“Nice property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Yokohama, Japan
“Nice property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a newer Courtyard, with very sleek, spacious rooms and all the amenities you'd expect. I spent a week here on for a business trip and the hotel was a welcome haven at the end of a full day of conferences and presentations. The location is convenient for car travel, just off the Prince William Parkway exit at I-95. The Potomac Mills Outlet Mall is less than five minutes away door-to-door by car. There are several restaurant and dining options within five to ten minutes also (by car). The breakfast is nice, offering your usual scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and cereals, pastries and some fruit, yogurt, do-it-yourself waffles, bread/toast, juice and coffee. They also did made-to-order eggs, which I took advantage of each morning I was there. I like my over-easy eggs. Closer to the hotel, there is a CONSTANTLY packed Chipotle, a Chick-fil-a and a Starbucks - you can walk to them without risking life and limb.

Being a runner and one who would prefer to walk than drive, the location is not so ideal - a typical suburban-sprawl concrete jungle, with limited sidewalks. The on-site workout room leaves a lot to be desired - very small, one treadmill and one elliptical machine. I did hear the hotel has a deal with a local gym though, so I would ask about that if you are interested in getting a good workout during your stay.

Again, very nice property and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm glad you took advantage of our "made-to-order" eggs, also one of my favorite options at Courtyards. Can you believe that the Chipotle and Chic-Fil-A are the busiest in our nation?! I actually read an article not too long ago in our local newspaper about them. We are definitely associated with a local gym that is only a five minute drive from our hotel. Hopefully the next time you stay with us you can try them. Also, we have a local park that has an awesome running/walking trail. Please be sure to stop by the front desk next time and we will be more than happy to provide you directions, along with the map of the trail. We hope to have you back soon! Enjoy your holidays!

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for ome night for a women's shopping trip to Potomac Mills mall. It was quite close to the mall and places to eat. When we first arrived, there was confusion about the reservation, but it was quickly resolved. They did take a while to get to the desk, but the process was fairly painless. Our room was great, nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom was roomy and adequate for our needs. The beds were comfy, but the pillows were too soft for my taste. We needed an extra wash cloth, we called and no one ever showed, we happen to look right outside our door, and the maid provided us with one no problem. They do have a breakfast buffet for 8.95; we chose not to try it out. The hotel itself is, in my opinion, a bit pricey. We did get an AARP discount, so that helped. I would probably stay here again, but may shop around first to ensure I get the best price. Overall, it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We hope to have you back soon!

Central Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Large, comfy room. Bed & pillows were wonderful. Breakfast buffet is $8.99 & the ONLY thing differentiating it from every other continental brkfst was bacon and sausage & biscuits. We were awoken the next morning around 5am by an alarm in the adjoining room and after 15min I called the front desk. They did enter the room to shut it of after verifying it was unoccupied, called me back (which I was not expecting, I just wanted to go back to sleep) and offered us free breakfast. Staff from check in to check out was terrific to include making us a booking at FairField Inn & Suites Marriott, in Williamsburg. Due to Hurricane Sandy we needed to rearrange some vacation plans. Offers Military & AAA discounts. Have a nice bar/lounge. Centrally located to lots of shopping. See review on Fairfield Inn ( 2 stars)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I also love our beds and pillows. You can actually purchase the exact same ones on shopcourtyard.com. I do want to apologize for the noisy alarm clock. I hope it didn't keep you up for too long. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

christiansburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have great things to say about our stay here. My mother and I had a "girls only weekend" and stayed here for two nights. The room was clean, the check-in was easy, the room service was yummy, and the whirlpool was nice and hot. After a long day of shopping we thoroughly enjoyed the very short drive back to out hotel and taking a quick soak in the pool/whirlpool. The rooms were new, clean, quiet, and stocked with plenty of pillows and linens. The hotel location was perfect for shopping and dining.

My only complaint was that the front desk staff seemed to be absent at times and no one else was around to help us. For instance, the pool area was out of towels and I went to request more, but there wasn't anyone around. I stood there for several minutes but no one came. I had to hunt down a maid in the laundry room. The towels were replenished quickly, but it was sort of aggravating that no one was around to assist me. Also, the pantry area which sells candy, popcorn, ice cream, etc was so outrageous in their prices I could hardly keep from fainting. Seriously, they wanted $3 for a small roll of Mentos. That takes highway robbery to a new level.

Those were the only two areas that did not completely satisfy me, but overall, I would certainly return. I will remember to pack my own snacks next time though. :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm so glad that you and your mother enjoyed your "girls only weekend". I'm also glad that you enjoyed our whirlpool/jacuzzi. It's definitely satisfying after a long day of shopping. Sorry about not having an efficient amount of towels in the pool area. I have already addressed this issue with the appropriate people. We hope to have you back soon! Have a great day!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to heaps of restaurants and stores. Staff very friendly and greeted me at every return by name. Breakfsst is standard hot buffet but well stocked and convenient. The bartender, Jerome, was very good even though he had to do the lobby bar and food. The lobby became our favourite hang out to meet up with friends!

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel should be rated well, however..... I will not be a repeat visitor. On arrival I had to wait 5 plus minutes at an abandoned check in counter waiting for the clerk who was no where to be seen... And the only person working the front desk.not a great first Impression. While waiting I notice the place is over run With teenage girls ... Running talking and running around the lobby. This is strike two. The noise and chaos continues as I head to my room with giggling and loud girl talk behind doors on the 4th floor. The room was clean and roomy.... But then.. Sin of all sins at 4.50am the alarm I did not set goes off... On a weekend as well. So in a nutshell, chaos, noise and uncaring staff about sums it up! Find option B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very large room with two king size beds , large bathroom and coffee maker .
Staff very friendly and hotel very clean .
Located at short distance to the Potomac Mills Outlet .
There is a small fitness and a swimming pool .
I will go back !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!