy to get to.
Green Features: Normal procedure regarding reuse of towels unless specifically requesting a clean one.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is an older property with some minor wear and tear. I only have two minor quibbles with this place: 1 - the fitness area is woefully dated and has one semi-functional treadmill, an elliptical, a a cable weight system. This area needs to be updated. To the hotel's credit, they were very quick to let me use the facilities at the residence inn next door as well as extending a guest pass to a nearby gym. High quality customer service. The 2nd issue is with the tiny room refrigerators. They are small but again this is a minor issue. Overall, this really is an outstanding property. The beds are exceptionally comfortable and you can't beat the location. The staff is some of the best I've ever encountered. Rachel at the front desk is absolutely incredible and goes above and beyond to take care of guests. Roberto runs the hotel bar and is one of the best bartenders I've encountered. He is very engaging and truly cares about taking care of the guests. Finally, at breakfast, Ms. Leticia is ruthlessly efficient and very attentive. She makes you feel like you are her number 1 priority. I stayed here for almost 3 weeks and these three are some of the best I've encountered with Marriott. I'd absolutely return here. No question. Outstanding in representing the Marriott brand.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jefferson city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean, and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Our only complaint was that our reservations for a family of 4 said that our breakfast was included in the room rate. Upon check out we were charged for 2 breakfasts each day. The manager said that the room rate only included breakfast for 2 even though we made reservations for 4. Went back to look at fine print on reservation and still have not found that exception. I recommend checking with front desk on the policy ahead of time. Disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel is super nice! The room was large, clean and decorated nicely. The lobby is very pristine. My husband bought the $9 breakfast and he was very pleased with the large selection and quality of food. I would recommend this hotel! It's standard of quality is great. We would stay again for sure.

Stayed July 2014
Atwater, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I normally opt to stay at Residence Inn, when available, because I feel more "at home" there. It was full on the one night I needed to be back in Woodbridge, so I stayed next door at the Courtyard. It was clean and comfortable, and I did buy a light breakfast at the cafe, which was ok. The lobby was bright and well appointed. No time to swim and I don't work out, so I can't speak to those amenities. All in all, for the price, it was an okay substitution for Residence Inn. The staff were friendly and provided good service as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I walked in and Racheal took such good care of me and my family.the hotel is so clean.And the breakfast in the am is great..If you are in the area please stay here you cant go wrong..You can walk to almost any place to eat or shop.Very close to a very large mall....Again you cant go wrong staying here I cant say enough good things about this place.......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Goochland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum member I frequent plenty of Courtyards. I rate this property perhaps at the top 10%! Friendly, courteous and professional staff, very clean rooms that provide all the amenities. The condition of the overall hotel is exemplary. The outside grounds are well manicured and attractive. Very clean pool and hot tub. They have not changed over to the Bistro concept yet. So, you'll enjoy a more personal breakfast that offers a decent buffet. Located not far off I-95 it's convenient to nearby restaurants and stores. Recommend checking out a nearby new upscale shopping area called "Stonebridge" that offers a wide variety of restaurants. Stay in a room that faces the front (even room numbers) which are much quieter as the rooms on the opposite side face a noisy highway.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business