I decided to stay at this hotel and commute in to my various meetings across DC. It was a bit far of a commute at times, but my stay was absolutely exceptional - particularly considering that chain hotels normally can get quite anonymous.
My room was very spacious and fresh. The hotel staff were very friendly, fun and helpful. It felt like I was staying at a family-run hotel. The bar area was cosy and usually busy with guests. The food was simple but refined.
The proximity to the Potomac mills mall as well as to the freeway are the core strengths. Dulles airport was about 45 minutes drive away in average traffic.
The only negative was that some traffic noise could be heard during night, particularly when there were emergency vehicles. But that was not frequent.
If my DC meetings are located in a way that makes the commute acceptable, I would most definitely opt for this hotel rather than the overpriced and bland hotels in DC downtown.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Potomac Mills Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Potomac Mills Hotel Woodbridge
- Courtyard Hotel Woodbridge
- Marriott Woodbridge
- Courtyard Woodbridge
- Woodbridge Courtyard
- Woodbridge Marriott
- Courtyard Hotel Potomac Mills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is conveniently located off I-95, 20 minutes south of DC. We offer a deluxe hot breakfast, with eggs cooked to order. We also feature a full service restaurant and bar, indoor swimming pool and fitness center. On Site Laundry is avaliable as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.