“A Courtyard???” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Woodbridge
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Courtyard???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hard to believe this hotel is a Courtyard. It was much more along the lines of one of Marriotts lower end names like a Fairfield Inn.
No major complaints, just a little rough around the edges. The room was clean and comfortable but I would have rather payed a lower price at one of the nearby hotels and gotten an included breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our friendly guest service and our high standards of housekeeping. We hope to see you again if you travel back to the Woodbridge area!

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for one night from 3/8/13 - 3/9/13. Overall it was a great stay. We wanted to stay close to the Potomac Mill outlet so we could head there early the next day. We are able to check-in early with no problem. The front desk agent was very friendly and helpful. I believe her name was Katie. She was able to give us a tourist map of D.C. and directions to the metro station. When we returned that night we got delivery menus and information was another rep who was also great. The room itself still smells new. It was very clean and a decent size. Per the other reviews I asked for a upper level room high floor. The location was very quiet and faced the Residence Inn. I was granted and even 3rd floor room and they were sold out that night. The room was a good size and included a coffee maker and refrigerator. The decor was nice and the beds were very comfortable. I had a few complaints the towels were small and cheap feeling. Also the shower wasn't very hot and the pressure was just okay. Parking was easy and plentiful. The hotel has a small store, restaurant, and bar but we didn't use any. Also the location was really good. There are tons of restaurants nearby and shopping centers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments. I'm glad you got to enjoy our hotel and the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. It's one of my favorite malls as well. Tons of great deals! I'll be sure to pass the kind comments along to Katie as well. Hope to have you back soon!

Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked this hotel because the rates were better than other hotels nearby and it is located about 2 miles from the potomac mills mall. The staff was great!

The refrigerator in our room did not work at all.

We were disappointed because we were looking forward to using the spa and it was closed, permanently. This amentity should be removed from their website since it's no longer available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to remove the hot tub from the tripadvisor website immediately. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here overnight Christmas week brand new, ultra modern decor, two bathroom set up in room which was wonderful, clean and fresh. A nice surprise after driving 10 hrs. Hotel was easy to find (unlike some Marriotts) which was an added + . I would definitely go out of my way to stay here again.
Breakfast was typical Marriott Buffett a little more pricey but lots of selections to choose from.
Actually did not want to leave to continue trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you your positive feedback! I also love the "new" decor in our guestrooms. We actually got renovated exactly one year ago. The red really sets the room off. We are so glad that you picked our hotel to stay at during your long drive. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Dothan, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Property was clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was good......only problem was my room (315) was facing the busy road and I simply could not drown out the noise. If I had been on the other side, I would have given this location a better rating but a primary purpose of the hotel is to get some rest! I will stay again but not on this side!!

Room Tip: again.....dont go to the side I did.....315 was the room...too much traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hi, thank you for your kind comments and feedback. I'm sorry about the noise from the road behind our hotel. I understand how frustrating and unpleasant that could be. The next time you stay with us we will be sure to have you stay in an "even" numbered room which will face the front of our building. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Nice modern room with comfy bed. Staff very helpful and nice (even though it was weekend before Christmas and they had to be busy). Very happy with breakfast buffet which costs a little more. We prefer healthy choices and there were a lot of extra details: walnuts, raisins, cinnamon & brown sugar available with hot oatmeal, skim milk available (and not just 2% & whole), bagel cutter, eggs were not smothered in cheese, and of course there were all the regular items like waffle maker, etc. Hotel is behind a few buildings making it feel a little private though it is right in the Potomac Mills shopping area. We will go back there again. We stay in Marriotts whenever we go to the DC area and were very pleased with this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks! We hope you enjoyed your holiday season, I sure did! I hope you got a chance to go shopping at the Potomac Mills mall. They have a ton of new stores and restaurants in and around the mall. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Have a great day.

Sincerely, Richard
Yokohama, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a newer Courtyard, with very sleek, spacious rooms and all the amenities you'd expect. I spent a week here on for a business trip and the hotel was a welcome haven at the end of a full day of conferences and presentations. The location is convenient for car travel, just off the Prince William Parkway exit at I-95. The Potomac Mills Outlet Mall is less than five minutes away door-to-door by car. There are several restaurant and dining options within five to ten minutes also (by car). The breakfast is nice, offering your usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and cereals, pastries and some fruit, yogurt, do-it-yourself waffles, bread/toast, juice and coffee. They also did made-to-order eggs, which I took advantage of each morning I was there. I like my over-easy eggs. Closer to the hotel, there is a CONSTANTLY packed Chipotle, a Chick-fil-a and a Starbucks - you can walk to them without risking life and limb.

Being a runner and one who would prefer to walk than drive, the location is not so ideal - a typical suburban-sprawl concrete jungle, with limited sidewalks. The on-site workout room leaves a lot to be desired - very small, one treadmill and one elliptical machine. I did hear the hotel has a deal with a local gym though, so I would ask about that if you are interested in getting a good workout during your stay.

Again, very nice property and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm glad you took advantage of our "made-to-order" eggs, also one of my favorite options at Courtyards. Can you believe that the Chipotle and Chic-Fil-A are the busiest in our nation?! I actually read an article not too long ago in our local newspaper about them. We are definitely associated with a local gym that is only a five minute drive from our hotel. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you can try them. Also, we have a local park that has an awesome running/walking trail. Please be sure to stop by the front desk next time and we will be more than happy to provide you directions, along with the map of the trail. We hope to have you back soon! Enjoy your holidays!

Richard

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!