“stayed here because Residence Inn next door was full” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Woodbridge
Atwater, California, United States
“stayed here because Residence Inn next door was full”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I normally opt to stay at Residence Inn, when available, because I feel more "at home" there. It was full on the one night I needed to be back in Woodbridge, so I stayed next door at the Courtyard. It was clean and comfortable, and I did buy a light breakfast at the cafe, which was ok. The lobby was bright and well appointed. No time to swim and I don't work out, so I can't speak to those amenities. All in all, for the price, it was an okay substitution for Residence Inn. The staff were friendly and provided good service as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I walked in and Racheal took such good care of me and my family.the hotel is so clean.And the breakfast in the am is great..If you are in the area please stay here you cant go wrong..You can walk to almost any place to eat or shop.Very close to a very large mall....Again you cant go wrong staying here I cant say enough good things about this place.......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

As a Marriott Platinum member I frequent plenty of Courtyards. I rate this property perhaps at the top 10%! Friendly, courteous and professional staff, very clean rooms that provide all the amenities. The condition of the overall hotel is exemplary. The outside grounds are well manicured and attractive. Very clean pool and hot tub. They have not changed over to the Bistro concept yet. So, you'll enjoy a more personal breakfast that offers a decent buffet. Located not far off I-95 it's convenient to nearby restaurants and stores. Recommend checking out a nearby new upscale shopping area called "Stonebridge" that offers a wide variety of restaurants. Stay in a room that faces the front (even room numbers) which are much quieter as the rooms on the opposite side face a noisy highway.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a great experience staying at this hotel. The rooms were spacious with a great layout. Big bathroom which i love. The breakfast could be a bit better. It was the same thing everyday and I was there for 9 nights. So it did get boring after the 4th day. You have many food options in the area. The potomac mills mall is 5 mins away as well as direct access to 95. Washington DC is about 30 mins away, however it could be a pain because there is always traffic in that corridor. With that in mind it could take about 40 mins. The fitness center needs to be renovated. Overall I did enjoy my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We normally stay at the Woodbridge Marriott Springhill Suites but they were full so we opted for the Courtyard. Not a bad opt. Very nice accommodations, clean, and the staff was exceptional. Rooms were very nice. We stayed in a King Suite which had all we could ask for including a fridge. Pool was nice and kept at a great temperature as was the whirlpool. A small store was on site and they did serve meals along with providing room service if you required. It is located at Potomac Mills near IKEA and the outlet mall which makes it easy access for shopping and a great day. Our only reason for not giving them an excellent is breakfast is not included in the price. It is a small buffet type breakfast which you must pay for when you eat. This kind of sets it aside from other Marriott properties we have stayed at over the years as well as other hotels too. Being a business traveler on the road nearly 35-40 weeks a year breakfast is one of my pet peeves overall. This wouldn't deter me from staying again but would make me look at nearby Marriott or other properties before booking.

Room Tip: Corner rooms/suites seem to be quite large, quiet and give you easy access in and out of the hotel.
Green Features: They follow Marriott's normal plan. if you want them to wash/replace your towels let them know if not let them know, etc.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hotel itself was very clean and rooms were huge however, they could improve on customer service. Upon checking in, there were no carts available for we had our hands very full trying to make it to our room in one trip. Desk clerk seemed very preoccupied and I didn't get a warm welcome. She didn't even tell us where the elevators were and of course, we went to the right vs the left and we kept dropping things. Our room was literally the furthest room from the elevator and once arrived at door, our key cards did not work. My family stayed with our belongings as I went down to get a card that works and she says that we need to move to another floor. I asked why and she said "there something wrong with the lock on that door, the cards just don't work." Really, you gave us a room knowing that the lock would not read the card? And now you want us to change floors? I said we needed to stay on the same floor and she gave us another room. I told her we kept dropping things since there were not any carts and really felt like she should have given us vouchers for breakfast or something but she never even apologized. Such a shame as the hotel is a nice property.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Richard L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your time and feedback. Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant check in experience. I really appreciate your comments that will allow me to create a training opportunity with my team. We will be looking forward to have you back soon. Cordially
West Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our car broke down in the area and we were able to get a room on short notice. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We were able to include a buffet style breakfast for our family for an additional fee, but it was well worth it.

The room was large and nice. Excellent beds.

Hotel pool and hot tub were not overly large, but were great for our needs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Potomac Mills Woodbridge was enjoyable.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!