“Perfect Hotel - Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Perfect Hotel - Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This property is just great. Instated here on business during a trade show at Quantico. Their staff is extremely hospitable and warm. The property is beautiful and comfortable. Bed and room furnishings were great. They have a nice bar and outdoor patio. Breakfast was average for Courtyard but not bad. Breakfast service was good. The location is very good. Just 10 minutes from the main gate at Quantico and right at the interchange of I95. There are lots of businesses within walking distance. Target across the street and a good mix of local restaurants and chains. Really liked this place and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We take pride in upholding our high service and cleanliness standards and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again. If you ever need anything in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to me or my assistant manager. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for approximately 2 weeks while searching for a place to live. Everyone was extremely friendly to me and my husband. The hotel is easy to find and close to I95, which is a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don’t mind spending a little more for a hotel. The only downfall is the rooms do not have microwave ovens in them and the refrigerators are dorm style (which is what I expected). I called the front desk and asked if they had a microwave I could use during my stay since I was going to be there for 2 weeks. Luckily they had one and would bring it right up.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Aberdeen, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The overall hotel was clean and accommodating, however my first night didn't start off to well. I arrived late in the evening, around 10 pm and simply checked in and went out with friends until approximately 12p. I was in my room for 12 minutes when a front desk attendant knocked on my door and proceeded to tell me he had received a noise complaint from my room. I was SHOCKED!. My first response was to say "are you kidding".
This bothered me my entire weekend. When I checked out, i brought it up again to the manager on duty and explained I did not want any problems to come of this, I was not noisy in any way and respect the other guests at that time of night. There was a large wedding party staying that weekend as well, and I was told the complaint to my room was an error. No-one ever came to apologize to me for that or to tell me the issue was not from my room.
The hotel is conveniently located off of 95 and has everything you need in close proximity. I would like to thank Lori Houtiling from the Southern Pines NC area for recommending this location. She is great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm extremely sorry that you were confused with another guests room. I am truly embarrased and ashamed for this error. Please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope to make your next stay with us perfect! Have a great day!

Richard
Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 37 nights for business. The staff was really friendly and helpful, especially Catie, Delva and the manager Richard. When my fridge gave out, he immediately got on the phone and had it replaced. When I arrived, the hot tub was not working, they were supposed to have it modified for handicapped access. After a few complaints, Richard had it in working order again for the pleasure of the residents. A great place, but my only gripe is not with the staff but with the rewards program. After 37 nights, you would imagine you could at least have one free night. Not so with Marriott Rewards, where you get 10 points for every dollar you spend, but it takes 40k points for the cheapest of hotels! Thats 4,000$!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the rooms away from the boulevard, or else you might find it noisy...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We take pride in upholding our high service and cleanliness standards and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again next spring.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I arrived in the Afternoon. I had a reservation. I tipped the front desk and told them cleanliness was very important to me and that I needed to run a couple errands and would return to check in.

Room was dirty. Sheets were paper thin, bed cover had a small what looked like blood stain. It had been washed but since the bedspread is cheap it should not have been reused.

Bathroom had hair and sticky stuff on the counters.

Staff was friendly but does not make up for my tipping the front desk to check my room out before i check in and they ignoring me.So much for all the hype I have been hearing about tipping the front desk.

Was charged $3.95 for a small bag of candy. I expected $2.00 for a bag of candy that retails for 75 cents. Its the principle. No prices are posted for any of the front desk snack area so I can only imagine what some of the other things would have cost. Again, its not the money but the principle.

When I shared my displeasure with the hotel they emailed me a sorry you had a bad experience email. I replied back that it did not seem sincere. It almost seemed like the wording they email anytime a guest has a bad experience. They emailed back No really we are being sincere. Hello...I expect a call not an email considering the number of issues I took the time to detail out for you politely. I even said I wanted to give them a chance to respond without me just posting a bad review online.

All I wanted was a call to perosnally apologize for sticking me in a dirty room AFTER i took the time to tip the front desk to check the room for me. I also wanted a partial refund for a $4.00 charge on candy I bought at the front desk. The price was way over the cost of what you can get it for at a store.

This property is not owned by Marriott. Its a company that owns several properties all over the US. I will make sure to check their website in the future to see if any hotel I plan to stay at part of their properties. Lips service for a bad experience is worthless.

My complaints were legitimate. If you cant provide a clean room, whats the point. your a hotel. You have one job. Clean room at a fair price. Not that hard.

Room Tip: Good parking is limited, back area has parking but poor lighting and lots of coverage with shrubs an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I have gone ahead and spoken with the proper individuals to resolve and fix these problems. Hopefully we can make it up to you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in many Marriotts's and this one by far was not the greatest, I stayed in Rm 130 on Saturday, June 15th, when I arrived the check in process was ok, the girl at the front desk, decided she wanted to have a lengthy conversation with the folks in front of me, and I stood standing to be waited on while they chit chatted, that did not make me so happy as I was very tired and just wanted to go to my room. Then I get inside, the room was very nice, until I saw water damage in the ceiling of the room and then the next morning when I wake up I have bites all over me, my guest also had the same bites, that are still currently on my hand as I type this and also on my guest body, I don't know what was in that room but it needs to be sprayed or something. So I can't say that it was a pleasant stay because we didn't sleep well because we were being bitten, didnt realize it until the next morning when we woke up and by that time, it was time for us to leave. So I thought I would just tell my experience here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are someone who has taken Amtrak's Auto Train - and you live north of Washington, DC, you know how much of a hassle it is to drive through the DC area and hope that you are not caught in a traffic jam that could cause you to miss the train. I've done this several times in the past, but no more. This time we opted to stay at the Potomac Mills Courtyard the day before our train departed. What a smart move. Because this Marriot is just a few stops up I95, there were no concerns about missing the train. Overall, this is a typical Courtyard, meaning it was clean, had plenty of parking, and a very friendly staff. Aside from not being far from the Potomac Mills mall, you are right in the center of several shopping centers. Very convenient, Since we were meeting family for dinner, we didn't get the chance to have dinner there. But we did have breakfast. You have your choice of a buffet or a freshly cooked breakfast. If my future plans include another Auto Train trip, I would strongly consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We take pride in upholding our high service, breakfast, and cleanliness standards and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!