“Just ok” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Richmond, Virginia
“Just ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed in many Marriotts's and this one by far was not the greatest, I stayed in Rm 130 on Saturday, June 15th, when I arrived the check in process was ok, the girl at the front desk, decided she wanted to have a lengthy conversation with the folks in front of me, and I stood standing to be waited on while they chit chatted, that did not make me so happy as I was very tired and just wanted to go to my room. Then I get inside, the room was very nice, until I saw water damage in the ceiling of the room and then the next morning when I wake up I have bites all over me, my guest also had the same bites, that are still currently on my hand as I type this and also on my guest body, I don't know what was in that room but it needs to be sprayed or something. So I can't say that it was a pleasant stay because we didn't sleep well because we were being bitten, didnt realize it until the next morning when we woke up and by that time, it was time for us to leave. So I thought I would just tell my experience here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I have gone ahead and spoken with the proper individuals to resolve and fix these problems. Hopefully we can make it up to you the next time you are in the Woodbridge area.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

If you are someone who has taken Amtrak's Auto Train - and you live north of Washington, DC, you know how much of a hassle it is to drive through the DC area and hope that you are not caught in a traffic jam that could cause you to miss the train. I've done this several times in the past, but no more. This time we opted to stay at the Potomac Mills Courtyard the day before our train departed. What a smart move. Because this Marriot is just a few stops up I95, there were no concerns about missing the train. Overall, this is a typical Courtyard, meaning it was clean, had plenty of parking, and a very friendly staff. Aside from not being far from the Potomac Mills mall, you are right in the center of several shopping centers. Very convenient, Since we were meeting family for dinner, we didn't get the chance to have dinner there. But we did have breakfast. You have your choice of a buffet or a freshly cooked breakfast. If my future plans include another Auto Train trip, I would strongly consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We take pride in upholding our high service, breakfast, and cleanliness standards and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We just spent one night here Easter weekend and were very satisfied. We were pleasantly greeted upon entering the building which was much needed after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours. Our room was spotless, comfortable and nicely decorated. Our girls (11 & 13) enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was good with more pleasant staff assisting us. We would definitely stay here again. Only 1.5 miles to Potomac mills mall.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind words and taking time to review our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room was comfortable for your family. We take great pride in upholding high cleanliness and guest service expectations. We hope to see you and your family again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hard to believe this hotel is a Courtyard. It was much more along the lines of one of Marriotts lower end names like a Fairfield Inn.
No major complaints, just a little rough around the edges. The room was clean and comfortable but I would have rather payed a lower price at one of the nearby hotels and gotten an included breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service and our high standards of housekeeping. We hope to see you again if you travel back to the Woodbridge area!
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for one night from 3/8/13 - 3/9/13. Overall it was a great stay. We wanted to stay close to the Potomac Mill outlet so we could head there early the next day. We are able to check-in early with no problem. The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful. I believe her name was Katie. She was able to give us a tourist map of D.C. and directions to the metro station. When we returned that night we got delivery menus and information was another rep who was also great. The room itself still smells new. It was very clean and a decent size. Per the other reviews I asked for a upper level room high floor. The location was very quiet and faced the Residence Inn. I was granted and even 3rd floor room and they were sold out that night. The room was a good size and included a coffee maker and refrigerator. The decor was nice and the beds were very comfortable. I had a few complaints the towels were small and cheap feeling. Also the shower wasn't very hot and the pressure was just okay. Parking was easy and plentiful. The hotel has a small store, restaurant, and bar but we didn't use any. Also the location was really good. There are tons of restaurants nearby and shopping centers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. I'm glad you got to enjoy our hotel and the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. It's one of my favorite malls as well. Tons of great deals! I'll be sure to pass the kind comments along to Katie as well. Hope to have you back soon!

Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked this hotel because the rates were better than other hotels nearby and it is located about 2 miles from the potomac mills mall. The staff was great!

The refrigerator in our room did not work at all.

We were disappointed because we were looking forward to using the spa and it was closed, permanently. This amentity should be removed from their website since it's no longer available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to remove the hot tub from the tripadvisor website immediately. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight Christmas week brand new, ultra modern decor, two bathroom set up in room which was wonderful, clean and fresh. A nice surprise after driving 10 hrs. Hotel was easy to find (unlike some Marriotts) which was an added + . I would definitely go out of my way to stay here again.
Breakfast was typical Marriott Buffett a little more pricey but lots of selections to choose from.
Actually did not want to leave to continue trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you your positive feedback! I also love the "new" decor in our guestrooms. We actually got renovated exactly one year ago. The red really sets the room off. We are so glad that you picked our hotel to stay at during your long drive. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Richard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!