“Comfy location.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Woodbridge
Central Florida, United States
“Comfy location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Large, comfy room. Bed & pillows were wonderful. Breakfast buffet is $8.99 & the ONLY thing differentiating it from every other continental brkfst was bacon and sausage & biscuits. We were awoken the next morning around 5am by an alarm in the adjoining room and after 15min I called the front desk. They did enter the room to shut it of after verifying it was unoccupied, called me back (which I was not expecting, I just wanted to go back to sleep) and offered us free breakfast. Staff from check in to check out was terrific to include making us a booking at FairField Inn & Suites Marriott, in Williamsburg. Due to Hurricane Sandy we needed to rearrange some vacation plans. Offers Military & AAA discounts. Have a nice bar/lounge. Centrally located to lots of shopping. See review on Fairfield Inn ( 2 stars)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I also love our beds and pillows. You can actually purchase the exact same ones on shopcourtyard.com. I do want to apologize for the noisy alarm clock. I hope it didn't keep you up for too long. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
christiansburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have great things to say about our stay here. My mother and I had a "girls only weekend" and stayed here for two nights. The room was clean, the check-in was easy, the room service was yummy, and the whirlpool was nice and hot. After a long day of shopping we thoroughly enjoyed the very short drive back to out hotel and taking a quick soak in the pool/whirlpool. The rooms were new, clean, quiet, and stocked with plenty of pillows and linens. The hotel location was perfect for shopping and dining.

My only complaint was that the front desk staff seemed to be absent at times and no one else was around to help us. For instance, the pool area was out of towels and I went to request more, but there wasn't anyone around. I stood there for several minutes but no one came. I had to hunt down a maid in the laundry room. The towels were replenished quickly, but it was sort of aggravating that no one was around to assist me. Also, the pantry area which sells candy, popcorn, ice cream, etc was so outrageous in their prices I could hardly keep from fainting. Seriously, they wanted $3 for a small roll of Mentos. That takes highway robbery to a new level.

Those were the only two areas that did not completely satisfy me, but overall, I would certainly return. I will remember to pack my own snacks next time though. :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm so glad that you and your mother enjoyed your "girls only weekend". I'm also glad that you enjoyed our whirlpool/jacuzzi. It's definitely satisfying after a long day of shopping. Sorry about not having an efficient amount of towels in the pool area. I have already addressed this issue with the appropriate people. We hope to have you back soon! Have a great day!

Richard
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Convenient to heaps of restaurants and stores. Staff very friendly and greeted me at every return by name. Breakfsst is standard hot buffet but well stocked and convenient. The bartender, Jerome, was very good even though he had to do the lobby bar and food. The lobby became our favourite hang out to meet up with friends!

• Stayed October 2012
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel should be rated well, however..... I will not be a repeat visitor. On arrival I had to wait 5 plus minutes at an abandoned check in counter waiting for the clerk who was no where to be seen... And the only person working the front desk.not a great first Impression. While waiting I notice the place is over run With teenage girls ... Running talking and running around the lobby. This is strike two. The noise and chaos continues as I head to my room with giggling and loud girl talk behind doors on the 4th floor. The room was clean and roomy.... But then.. Sin of all sins at 4.50am the alarm I did not set goes off... On a weekend as well. So in a nutshell, chaos, noise and uncaring staff about sums it up! Find option B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very large room with two king size beds , large bathroom and coffee maker .
Staff very friendly and hotel very clean .
Located at short distance to the Potomac Mills Outlet .
There is a small fitness and a swimming pool .
I will go back !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

THANKYOU Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills.

My wife and I recently stayed there for 2 nights. We absolutely loved our stay at your facility. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite and truly loved our room. So much in fact that we decided to forgo more touring (the last full day of our trip) and soak in the hotel facility and the pleasure of just hanging around in our room.

First of all, a hotel is largely defined by it's staff, and this hotel stands above many others in how the hotel staff made our stay pleasurable. So , if any managers are reading this, make sure you tell your staff from reception , to room care, you have an excellent team working there.

From courteous help, to friendly conversations, and brilliant smiles, everyone really made us feel good about our stay. The hotel grounds were immaculate. The hotel atmosphere vibrant and fresh, clean and tidy.

We really enjoyed the spa/pool and loved the garden with pathway outside the pool area.

A confectionery, shopping (Target plus some big-box names) and restaurants all within walking distance. Much more just a short drive away, including the Potomac Mills shopping centre which included many many outlets.

Breakfast buffet was a good value at $8.95

We will surely be back if we ever come to the DC area again.

Note: anyone travelling to Reagan Airport, give yourself an hour and a half in morning traffic. It was slow, but steady. Follow the hotel direction which the front desk has. Its quicker than the GPS.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the best Marriott Courtyard ever. The front desk was cordial & helpful, the room was emaculate, the facilities were extremely clean, and the staff was courteous & pleasant. We found out the hotel is only 7 years old, so its relatively new. But the friendly attitude of the staff was exceptional. Without question, we'll stay there again when we return to the Potomac Mills area.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Potomac Mills? Share your experiences!